Stencil

ProtoisS

Narcis_speed6

To be honest, unless you're going to draw in the rest of the head/hair yourself, the stencil isn't going to look that good unless it's done in the corner of something.

A quick and dirty job using just filters and adjustments doesn't give you a very good result (see below). It'll probably take quite of a bit on pen tool work to get it done clean and well. I haven't got the time to dedicate to that, but the one below would work ok as long as you ignore the finnicky bits and just smooth them out when you're cutting out your acetate/paper/whatever. It's going to be at least a two later stencil though, easiest if you go white then black.

user posted image

EDIT: Looking back at it after not seeing the source for a few minutes, I don't think anybody would be able to tell what it is when seeing it with fresh eyes. You'll need something to make it obvious that the hair is hair, and a boundary of some description between skin and hair. the similarity in colour between hair and skin is particularly tricky if you're just working with filters.

Edited by Robinski
user posted image

Are you serious? You think you can make that with a paint can on a wall? Maybe a silhouette is what you mean?

EDIT: Hi, robinski.

pkmTc.gif

meh i thought i'd have to add something ._.

Thanks alot tounge.gif

and yes i think i can paint it with a spray >.<

If you're looking to making your own stencils in future, and have access to photoshop, and/or painting multi layered stencils, you could check out this tutorial I did a while back in Vis Arts. It takes you through a few of the basic tricks of simplifying out the image and breaking it up. It's far from eprfect but making the thing definitely helped me learn some stuff, and I think it helped some others too.

/shameless plug

user posted image

Narcis_speed6