Attack dogs with swat force?

vanhallen5150

vanhallen5150

I was just wondering if you guys thought if it would be a good idea to add dogs with the SWAT force to add realism and a challenge to GTAV. Please leave your thoughts on that idea. smile.gif

allhailkingryan

I would only support this idea if the health is regenerative

Honestly, no, I think the idea is cool on paper, but in actual gameplay I can see it being annoying and not that fun. plus when im fighting cops I want to be able to not worry aboutdogs just chargin at me, with human npcs you can at least keep them surppressed and in cover with gunfire.

Rockstar20124

Honestly, no, I think the idea is cool on paper, but in actual gameplay I can see it being annoying and not that fun. plus when im fighting cops I want to be able to not worry aboutdogs just chargin at me, with human npcs you can at least keep them surppressed and in cover with gunfire.

I definitely agree if you would get these dogs right away with the early wanted levels. But maybe at some of the higher levels? biggrin.gif But then again, you can never outrun a trained attack dog. So you will be forced to shoot them. Because melee attacks at biting dogs are almost useless. You can not use your fists because they come from below and are out of reach. And even if you use your legs for kicking they could dodge the kick and bite and chew your stretched leg off tounge.gif Also, now that I think about it, you maybe can't outrun these dogs, but you can obviously jump and climb your way out of them. And obviously if you have a closed vehicle and you get inside they can't get to you either biggrin.gif So, if done correctly it could definitely add some nice tension to the gameplay cool.gif

Not for me, I wouldn't be able to shoot a dog. I know it's still a game

Seems a good idea, would be fun if they act like the wolves from RDR.

Make the cops more challenging, all they do now is bring heavier vehicles and guns~

I guess shooting civilians is better right?

Yl8KS.jpg

Capricornus

I wouldn't mind it but then a slew of PETA supporters/dog owners would start bitching about it and crying. "Oh please I have a dog! This is unacceptable!"

I am surprised that RDR didn't get heat about this.

caprisig.jpg

AnthMUFC-Champs

Seriously if COD and other games aswell as TV shows and Films can include this then yeah why not would make the game more challenging.

Seriously if COD and other games aswell as TV shows and Films can include this then yeah why not would make the game more challenging.

The thing with them is that they get annoying, in COD they DO get annoying.

In GTA you may have more luck avoiding them, but still.

Yl8KS.jpg

Chad Warden

But I don't get it, when you lose your wanted level to the dogs just teleport?

XqQXAZX.png

This could be a decent idea, but R* would need to take a big step first by adding animals into the game. Once they do that, there is a possibility that this could be implemented.

It would be good for gameplay and could make you think a bit differently. In GTA 4, while combats were certainly improved and a lot better than in previous games, they could be a bit easy at times as long as you were able to find some good cover. If they were to add dogs with the SWAT team, that would all change. In gun battles that involved dogs as well, you would be forced into a situation where you have to alter your strategy and come out of cover more frequently, as I am assuming that the dogs would simply charge at you and not bother with protecting themselves.

sure,but it shouldn't be for the SWAT,since on that level it's all just plain shooting.Maybe from a 2 star level.Anyway,what about the jarheads?should they come back?

If you happen to lose it, you would be far from them. So yeah.

If you are close to one, even if you lose the wanted level (cops couldn't find you) the dog would still try to kill you, you just take him out without no one knowing.

Yl8KS.jpg

WhistleBlower

They would have to spawn at the lowest wanted levels and then stop spawning the higher you get, which I imagine shouldn't take that long. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but I have never heard of attack dogs being used against an armed civilian. If they're not being used to chase you themselves based on the distance you've made then they're probably being used to sniff you or an accomplice out during a raid.

Edited by WhistleBlower

vanhallen5150

Another way could be at a 1 star or no stars have a 15%-35% chance of a dog in a police car or van (to warn the player). And maybe a 40%-50% chance of one with a 2 and 3 wanted star levels. But I'm not sure for a level four star.

Finn 7 five 11

If you happen to lose it, you would be far from them. So yeah.

If you are close to one, even if you lose the wanted level (cops couldn't find you) the dog would still try to kill you, you just take him out without no one knowing.

I really do not like this idea at all, i have to point these two facts out.

Killing the dogs would not be an issue, you can do this in many many other video games.

As for the dogs teleporting, why don't the police just whistle them back to the car? Or they just walk away, ever think of that?

krammkracker

I think it would be awesome, and add a new level of challenge and realism to the game.

Kwandilibro

A K9 unite, huh? While I don't think it would look too good for animal rights folks and whatnot, it'd be funny as hell to occasionally see people get torn the f*ck up by an angry German Shepard, and still get hauled off to jail.

In some ways yes, dogs are innocent at all times, people are not....

And they deserve to get killed because of that?

Yl8KS.jpg

Sure, I have no problem with a gangbanger, rapists, skin heads, bigots, mass murders getting killed, infact I encourage it, Most people would.

Finn 7 five 11

Sure, I have no problem with a gangbanger, rapists, skin heads, bigots, mass murders getting killed, infact I encourage it, Most people would.

It's a video-game, nobody cares if we kill a dog, it has been done several times before.

If a dog is charging at you trying to injure you, i don't see the wrong in killing it if necessary, in a way it is innocent since it doesn't know any better, but who cares.

WE kill Innocent civilians in GTA all the time.

Like i said before, i don't want this implemented, it would be annoying, but i just want to clear those things up.

Forgetting the 'animals and children' side of the argument, you have the question of whether they'd bring the dogs out for minor or major crimes.

Minor? annoying having to enter that 'smash the button' mode like in COD, waste of gameplay IMO. Major? Well escaping a high wanted level on foot isn't the easiest so most people would be in a vehicle, dogs wouldn't come into it.

I think the addition of dogs would make the game more intense.

user posted image

And now we play the waiting game...