GfW- Live is always asking for an update...

Gab-OS

After some months I wanted to play GTA IV-Multiplayer again... When I connect to Games for Windows - Live, it says, an update for LIVE is available. I press "yes" and I close the game so the update can be installed. The installer appears and it goes pretty fast, but when I try to play now, Games for Windows - Live says again, that an update is available and it's the same procedure. sad.gif

I tried to find solutions on Google, but I didn't find any.

My OS is Windows Vista 64-bit, my GTA IV has the 7th patch.

Please help me. dontgetit.gif

Edited by Gab-OS

I forgot to say that I've already tried that. But this didn't help... sad.gif I have also already tried it with another Windows Live account!

And I also sometimes get an error while installing, the error says: A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\Documents\MyName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\585207d1\Content\xliveredist.msi.

And now I'm on another Computer with Windows XP 32-bit, and I got exactly the same problem!!! mercie_blink.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Please help me. I have no clue what I can do.

Edited by Gab-OS

I don't know why, but it works now. I did 2 things. First I moved all files from C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV into a new folder C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV . But I don't think that this is needed. Then I just removed the xlive.dll from the folder... and it worked. Curious, but I'm happy it works now. biggrin.gif

Thanks for your help anyway. smile.gificon14.gif