Is it possible when being chased by chop coppers..

StormerBoy

I was playing free mode yesterday and whilst being chased by cops on four star wanted, all of sudden I literally had about 6 or so police choppers in the air around me. I started shooting them down and more kept coming for about a minute.

Is it normal to have this many police choppers after you?

---------------------------------

When being chased by chopper cops on free mode is it possible to either:

1. Shoot the two cops with snipers without damaging/smoking chopper? If so what does chopper then do with no way to shoot you.

2. shoot just pilot, and again without damaging/smoking chopper?

Finally why doesn’t the chopper use its inbuilt guns on you, if not on four star wanted level then why not at least on 6 star wanted level?

Edited by Seddo

When being chased by chopper cops on free mode is it possible to either:

1. Shoot the two cops with snipers without damaging/smoking chopper? If so what does chopper then do with no way to shoot you.

2. shoot just pilot, and again without damaging/smoking chopper?

Finally why doesn’t the chopper use its inbuilt guns on you, if not on four star wanted level then why not at least on 6 star wanted level?

You can take out both of the shooters sitting in the heli without damaging the helicopter, it will then retreat and fly away from the location. The pilot can be taken out, and as a result of that the helicopter will automatically crash land, which in most cases leads to an instant explosion.

Regarding the inbuilt chopper guns, I think it would be difficult to program the AI to actually aim and hit with the miniguns. Besides, the shooters sitting in the helicopter would be pretty much useless if the helicopter was to aim the guns towards its target

Although I only ever played in single player, I don't see why it would be any different in free mode, so I think I should be able to answer this.

It's possible to shoot the gunners in the choppers without damaging the chopper itself. If you manage to kill one of the gunners, the pilot will rotate the chopper around so the other gunner can fire at you. If you manage to kill that gunner then the chopper will fly away and come back with new gunners.

You can also shoot the gun out of the gunners hand and they will switch to using a pistol against you, which makes them less of a threat since they won't have as much accuracy or range as they would with their assault rifle/MG. You can even shoot the pistol out of their hands and at that point they won't be a threat to you at all. The pilot won't fly away because his gunners won't be dead and he'll think they're still shooting at you, even though they have no weapons. This is best done with a sniper rifle, it'd be too difficult to pull off with any other weapon, though I'm sure it's possible. But best weapon for this trick is using a sniper rifle. It doesn't matter which sniper rifle you choose, both will do fine.

And yes you can shoot out the pilot without damaging the chopper. You just need to aim carefully and make sure to hit him through the windshield/side windows/or the floor windows if it's the regular police chopper. If the chopper is close enough to the ground it can hit the ground without blowing up on impact too. But it's usually a gamble whether or not it'll blow up on impact or not, and sometimes it'll land safely but be too close to a wall or pole and lose its propellers. Try to snipe out the pilot when he's low to the ground over an open area, even a very wide street will work. Or get the chopper when its hovering close over a roof top when you're on a building and sniper out the pilot and it should land safely on the roof for you to take.

And I'm not sure why they don't use their miniguns on you. I'm guessing it would just make the game too difficult. But in one or two of the missions in TBOGT they actually fire at you with the inbuilt guns, but in regular gameplay they do not.