1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Get Drunk

spaceeinstein

spaceeinstein

Introduction

This mod lets you get drunk at the Pole Position and the Malibu Clubs. Drinks are free at the Pole Position Club and at the Malibu Club if you have bought it. Each drink costs $100 if you have not bought the Malibu Club. The drunk effect is exactly like "Boomshine Saigon": the screen will be washed out, the camera will wave around, your handling of cars will be impeded, and driving past a cop will earn you a wanted level. The effect will wear off over time. If you drink too much, you will pass out and wake up in up to 13 random locations around the city but it is limited to the parts of the city you have unlocked already. Debug mode can be enabled by typing "DRUNK". While in this mode, you can teleport yourself to the Malibu by pressing the camera key. Spawn locations can be selected by typing a number (but not with the number pad) and then pressing the enter/exit key. This mod utilizes CLEO Library for Vice City.

Installation

• Download the mod at GTAGarage.
  • Download CLEO for Vice City at http://cleo.li/.
  • From the CLEO download, copy VC.CLEO.asi into the main VC directory folder.
  • If CLEO.asi already exists in the main VC directory folder, you must delete that file.
  • From this mod download, place the CLEO folder containing SEDrunk.cs and SEDrunk.fxt into the main VC directory folder.
This mod has been tested only on VC v.1.00 US.

Video

Edited by spaceeinstein
  • Like 2

I remember this feature from All in One Mod, if I remember properly tounge.gif

spaceeinstein

tounge.gif I'm planning to make an update, which includes not letting you spawn in locked areas, free to drink if you bought the club, and pink cylinder not appearing all the time. Post some more ideas that you want implemented or more locations that you want to end up in.

Edited by spaceeinstein

It's way too fast. Any drink anims in VC to make a short cutscene?

spaceeinstein

Here's a list of animations. There are none that has a drinking motion as far as I know. There are now 10 random locations, including a Haitian attacking Tommy as he wakes up. Think of the possibilities.

Edited by spaceeinstein

Here's a list of animations. There are none that has a drinking motion as far as I know. There are now 10 random locations, including a Haitian attacking Tommy as he wakes up. Think of the possibilities.

My first thought after I saw Tommy spawning at Haiti: (+18) was he rap*d?

Lol, nice.

Can one of the places be on top of the lighthouse? tounge.gif

I'd love to see tommy get hungover, then wake up suddenly on top of the lighthouse xD

space heres a suggestion

when he wakes up at a random location theres a chance he could get a wanted level

Another Fantastic Script, it could be done by no other person that spaceeinstein, Keep it up.

spaceeinstein

The lighthouse is already a destination in the current version. For wanted level-related, Tommy will wake up in front of the VCPD HQ with a two-star wanted level. I don't want you to get killed so I don't want more than that. I also had Tommy spawned on a pool in a boat upside down at his estate. What a crazy night.

Edited by spaceeinstein

Make him wake up in Opean View Hotel with random guy with him in the bed biggrin.gif

Ok, are there any benefits of drinking alcohol in the mod?

My ideas:

-when driving near a police car, the player gets a wanted level

-Tommy occasionally falls (animation), more drunk = higher chance of it

spaceeinstein

Ocean View done. I'll think about getting wanted for drunk driving but I don't want Tommy to fall down. That could get really annoying.

Version 2 is up! I have added a debug code so that you can choose where to end up. Enable debug by typing "DRUNK". To choose a location, type a number (but not with the number pad) and then press the enter/exit key. Right now there are 13 locations. Press the camera key to teleport yourself to the Malibu.

Edited by spaceeinstein

Gta Fishhead

Very nice, like always....

You manage to turn a simple modification to something much better than being just "a simple script", nice job.

And a question, is there going to be some sort of update of All in one mod or not?

Thanks in advance. biggrin.gif

but I don't want Tommy to fall down. That could get really annoying.

It is not easy to walk after a night full of alcohol smile.gif.

Rockstar could make a better drunken system. Now we can walk and sprint with no consequence and when driving a car the reaction is just a bit slower than normal.

What about some changes with drivings? Random car turns when nothing is pressed or something. Could be hard to do in VC, but it was in "4" smile.gif.

spaceeinstein

The drunken effect is directly from Boomshine Saigon. This mod just reenables that effect. I have little control and little knowledge on how that works.

I don't feel like updating large projects like the All in One Mod anymore. I only make small mods these days.

Edited by spaceeinstein

• 2 weeks later...
Sicologikal

I love it STM!!

Maybe for V2 you could add more random locations and drinks at the Mansion bar and Pole Position!

For Tommy getting served at the bar you could use the following sound files:

sfx09243 - "Thank you!"

sfx09259 - "Sweetheart, what's your name?"

sfx09261 - "I'm Tommy, who are you?"

sfx09268 - "Hey Tommy Vercetti, how you doing?"

sfx09271 - "You from Vice City baby?"

sfx09273 - "Hey, good to see you sweetheart!"

sfx09316 - "It's all work, work, work, never any fun!"

For Tommy waking up in the random locations see if you can incorporate:

sfx09090 - "Ah gimme a break!"

sfx09191 - "What the hell?"

sfx09256 - "OK, then!"

sfx09334 - "This town is a pain in the ass!"

sfx09634 - "I just don't know what came over me!"

sfx09644 - "Great!"

sfx09655 - "I thought there were laws about this!"

from the SFX file.

• 7 months later...
spaceeinstein

Wow, I had this video view count anomaly that I had no idea where it came from until I checked Google Analytics. Apparently this Polish site has a lot of traffic, more so than GTAGarage for my Adrenaline mod. Unfortunately it seems like user polisx had uploaded them (and many seemingly without permission but at least some are credited) and they are driving traffic away from GTAGarage confused.gif They had my mods since mid-December.

Anyways, small update, I had forgotten to include the wanted level you get when being spotted by the police. Now the drunk effect should simulate everything from Boomshine Saigon.

I would love to have control on Tommy's dialogue but my attempts resulted in failure. Though I managed to find out how to control all other sound effects. Maybe I can put that to use somewhere.

Edited by spaceeinstein

I am not involved in this site, and I don't like it neither, as they upload everything massively, without proper descriptions and authors tounge.gif

For instance, I've learnt from this site that I've released "3rd version of popular GPS mod, this version adds a voice to GPS", but I've released only one version so far?

Edit:

If you're curious, most of mod autors are listed here as "Unknown", including your CLEOs. That's the reason I don't like this site.

• 1 month later...

...by typring "DRUNK".

Sorry for the stupid question blush.gif , but how to start a script via cheating (like a cheat)? In SA I knew the memory addresses, but for VC, what are they?

Thanks!

I am not involved in this site, and I don't like it neither, as they upload everything massively, without proper descriptions and authors tounge.gif

For instance, I've learnt from this site that I've released "3rd version of popular GPS mod, this version adds a voice to GPS", but I've released only one version so far?

Edit:

If you're curious, most of mod autors are listed here as "Unknown", including your CLEOs. That's the reason I don't like this site.

Me too. They don't ask for any permission ...but at least i'm credited as author there in each of my 3 mods that they got from GTAG ;D

• 1 month later...
ronneil147

I know that the last post of this thread was in April, but I noticed that a v3 of this mod was released recently this February 2012. And when I installed it nothing happened. Although I tried the v2 and it worked, and worked perfectly I might add. I was just wondering what was the updates in v3?

This Mod is amazing btw. cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

• 2 weeks later...
spaceeinstein

The mod requires the original main.scm file to work. If you don't have the original script, the only other way to make it work is to type DRUNK.

• 3 years later...
spaceeinstein

Version 4 is released! The biggest change is that the mod no longer relies on the original main.scm. There are many minor tweaks to minimize conflicts with a modified main.scm. Thanks to inadequate for bringing it up to me.

Must install this. Looks great as an addition for Vice City :D

It's cool, but I don't like the fact the old cleo is being redistributed with the scripts. The old cleo is bugged and it's better just to include cleo.li link to a current version in the readme. Soon I'll release an update with Deji's ClipboardControl plugin and scripts btw.

Edited by ThirteenAG

spaceeinstein

I wanted to make it convenient to install. I've just uploaded one without CLEO. What do you think?

Edited by spaceeinstein

I wanted to make it convenient to install. I've just uploaded one without CLEO. What do you think?

That's great, thanks.