Delete OXM GTA V annoucement

Long_Haired_Boy

Long_Haired_Boy

I create a original topic last night about GTA V announcement and woke up this morning to check the comments on there and its gone.

Why would you delete an official trustworthy source such as OXM stating a summer GTA V announcement?

(Im starting to think I said way too much in that last one)

But if it were due to error, heres the posting again.

I guess it is them hinting at stuff that is going to happen that they know about and they typically don't have huge stuff put in there, but it is always spot on.

The Crystal Ball section in the latest issue of official Xbox Magazine reports that the Grand Theft Auto V will be announced soon. According to the magazine, GTA V will be announced by Rockstar later this Summer.

The official Xbox Magazine reads as: "Time’s up, says The Ball. Expect Grand Theft Auto V to be announced later this summer."

Gamescom is schedule to kicks off next month, and if the late summer announcement is true, then the Germany-based event is the best place for announcement.

http://n4g.com/news/802464/oxm-grand-theft...ter-this-summer

Snake Without a Tongue

Yeah, seems valid enough to me. There are definitely flimsier threads.

EDIT: Also, hope it's true. GTAV and BioShock Infinite are the only upcoming games I'm truly excited for.

Thats a great find. I'm a regular n4g user and i can't believe i missed that one.

So far thats the most credable news we've had in ages. I guess all eyes are now on Gamescon.

I didn't delete anything, must have been someone's mistake *points at Ryan*

A summer announcement doesn't sound bad.

I highly doubt it will be announced at GamesCom i think Rockstar will do there own thing. GTA is much bigger than gamescom.

JesperRohrsel

God i hope so! But in the case, if they announce it now? and release it at early 2012.. That could give them so much advertisement!, well, I think its time! Gotta check all over Google now in the try of finding something biggrin.gifmonocle.gif

I highly doubt it will be announced at GamesCom i think Rockstar will do there own thing. GTA is much bigger than gamescom.

lol no it's not.

We've waited too long, it has to be GamesCom.

lol no it's not.

put it this way when have rockstar ever announced something at games com they will do it there own way.

lol no it's not.

put it this way when have rockstar ever announced something at games com they will do it there own way.

So what if they haven't? There's a first time for anything.

Wait, so a magazine decides to post up a article saying they think GTA V will be announced this summer?

I could do the same and say it will be announced at the VGA's. Will this get this forum tons of hits now?

Good thing your topic was deleted, it was pushing down threads that have some discussion value.

Wait, so a magazine decides to post up a article saying they think GTA V will be announced this summer?

I could do the same and say it will be announced at the VGA's. Will this get this forum tons of hits now?

Good thing your topic was deleted, it was pushing down threads that have some discussion value.

Come on... It's the official Xbox magazine.

At least it's more credible than the theory that says Vice City FM is related with the next GTA.

AndreaXCII

lol no it's not.

thats dumb logic, this is only GamesCom 3rd year, not saying it will be announced but to go on the past history when it is such a new thing is just stupid

and besides Take-Two has announced there

What the said was a prediction not fact they are probably tired of waiting too and are desperate for an announcement. You have to remember several 'reliable' sources told us to prepare for an E3 announcement and look how that ended.....

NotoriousKiller

I hope it's some sort of surprise this year like how Skyrim was or how Far Cry 3 was at E3. If it's not announced this year though, Rockstar has officially gone insane. I am completely fine with just a logo but being ignored by them sucks.

Hi all,

I haven't posted in a while but I always check the forums, anyways I will be present at GamesCom 2011 in Germany. I'm trying to get a 'all-access' pass.

Even though I will keep an eye out for GTA:V!

Just wanted to let you guys know smile.gif

-Karoi

Rockstar20124

Thats a great find. I'm a regular n4g user and i can't believe i missed that one.

So far thats the most credable news we've had in ages. I guess all eyes are now on Gamescon.

Nice find indeed cool.gif I check n4g mostly for early game reviews. But I haven't checked it out since the last couple of weeks or even months there weren't titles I was that interested in. If Rockstar Games really want to release GTA V on January 15, 2012 like Gamestop Germany mentioned they had better show us a trailer soon biggrin.gif Remember the first official trailer of GTA IV was March 29, 2007. And the orginal lauch date was October 16, 2007. That's about six months. So from now July 2011 to January 2012 next year is also about six months... biggrin.gif

Could it be that the contract with microsoft is what was missing recently? Since XOM talked about it first...

Let's compare, if they want something surprising, it could be just a prediction as IGN said on E3... and since it would not be much of a surprise they could back off from doing it.Don't you think?

CubA_iLL_BrothA

Yea I remember seeing it, I posted in it, then the next day I didn't even see it.

thats dumb logic, this is only GamesCom 3rd year, not saying it will be announced but to go on the past history when it is such a new thing is just stupid

Yeah Gamescom started in 2009, however, it unofficially replaced "Games Convention" aka "Leipzig Games Convention", which as far as I can remember, Rockstar have been attending in a big way since 2006.

The industry just moved over to Gamescom, and the Leipzig, Germany one (also traditionally held in August) died down.

I remember titles like the PSP gta games, Table Tennis, Midnight Club LA and GTA IV being shown behind closed doors to press (and decent enough Rockstar booths on the show floor). Some people on this forum seems to think Gamescom is a little sister of E3, however, Gamescom is actually far more bigger and gains attention from a lot more attendees and press. Also, less cheeseburgers.

I also thought that Gamescom is the little sister of E3, but it is definitely not.

Just a little copy out of Wikipedia:

Attendance of E3:

Attendance 40,000+ (industry registration only) 1995–2006, 2009–present 3,000–5,000 (invite only) 2007–2008

Attendance of Gamescom:

Attendance 254,000 (2010)

Gamescom is about 6 times bigger than E3. So E3 is the little sister of Gamescom.

I also thought that Gamescom is the little sister of E3, but it is definitely not.

Attendance of E3:

Attendance 40,000+ (industry registration only) 1995–2006, 2009–present 3,000–5,000 (invite only) 2007–2008

Attendance of Gamescom:

Gamescom is about 6 times bigger than E3. So E3 is the little sister of Gamescom.

^^ Yeah you wouldn't normally think that I myself thought E3 was bigger, that's another point towards GTA being announced at gamescom. biggrin.gif

Kwandilibro

Attendance of E3:

Attendance of Gamescom:

Seriously? Damn, we learn something new every day.

Attendance of E3:

Attendance of Gamescom:

E3 is invitation only though. Gamescom anybody can come. So those figures don't really prove anything. They differ slightly, but E3 is regarded as the best gaming conference/show/event out there, and is definitely bigger than gamescom.

CubA_iLL_BrothA

Attendance of E3:

Attendance of Gamescom:

E3 is invitation only though. Gamescom anybody can come. So those figures don't really prove anything. They differ slightly, but E3 is regarded as the best gaming conference/show/event out there, and is definitely bigger than gamescom.

E3 is sorry if you ask me.

Something that kind of solidifies that article's truth to me and something not only i but many others have said is that V will probably be announced at GTA III's anniversary this october ( technically not summer but pretty close ) meaning a realese in early 2012, seeing this article just kind of sings to me and says R* has been holding out for the anniversary so they can astound us with brand new features never before seen and show comparisons from then to now.

Eternal Moonshine

I'm just hoping there will be some countryside. It's not that i wouldn't appreciate the city alone, but seriously... they can't remake Los Santos without the countryside. It would be a little awkward. Right?

• 2 weeks later...

One question, does anybody know, when will the magazine release ....... I know it's in August, but which date ???