Gun changes on Call of Duty

4 Bagger

I have always wondered why they keep the same guns on some CoD games but change the appearance?

Examples: The MP5K looks different on Black OPS than MW2 and the same thing with the FAMAS? The Famas is so different that is has changed from a 3 round burst gun to a Machine gun?

Is there any real reason or is it producers such as Treyarch and Infinity Ward that are just mentally stupid?

You should recognize the fact that there is a 40 year difference between Black Ops and MW2. Obviously guns would change in that amount of time.

SirKnight2012
You should recognize the fact that there is a 40 year difference between Black Ops and MW2. Obviously guns would change in that amount of time.

/thread

Good point -_-

The Famas is puzzling me though. If BO is much older than MW2, why is it a 3-round burst on MW2 and it even looks older MW2? The one on Black OPS looks much better, shoots better and is a full machine assault rifle.

An even bigger question. Why is there a famas in black ops? Famas was not around.

el1e0jer0qpyjd2fg.jpg

/thread

Try to post more than one word.

38773_s.gif

Weapon scaling. No point handing you the noob cannon right away. While the FAMAS in the scheme of things is quite capable in real life, MW2 needed to make it look pretty crappy but Black Ops needed to make it relatively kick-ass, due the the eras involved.

COD isn't exactly the pinnacle of realism now.

An even bigger question. Why is there a famas in black ops? Famas was not around.

One of the levels is set in 1963 as it says at the very bottom, and you are holding an MP5K, earliest prototype version with a wooden square loop type vertical grip, the very FIRST ever prototype for that was built in 1976. Some 13 years later. Not to mention it had a reflex red dot sight on it which even in the 80s, gigantic optics were the only thing available.

Proof:

user posted image

user posted image

Serial, 0001.

I would usually say keep this in the sh*tty cod topic, but I love guns too much.

DO NOT, trust COD games with guns, they f*ck them up and ruin them and dont know sh*t. Nothing in their sh*tty games is remotely realistic or done respectively of guns.

The Famas and M16 burst thing, is just a stupid way to balance the game, In reality you should just be able to select auto or semi auto. And really, burst is only designed for either, novice troops who may not be able to control the weapon/ waste all their ammo when excited, or to control high rate of fire weapons. NO special forces use anything burst. Except maybe a 2shot burst on things such as the UMP or AN-94.

The latest vids of the new COD game, it does not deserve a title other than cod sh*te, has people holding weapons incorrectly and containing vertical grips on MP5's yet not even holding them.

COD rarely will put in any accurate weapons for accurate militaries or for the correct era. Even then, they try and jazz them up with attachments or modern furniture just to make all the kids jizz themselves.

It is pathetic.

Edited by Daz
kT8ve9H.png

Claude4Catalina

still waiting on a decent Vietnam shooter....felt kinda cheated by Black Ops; felt more like Fight Club with assault rifles.

You won't find a better current Vietnam shooter than the BFBC2 Vietnam expansion. They got it as right as it's going to get.

jMNM8n3.gif

You won't find a better current Vietnam shooter than the BFBC2 Vietnam expansion. They got it as right as it's going to get.

Oh sh*t let's not get this started,

let's stray away from a debate we have already charted.

I agree with your point that BFBC2 Vietnam is fun,

but the COD vs BF debate is overdone.

Damn AMF poetry topic, making me rhyme everywhere now.

el1e0jer0qpyjd2fg.jpg

He wasn't making a CoD v BF statement, he was telling Claude4Catalina about a better than decent Vietnam shooter.

Let's keep it there, shall we?

jMNM8n3.gif

Let's keep it there, shall we?

But the forums will grow awfully stale maybe?

23088_s.gif

Finn 7 five 11

Adding to what was said, the games do try to be different, they are quite similar as it is, and cop a lot of criticism for it, changing the guns and stuff around only makes sense.

I don't care about guns(yes, they could change them), what I care about is the story lenght ..... I hate it, that it's only about 8 hours long and then the focus goes to multiplayer. I want it to be like Call Of Duty again(14-16 hours of singleplayer)

The Famas is puzzling me though. If BO is much older than MW2, why is it a 3-round burst on MW2 and it even looks older MW2? The one on Black OPS looks much better, shoots better and is a full machine assault rifle.

Well, if the gun has been around since the 60s in the CoD universe of course it's going to look older in MW2. That's a good 40+ years it's been around.

The guns are one of the worst things about CoD, but I doubt too many people playing it are looking for realism. The guns just need to be big and shiny and have a grendade launcher attached.

user posted image

There's also something which seems to be lost on the CoD demographic a lot of the time. Guns can have different firing modes. Full auto and burst fire aren't better or worse than each other, it's not like a gun goes single shot> burst fire> full auto as it evolves and is made better.

Hell, I'm pretty sure you can see the firing mode selection thing on the Famas in BlOps.

user posted image

Finn 7 five 11
There's also something which seems to be lost on the CoD demographic a lot of the time. Guns can have different firing modes. Full auto and burst fire aren't better or worse than each other, it's not like a gun goes single shot> burst fire> full auto as it evolves and is made better.

Hell, I'm pretty sure you can see the firing mode selection thing on the Famas in BlOps.

I don't see the point in a burst option personally, when you can just modulate your own shooting by pressing and releasing at your desired rate, and not be forced into bursts in a situation like a close range shootout.