Missions that you just dread?

Harwood Butch3r

Harwood Butch3r

I'm sure we all have them. What mission (s) do you dread the most going through a new save for what ever reason being too hard, or just flat out annoying?

For me it's "Life's a Beach" and "Wrong Side Of The Tracks".

Life's a Beach: I can complete this mission pretty easily, but I hate doing it. Everytime I get up to this point in OG Loc's mission strand I think "Damn I've still got to do this sh*tty mission".

Wrong Side Of The Tracks: Big Smoke is a terrible shot. That is all. Very annoying.

Boomshine Blowout from VCS, took me a long time to make it without exploding and dying.

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

For me it has to be Wrong Side of The Tracks, big smokes shot is terrible and it seems that you can only kill the gang members after a certain time has passed. That and trying to shoot and ride is damn impossible.

The mission where you save Lance, can't tell you how many times I died without reaching him and even when I did he would always seem to die after being shot once. My hands were literally sweating when I eventually made it to the hospital.

The two missions in the Grand Theft Auto series that I dread are:

Death Row - I had to attempt this mission several times before I could get to Lance where he is being held, and out; alive. I would often die simply trying to get to Lance, and if I did get to Lance, I would die attempting to get out of the compound.

Supply Lines - was also an annoyance, too. Everything in that mission must be done to perfection. One incorrect turn and you basically failed the mission.

As for Wrong Side of The Tracks - I've never really had an issue with that mission and I have been able to have all the gang members killed by the time the train reaches the bridge, you just need to stay as level with the gang members, and as far right (but still on) of the railway track as possible. But I guess different people had different experiences with the different missions.

RE9mJnf.png

Grand Theft Aero- I have yet to play through the game without dying at least once on this mission. Damn Colombians.

The Driver- This one is just unfair.

Supply Lines- Even with the new version it's still annoying as f*ck. And the people having damn near perfect aim doesn't help.

user posted image

I WAS WRONG

Strangely enough, racing missions. Especially when they're horribly tacked on and really don't fit the character.

I have a hard time buying Toni Ciprani partaking in bike races.

Wrong side of the tracks is pretty simple if you ignore the train and ride straght ahead, then go onto one of the embankments just after the tunnel and get off your bike. Then when they come by you can just pick them off with your own gun, and there's no need for big smoke and his terrible shot.

"The shooter" (I think that's what it's called, the one where you have to impress Phil Cassidy at the shooting range) I found really hard for some reason. Having to drive back to the malibu club every time I failed, and then drive aaall the way back to the damn shooting range took the biscuit.

"The driver" was very hard as well, I used to cheat by spawning a hotring racer. But I did eventually do it in the car it puts you in (sentinel?) and that felt pretty good when I beat the fat git fair and square. Even more annoying was that he gets killed, so all that effort for nothing.

Probably the first couple missions in GTA IV where you have to just drive around and listen to a bunch of bullsh*t conversations. They annoy me the most because I frequently start new games and have to deal with those missions all the time, I've like memorized them.

universetwisters

im supprised nobody mentioned bomb da base

sTgL5iS.png

Kwandilibro

Wrong Side of the Tracks. I'm pretty sure I failed that mission a good thirty times before getting it right. Also, that one mission in LV where you had to fly that crappy little plane and try to catch up with the jet to kill those mob members. f*cking impossible.

Flying School from San Andreas. The dread of having to go through that again has stopped me from playing through San Andreas on the Xbox. N.O.E was a real pain in the arse too for the exact same reasons.

Spaghetti Cat

Oh, Supply Lines for sure hands down. I still have no idea how that got into SA. I mean not only did you have to be perfect with destroying the vans, you also had to be lucky. Because if they spawned to far away from each other you would run out of gas. If there was one less van, then it would have been an average mission, but the way it is it's the WORST MISSION EVEH!

A close second is any mission that I've capsized a boat in...which would be all of them.

No Image Available

Harwood Butch3r
The mission where you save Lance, can't tell you how many times I died without reaching him and even when I did he would always seem to die after being shot once. My hands were literally sweating when I eventually made it to the hospital.

Death Row? Yeah that mission was a pain the in the as. The only way I could beat it was spawning a rhino.

Oh f*ck yeah.

I hate how you can easily die in Vice City, that mission just made it worse for Lance. I've given up trying to do that mission without any cheats.

Just spawn a tank and I'm untouchable.

EDIT: sh*t, me and Miamivicecity had the same idea. High fives!

matajuegos

GTA III - Espresso to go

GTA VC - Haven't played it

GTA SA - Zero's RC missions

GTA LCS - No one really

GTA VCS - Turn in turn on bug out

GTA IV - Russian revolution

GTA TLAD - No one

GTA TBOGT - ALL OF THEM (when you have to reach 100%) Corner kids

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil...

I LOST A FRIEND, MAY GOD REST YOUR SOUL, ZEE

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

user posted image

user posted image

GTA:SA (Missions)

Supplie Lines

Just Buisness

Learning To Drive

Learning To Fly

Robbing Uncle Sam

GTA3 - Van Heist / Arms Short Supply(?)

Vice City - Copland / The Driver

San Andreas - Supply Lines (PS2 v1.0) / Racing (using a crappy Sunshine car) / Eight Track

TBOGT Drugs War - by boat

CarnageVercetti

GTA 3- Espresso 2 Go - Impossible mission (in past), but i done it now.

GTA VC- Demolition Man - I did not know how to control a RC Goblin (2003. - 2008.) I had finished it in 2008.

GTA SA- Cesar Vialpando - Same thing like about "Demolition Man", controls.

SirKnight2012

gta 3 - espresso 2 go

gta vc - Publicity Tour

gta sa - any mission where you have to drive/fly great distances

gta lcs - bringing the house down

gta vcs - boomshine blowout

gta iv - Hostile Negotiation or undertaker

gta tlad - Heavy Toll

gta bogt - In the Crosshairs

Flesh-n-Bone

GTA III - Grand Theft Auto (pointless car collecting mission)

Vice City - The Driver (I finally beat it again yesterday but he's so annoying to deal with special with the unfair advantage. A Sabre turbo vs a Sentinel?)

San Andreas - Supply Lines (f*ck you Zero, this is total bullsh*t.)

LCS - None, they are all easy or fun.

VCS - None either, I am a master in this game and have even completed the whole game without ever using body armor.

IV - Don't remember much since the time I completed it but the whole game's 'realistic' physics bugged me to no end.

For this I'll use a scale from 1 to 10. 1 meaning easy and 10 meaning hard.

GTA III - A Drop In The Ocean 8.8

GTA VC - Publicity Tour 9.0

GTA LCS - Caught In The Act 9.2

GTA VCS - Last Stand 9.0

GTA SA - Robbing Uncle Sam 9.7

GTA IV - Three Leaf Clover 8.9

TLAD - Marta Full Of Grace 8.5

TBOGT - For The Man Who Has Everything 8.4

GTA III: A Drop In The Ocean & Espresso 2 Go

GTA VC: G-Spotlight & Juju Scramble

GTA SA: Flying School & Supply Lines

GTA LCS: Can't Think of Any

GTA VCS: Turn on, Tune In, Bug Out

GTA IV: I didn't really feel any Missions made me Rage in a way.

GTA TLAD: Same Here.

GTA TBOGT: And Here..

I think the IV era missions weren't as hard as the III era ones.

• 1 month later...
Los Santos Pedestrian

Okay, I'm sorry if I'm bumping this thread at all, but I just found it and I want to share my thoughts too.

My least favorite missions in the GTA series:

GTA 3: Espresso-2-Go, you have to have an extremely fast car and it catches fire really easily, no matter if it's a Cheetah, Infernus, Banshee or Stinger. Then my second is Kingdom Come, because if you get hit by one of the drugged guys then you basically are dead.

GTA Vice City: Cannon Fodder - It's a fun mission but by the time you get to the van all your tires get popped out, plus the police are on you and you get smashed into a wall and arrested.

GTA San Andreas: Supply Lines - Like many people said, this mission really isn't necessary and shouldn't have passed. Tanked Up, a beta mission, should have been in its place. Also I really hate the Catalina missions just because they're annoying to me.

GTA LCS and GTA VCS - Haven't played them.

GTA IV: Definitely has to be Out of Commission - You get no checkpoints, unlike End of the Line, and getting into the helicopter especially is stupid, because almost every time I try it I get slowed down by people in the way and then I have to start the mission from the start.

I'm sure we all have them. What mission (s) do you dread the most going through a new save for what ever reason being too hard, or just flat out annoying?

Life's a Beach: I can complete this mission pretty easily, but I hate doing it. Everytime I get up to this point in OG Loc's mission strand I think "Damn I've still got to do this sh*tty mission".

Wrong Side Of The Tracks: Big Smoke is a terrible shot. That is all. Very annoying.

Is Wrong Side Of The Tracks the one where you have to chase the train? That was really hard and took me a good few shots to get that.

In III, Bomb Da Base II was a mission I found impossible the first few times, so much so that I tried running ahead of 8-Ball and clearing the tanker. Didn't work out so good. The joy I got when I finally sniped everyone on the boat was immense.

In VC, I can't remember a story mission that I found particularly difficult, but PCJ Playground got on my nerves because of how little it took to be shot off the bike as if you were a cannonball.

In SA, N.O.E. was the most difficult mission because if you touched anything, even the tip of a treetop, BOOOOM!! Flying School wasn't so difficult for me (it was the only one I got 100% in) but Driving School was terrible. I still get flashbacks to the hours I spent on that lesson where you have to do 5 laps in a certain time.

There were some difficult missions in IV, but they were difficult in a fun way. Except Ruff Rider, where if you don't go down the right road straight away, the mission is failed.

In TBoGT, I hated the sniping part of Caught with your Pants Down.

Los Santos Pedestrian

Is Wrong Side Of The Tracks the one where you have to chase the train? That was really hard and took me a good few shots to get that.

Yes, that's the one.

I know a strategy to the mission though - If you stay moderately far away fro the train and not too close, and then get closer to the front as Smoke kills the Vagos, then it's not as challenging.