Has Coldplay lost their touch?

grope_4_that_date

grope_4_that_date

After 2008, I became a huge fan of Coldplay.

And I was almost as excited for their next album

until their recent single came out. "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall."

Coldplay had class...once. They lost their touch, unless they change

this Pop crap. And what's up with the font and colors? Did you make that

on Picnik.com?

user posted image

user posted image

Really Coldplay?

Claude4Catalina

I'm not gonna argue cause I'm not a dedicated fan, but there has been a noticable change over time; some artists mature whereas some change from album to album.

Same as C4C, I'm not a huge Coldplay fan, but I've heard their music change throughout the years and it is, sadly, losing a bit of it's touch.

Not completely, but their songs seem to fade away from the Coldplay style many of us know very well.

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

I like the old coldplay. Yeah I mean, the scientist, viva la vida, clocks and all. Their last album before that waterfall thing was also good, but when I first heard the song "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" I really didn't feel like I was listening to coldplay.

I've been a Coldplay fan for quite a while now, and I have to agree. While I do like their new single, it's not the same type of Coldplay music that they made it big with. Viva La Vida marked a clear change in their style of music, and I can't say I really like it. All my favorite songs are from Parachutes, A Rush of Blood To The Head, and X & Y.

To me, Coldplay have always been as dull as a tin of beige paint, but others seem to hold their early career in high regard. I've heard both old and new songs over the years despite me not being a fan, and it seems that a change in style attributed to a split of opinion. It happens with many bands. A good example is Bloc Party - their last album was wildly different to early work. It isn't so much that a band gets worse, they just deviate from a style you're used to.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks they are changing for the worse.

I want more of Clocks, instead they gave us some pop-ish crap.