computer freezes after 10 minutes in game

RealityReal

RealityReal

Hello, i have just recently bought gta 4 and when i go to play, it will freeze after 10 minutes of gameplay.

here are my specs:

Processor Intel® Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

System Type x64-based PC

Total Physical Memory 12.0 GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M 3.0GB Vram

It freezes when my gpu is temped around 65

I have tried to run it in the lowest quality settings for everything even that wont work, i have reason to believe this is the cause of my GPU clock getting overworked. can someone give me some advice or tell me what is making this happen. Thank you

RealityReal

will do when i get the chance, im currently re-installing the game

From what i remember my processor load was at like 50% overall

Hello, i have just recently bought gta 4 and when i go to play, it will freeze after 10 minutes of gameplay.

here are my specs:

Processor Intel® Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

System Type x64-based PC

I have tried to run it in the lowest quality settings for everything even that wont work, i have reason to believe this is the cause of my GPU clock getting overworked. can someone give me some advice or tell me what is making this happen. Thank you

I see alot of M's is that a labtop your running on? o.O

Ya, probably due to overheating you're getting this problem as the laptop will automatically reduce CPU speed to prevent any damage caused by heat dissipation.

You can also try using memrestrict, if it's a memory related problem.

OverTheBelow

here are my specs:

System Type x64-based PC

65C is perfectly fine for a GTX 560M. Around 95C is when it will begin to throttle itself.

Like these guys have said, check your processors temperatures. Turbo boost may be causing the overheating.

DU8afL0.jpg