GTA V reveal on SR3 release?

MiamiVice1984

Urban Legend

Damn Saints Row reminds me of the simpsons hit and run. The video was a bit funny. I hope GTA V has some crazy ass side missions like mailbox smashing and other delinquit sp? tasks.

user posted image

Damn Saints Row reminds me of the simpsons hit and run. The video was a bit funny. I hope GTA V has some crazy ass side missions like mailbox smashing and other delinquit sp? tasks.

This would be the wrong way for the game to go. We need to move in the opposite direction from arcade style games like this.

Both are fun games to play, but neither of them should be anything like GTA at all.

krammkracker
Its funny how most of you act as if that old ass video is something new. sh*t's like 3 years old, get real.

And I don't see how announcing GTA V on the release date of SR 3 will do anything. It's not like GTA V will come out that very same day or the next day. Most people would just use SR 3 as a sort of place holder until they acquire GTA V.

I don't believe anyone said the SR2 trailer was new at all... Mearly saying that R* should do something similar to get back at THQ. (not that I care either way, just wanted to clear up the confusion)

Capricornus
Its funny how most of you act as if  that old ass video is something new. sh*t's like 3 years old, get real.

And I don't see how announcing GTA V on the release date of SR 3 will do anything. It's not like GTA V will come out that very same day or the next day. Most people would just use SR 3 as a sort of place holder until they acquire GTA V.

I don't believe anyone said the SR2 trailer was new at all... Mearly saying that R* should do something similar to get back at THQ. (not that I care either way, just wanted to clear up the confusion)

No one's confused....

caprisig.jpg

Kwandilibro

Why does R* need revenge? IV did better than SR2, and V will do better than SR3. R* doesn't need to get revenge for sh*t.

Urban Legend

This would be the wrong way for the game to go. We need to move in the opposite direction from arcade style games like this.

Both are fun games to play, but neither of them should be anything like GTA at all.

Ok, I can see where your coming from. What would a immigrant muscle or drug lord need with spraying civilians with fecies? I gotcha...

But then were.tasked with the question of whats an acceptable off duty task for our kind of hero?

user posted image

Wait until Saints Row 3 is released. Rockstargames will release a trailer of their game with a hard payback.

Trust me.

Oh, do you work for rockstar games

if ya do were is gta v be set

what is agent

will there be a rd 3

sarcasm.gif

why should we trust you

user posted image

1. This sh*t is so old

2. Why would they be mad, its just a joke

3.THQ said they weren't gonna compete with GTA

4. Even IF Rockstar games announce GTA NeXt around SR3 release, it probably wont affect their(Saints Row) sales that much

5. They wouldn't need to do that, because GTA V WILL Outsell SR3 in a heartbeat

So Their is no point to announce Gta 5 around SR3. The most rockstar is probably gonna do is joke about SR3 in the game.

(there is my 2 cents)

This.

/thread

gtaman3610

thq already knows they cant compete with gta because rockstar knows that even if they dont announce for the next year theres hype. man they didnt even put it on e3

Long_Haired_Boy

Saints Row and SR2 sales are not even close to GTA Liberty City Stories.

Lol. Come On.

GrandMaster Smith

I'm not gonna lie, Saints Row 3 looks way badass.. I enjoyed GtaIV for a while but man, it really got old Fast..

Like really what do you do when the main stories beat? They took out firetruck missions, paramedic missions, completely changed vigilante, you had to pay $20 to get a tank and parachute.. I mean f*ck. GTA has always had a special place in me since I was a little wee young'n but I really feel they invented the wheel and now it's time to let it go and let others continue making revolutions.

R* should continue branching off with sh*t like LA noire, RDR, Agent ect., and not continue making a rehashed 'steal a car, go kill this guy, get paid $2,000, go save at your safehouse then meet up with so and so to go kill this other guy, then we'll pay you $2,500 and you can go spend it on nothing"

I'm not gonna lie, Saints Row 3 looks way badass.. I enjoyed GtaIV for a while but man, it really got old Fast..

Like really what do you do when the main stories beat? They took out firetruck missions, paramedic missions, completely changed vigilante, you had to pay $20 to get a tank and parachute.. I mean f*ck. GTA has always had a special place in me since I was a little wee young'n but I really feel they invented the wheel and now it's time to let it go and let others continue making revolutions.

R* should continue branching off with sh*t like LA noire, RDR, Agent ect., and not continue making a rehashed 'steal a car, go kill this guy, get paid $2,000, go save at your safehouse then meet up with so and so to go kill this other guy, then we'll pay you $2,500 and you can go spend it on nothing"

Wow!! you really don't not what you're talking about do ya!? you sound more like a THQ/Volition/SR Fanboy saying stupid sh*t like that!! What R* needs to do is keep making awesome games including GTA, that's all we ask for in return for our support.

GrandMaster Smith

haha I know exactly what I'm talking about. I used to like live in gta, played that game almost every night for a year or two straight after it came out.

It literally devolved itself from it's own predecessors.. I understand the more 'mature route' they were aiming for, but it just doesn't work very well in video games. Video games are not made to go watch television in.. video games are made to be able to do things you would never be able todo in real life.. that's what art is which is an exaggeration of reality.

I'm not a fanboy, I haven't even played Saints Row since the first one, but watching the E3 videos of SR3 it really reminds me about what makes games fun and exciting which is to go all out.

I feel GTA IV was a real low blow. A very bland storyline, very bland characters, extremely repetitive and boring missions for the most part, no fun side missions, no fun mini games.. and then they add DLC with all this stuff such as loaded choppers, parachutes ect yet you have to pay $20 ontop of an unfinished game to access it..

I mean c'mon, GTA IV was a piece of art in it's own sense, but far from an extremely entertaining game to keep you busy long after the main story's done..

TenEightyOne

I think it's a silly theory.

Let's say that R* really are positioning themselves against SR3 in the games market (which I don't really believe they are). There are several reasons why that would be a Fail.

a) Reverse Publicity

R* making announcements at the time of the SR3 release is simply going to publicise SR3 to a greater extent because the timing of a GTAV announcement would be a leader story in itself

b) Driving SR3 Sales

R* don't have a product on the shelves that they can use to 'steal' SR3 customers. People whose interest in sandbox crime-shooters is rekindled by a GTAV announcement wouldn't have to look far to get a temporary GTAV substitue.

c) Market Perception

My personal view is that (while good fun) the SR series is inferior to the GTA series. While that's my opinion it also has to be R*'s opinion; it would be professional suicide to admit otherwise. If R* go into direct and visible competition with SR3 then they're tacitly placing themselves into the market as a direct and comparable rival. That would go against their normal aloof approach to SR3.