LS400

Benzoboy

So my dad's Alfa was knackered, as Alfas usually are. So he swapped it for a car he's wanted for nigh on 20 years. The almighty Lexus LS400, with the 1UZ-FE

user posted image

It's a 1996 in the weirdest colour ever, it looks navy from a distance but it looks like a dark green from up close. It's madness, I can't believe my dad's managed to bag something which was £45k or something like that brand new for just over £1,000, would also say it's the comfiest car I've ever been in

user posted image

sivispacem

It's shocking how little big luxo-barges go for. I saw an '04 (I think) E65 760Li with every option in the book and 58,000 miles on the clock for £12k recently. Twelve grand for a car that not much more than five years ago was £110k? Insane.

I do like that generation Lexus. Nice to see one being used as a Lexus, too, rather than having the V8 pulled out and dropped into an MR2 or Mk4 Supra.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

I love the LS400. One of my favourite Lexus cars.

I'd get a nice set of chrome rims (as big as Lexus recommends, don't wanna hinder the ride quality) and replace the turn lights with clear ones. The orange ones look really bad.

A gloss or metallic black paint job would be sweet too.

The first time I saw one was in 50 Cent's 'Heat' video.

All in all, great buy!

FIOszpJ.gif

Oh! I nearly forgot to mention this car's best feature, it has a 90s-tastic green interior. Sounds naff but I must admit it does look quite good, it's a subtle shade, I'll get some photos whenever my dad's back.

user posted image

It's madness, I can't believe my dad's managed to bag something which was £45k or something like that brand new for just over £1,000, would also say it's the comfiest car I've ever been in

Luxury cars do nothing but depreciate like mad. At least for 30 years or so. My E28 has the original window sticker of $32,650 in the glovebox. I got it for $200

They're nice cars (really nice), but I've heard they're a bit dull to drive. An SC400 or GS400 would be more to my taste.

uYW1Olw.png

I want an SC300.

So do I, really nice looking car. Shame what happened to it during the second generation of it.

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

I want an SC300.

So do I, really nice looking car. Shame what happened to it during the second generation of it.

Yeah, the original SC was by far the best looking car Lexus ever made, the SC430 on the other hand, was by far the ugliest.

cool.gif

user posted image

cry.gif

user posted image

uYW1Olw.png

Here's one I made earlier [/blue Peter]

user posted image

user posted image

The LS400 is AWESOME. It practically defines "Gangsta" Charm, just like it's younger little cousin in Ghost Dog: The Way Of The Samurai.

-The Famous Scene-

I Adore this film. It drips with an atmosphere so tangible, so succinct; GTA IV absolutely lacked this particular NYC vibe I'm afraid. The grimy, echoey pulse of a story whose mood revolved around- get this- The THEFT OF CARS! The choice of rap in IV was disgusting seeing NYC invented the style and to this day remains it's true home.

The LS400 is AWESOME. It practically defines "Gangsta" Charm.

9H7Sj34.jpg