GTA V reveal on SR3 release?

MiamiVice1984

MiamiVice1984

Rockstar North must hate the Saints row developers and they might even announce GTA V close to when SR3 is released just to make revenge? Im sure Rockstar have seen this vid and they just waiting to revenge and i can even see Rockstar to see SR3 as a threat since they updated the graphics and it looks gr8.

Official SR2 vid making fun of GTA IV

Watch from the beginning!

What do you guys think?

Edited by MiamiVice1984

No, Rockstar knows way better than that.

And that video is terrible.

Edited by blitz.

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

I know this might be fake but can people when posting videos actually tell others what it is called and also have a link to it thanks.

1. This sh*t is so old

2. Why would they be mad, its just a joke

3.THQ said they weren't gonna compete with GTA

4. Even IF Rockstar games announce GTA NeXt around SR3 release, it probably wont affect their(Saints Row) sales that much

5. They wouldn't need to do that, because GTA V WILL Outsell SR3 in a heartbeat

So Their is no point to announce Gta 5 around SR3. The most rockstar is probably gonna do is joke about SR3 in the game.

(there is my 2 cents)

user posted image

Not sure when sr3 gets released but I think it's late in the year, and gta III 10th anniversary is probes similar time and the anniversary is the date I think something will be announced..so maybe just a coincidence

If they were to do so, this would be seen as the ulitmate form of revenge in a way: to show SR that they are by far the biggest series.

SR had a lot to say for themselves when their game was released and it appeared as if they were actually trying to take GTA on: for a head to head battle. This will teach them that they are not in the same league as the Grand Theft Auto Series if it does happen.

Finn 7 five 11

It would be funny to see, but i somehow doubt the legibility of that video, i don't think THQ made it.

GTA and Saints Row are different games anyway.

It makes me laugh, the amount of mentions of OTHER games on this forum and the amount of comparisons to these games...

Grand Theft Auto IS Grand Theft Auto... do you think they made it a great game by worrying about other games? Do you think they'd base their biggest release date TO date solely on what a cheap imitation is doing?

GTA is top boss in the games industry and it's all earned by creating the crem de la crem of games, not by fanboyism...

I highly doubt that Rockstar Games will make a surprise announcement for the next Grand Theft Auto game when Saints Row 3 is released, and even if they did; the new Grand Theft Auto would still be the one that will still get the most public attention, in my opinion.

Also on that video; I agree that it is absolutely terrible! They only touched on the two probably most boring (Bowling is actually not that bad) features in Grand Theft Auto IV, but I guess that the cheap shots are needed there to promote spraying people with sewage as being "fun" (you got to have publicity, right?)--also, it is so realistic how the character gets run down by the train in the video, SO realistic.

RE9mJnf.png

Original Light

They are most likely to announce it on the GTA 3 celebration... They might say " Now we would like to introduce the next chapter in the sereies, and they might have a big screen in the back with a V on it turning Blue. Just my thoughts. cool.gif

GTA is on a diffrent level than Saint's Row, They know this, and i bet there hoping and praying that R* dont announce there Game close to there Game's Release, If saint's row Went head to head With rockstar then they would loose

In its first month of release, the game sold an estimated 400,000 units. It has sold in excess of 3.4 million units as of September 2010.

^^ Saint's Row did that

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Row_2

it broke industry records with sales of around 3.7 million units on its first day of release and grossing more than $500 million in revenue in the first week, selling an estimated 6 million units worldwide, As of March 2011, the game had sold over 20 million copies.

^^ GTA IV Did that

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gta_IV

The People who Create and Promote at THQ know better than to put Saints row against GTA they are not stupid, they would get annhilated by R* if they even attempted to compete

Edited by tempz1992

sr looks so cheap and cheesy... even sr3, its just "just cause 2" in some city. How can anybody compare it to the gta series?

Need revenge for what?

There might be some fun rivalry, similar to Squid Row in GTA IV: http://gta.wikia.com/Squid_Row

When Saints Row 2 was released, San Andreas was made available for download on Xbox Live... so there might be something that week. However, I'm pretty sure we'd have heard about a new GTA by the time Saints Row 3 comes out.

Harwood Butch3r

What would R* benefit from "revenge"? I'm actually quite surprised R* didn't poke fun at Saints Row in GTA IV. Well in the same way they done to True Crime and Driver.

I WAS WRONG
What would R* benefit from "revenge"? I'm actually quite surprised R* didn't poke fun at Saints Row in GTA IV. Well in the same way they done to True Crime and Driver.

http://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Squid_Row

More or less.

R* is known for taking the piss out of other games, but they do it in more subtle and funnier ways than just saying "durp look at how bad they is, we rulez". Honestly they won't care about that video, if it's even legit for that matter. They won't think of it as "revenge" because really SR hasn't done anything to them, I'm sure R* can take a joke.

Revealing on SR3 release would be pretty petty and would kind of make R* look bitter. They won't let any other games affect them because they know they're the best, and so does every other games developer out there.

http://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Squid_Row

More or less.

Not really. If they'd been making a joke at Saints Row's expense, it would have some kind of dig but that is simply a pun on the phrase "Skid Row" and nothing more. It's hardly like "OH SNAP, take THAT, SR!", is it? " We called you SQUID... or... a chain of seafood restaurants... or... something..."

If they'd wanted to have a pop at SR, they'd have put a bad computer game in an ad and called it Skid Row, or Taints Row, or something equally childish. When they mocked Driver, it was made obvious.

Squid Row.

R* didn't do it to Sanits Row because they have realise they are so far ahead of that game it's silly and taunting them would be a complete wate of their precious time.

Rockstar20124

I remember that commercial from TV. I thought it was sort of funny but too childish, because I actually loved the TV with smart social satire in GTA IV. And I also really loved the goofy Cabaret/Theatre with Ms Bluesy St. John and epic fail magician acts etc. and the Stand Up Comedy with Katt Williams and Ricky Gervais biggrin.gif And I think the bowling, darts, drinking and stuff are still nice distractions now and then from the driving and shooting. When SR3 will be gold, which means it's going to be printed on the retail DVD/Blu Ray version of the game, then Rockstar North could make fun of it tounge.gif Because THQ can't change a damn thing on it anymore. But yeah, it could look petty and bitter if done the wrong way. Still, I am seriously considering buying SR3 as the only sandbox game on foot and behind the car this year 2011. But I am dissapointed there is no online versus in that game sad.gif So, Rockstar could definitely take a stab at it with fun online 16 or more players versus and free roam in GTA V. And obviously multiple cities since SR3 is only in one city called Steelport based on Chicago. That is if we would see GTA V in that form whatever way. SA again, SA and VC, United Stated of Europe or SA, VC and some cities in USE biggrin.gif

Here's the OP trailer from the start.

Mister Pink

I remember this advert to. Don't know why people think it's fake. Weird, the internetz people are hot to jump on things as 'being fake.' Anyway, the advert is great. I don't play Saints Row but I'm not offended by it. It's ads like that, that have balls. That's what Rockstar need to do.

Rockstar used to rip True Crime and Driv3r poked fun at GTA when they had Tommy Vermicelli, hidden gangster guy you killed at various parts around the map that wore Hawaiian shirts.

I don't want an all and all out war in a trailer but some easter eggs, maybe killing a character that obviously resembles a Saints Row character. But how can Rockstar really take this piss? They created the Saints Row.

Reminds me of a Beastie Boys song... "Created a monster with these rhymes I wrote, Goatee Metal-Rap please say goodnight"

That sh*t's funny. People getting their panties in a twist.

Edited by ThePinkFloydSound

Long_Haired_Boy

Me personalty thought that Saints Row 2 Activities videos was funny and true.

GTA 4 felt like a damn chore sometimes and Rockstar knew it, but it brought longevity to die hard fans. Driving to meet a virtual friend to go bowl? Nah, Lol.

But THQ even stated that GTA was their inspiration. But you "Yes Men" that assume GTA 4 activities were better than Saints Row 2 are brain-washed. Im a big GTA fan but I for one was slightly disappointed.

Edited by Long_Haired_Boy

WhistleBlower
1. This sh*t is so old

2. Why would they be mad, its just a joke

3.THQ said they weren't gonna compete with GTA

4. Even IF Rockstar games announce GTA NeXt around SR3 release, it probably wont affect their(Saints Row) sales that much

5. They wouldn't need to do that, because GTA V WILL Outsell SR3 in a heartbeat

So Their is no point to announce Gta 5 around SR3. The most rockstar is probably gonna do is joke about SR3 in the game.

(there is my 2 cents)

Thank you. I'm honestly getting tired of seeing all of the GTA fanboys coming out of the woodwork to remind us of how great the series is by sticking their heads up Rockstar's asses. And this "revenge" bit is f*cking hilarious, as if Rockstar never poked fun at other videogames before.

Gangsta-NL

Wait until Saints Row 3 is released. Rockstargames will release a trailer of their game with a hard payback.

Trust me.

Capricornus

Its funny how most of you act as if that old ass video is something new. sh*t's like 3 years old, get real.

And I don't see how announcing GTA V on the release date of SR 3 will do anything. It's not like GTA V will come out that very same day or the next day. Most people would just use SR 3 as a sort of place holder until they acquire GTA V.

caprisig.jpg