Please. We NEED to talk about Vice City

grope_4_that_date

grope_4_that_date

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I appologize for being so blately repetive, but I personally feel Rockstar is being SO DARN obvious! Don't you see it? Common!

1. PROOF TOWARDS VICE CITY: Rockstar is listening to us!

Why randomly do we see "Vice City FM"? Maybe there is a slight chance that Rockstar knows Vice City still has fans. Maybe Rockstar knows there is MORE to Vice City, just like they knew there was more to Liberty City. We all wanted Vice City... and they gave us a taste.

YOU'RE THE VOICE - JOHN FARNHAM

WE HAVE THE CHANCE TO TURN THE PAGES OVER

YOU'RE THE VOICE TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT

MAKE A NOISE AND MAKE IT CLEAR

OH-o-o-O, WHOA-o-o-O

2. "TO BE CONTINUED...": The Story Ends Where the Next Story Begins

In GTA3 it was "See you in Miami." In GTA4 it was "Jerry goes to Vice City." Both stories end, but in a way, they still continue onward. Coincidently, they both points to Vice City. This is just a coincidence.

When driving Tony home at the end of Practice Swing, Luis will state to Gay Tony; "Listen, Tone. Maybe you should take a holiday. Get down to Vice City. The Caribbean maybe." Also "ending" their story, but yet, leading it onward to a new story... VICE CITY!

3. VICE CITY IS MENTIONED THE MOST

Vice city is mentioned the most. Yes, other cities like Los Santos and San Fierro are mentioned, but the 'rational' thing to do would go with Vice City. ONLY because you have better odds. You might want London more, but you would bet on the more RATIONAL choice. (Listen, we both want Lucky to win the race, but Lucky is a 70 year old horse. It ain't gonna' happen.)

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

While I do agree with you,

You're missing many more important hints.

But either way,

Nobody wants to hear it I'm afraid confused.gif

grope_4_that_date

I mostly wanted to focus on Vice City FM. People need a place to talk about it. It's like eating dinner with an elephant in the room and not talking about it.

krammkracker

At ths point I don't care where it takes place, I just want a d@mn announcment already!

Wherever the guys at R* choose I'm sure it will be great and better than GTA IV

krammkracker
I mostly wanted to focus on Vice City FM. People need a place to talk about it. It's like eating dinner with an elephant in the room and not talking about it.

I think "Vice City FM" was mearly to evoke the feeling of what kind of music is on that particular station. (i.e. 1980's pop music)

Although, who really knows... could be the most blatant hint in history... Hidden in plain sight

blackdahlia21

i was just thinking the exact same thing. the most obvious blatant clue is .. vice city fm. i mean rockstar is probably laughing at all the other forum posters who r speculating on where gta v will take place. i mean c'mon people what more of a clue do they need to give us. of course there is the possibility that im wrong, and u can rub it in my face if gtav is los santos or somewhere

Interesting. I hope that it is Vice City, as I think it would be a city that I enjoy playing the game in.

At this stage however, I would rather just hear any announcement of some sort, even if it means that the game will not take place in Vice City and in somewhere like San Andreas or London instead.

Ahh, I see.

Sorry if that came off rude!

I do fully agree with you,

I swear nobody even stops to think about it..

This shall be a good topic icon14.gif

grope_4_that_date

Well, addressing the MODS and ADMINS, I hope this topic doesn't get locked. There hasn't been a Vice City topic in weeks / months. Reviving one would be like reviving a dead man. He's dead... there's nothing you can do about it.

I think I would just stare at the elephant in shock to be honest.

MiamiVice1984

I think Vice city FM is there for a reason. And Fernando Martinez if anyone remember him from a radio station in Vice city he was also on Vice city FM in TBOGT and he always talks about going back to sunny Vice city.

Edited by MiamiVice1984

BondTrader

Nah, I seriously hope they make it in a new city. Be creative rather than going back to VC. Perhaps change the time-frame as well... early 1900's? R* shouldn't go back and do what they did a few years ago, make a new city, like something based on Boston or Chicago. Maybe go to the UK, who knows? But I want to see R* innovate.

I don't know grope, I would love to agree but I can't, nor can anyone else, with any shred of certainty. I mean, yeah it could be a huge hint right in front of us or it simply could be a nod to R*'s history. In my opinion there have been two and only two large items that could be hints. The first one is Vice City FM. The second (and in my opinion is a bigger hint) is the plane ticket stating the destination is San Andreas.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/197/ticketgv4.jpg

That image is taken from these forums posted by Basa. To me, that is an exact statement that the next destination in fact is San Andreas. I truly hope it is Vice City. Vice was the most enjoyable GTA game for me. But like all the other posts, yours is simply conjecture. While it's great to have open discussion, sometimes it's not the best idea to be so adamant about something when there actually is no evidence.

Edit: On a side note, Vice City during two separate eras would be amazing. An early 20's or late teens is the main protagonist. He gets caught up in the cocaine cowboy scene with go fast boats, cigars and women. He works his way up doing side missions and finally meets with a top drug dealer. The dealer gives the protagonist a major mission. It spans a long duration and ultimately he has a shootout with cops. The young protagonist ultimately gets wounded during a shootout. A few cut scenes and a courtroom scene where the protagonist is represented by the one and only Rosenberg. Rosenberg gets a sweet deal for the protagonist in which he is sentenced to 50 years with the possibility of parole after 23 years. A cut scene is shown of an aging protagonist. There are a few in prison missions where you meet certain people and you help collect items for them some of which include a shank, items to break out of prison, and stealing a prison guards outfit. There is an underground fight scene where you learn to fight and rank up and earn credit. It is nearing the mid 2000's. You are close to coming up for a parole hearing. You meet a couple important guys that know of the work you did back in the 80's. They give you some contact names. You are paroled. Then the story picks up around 2010. Rosenberg is now an aged senior but still on top of his game. He is your go to guy for advice similarly to the way he was in the original VC.

Now, 23 years later you now longer have the 80's style of bright colors and boxy cars. The maps would be obviously set up the same, but with updates. Now, you have new cars and old memories. The 2000's are a different beast. You now learn that it's different from the glam on the 80's era. The second half of the game after the protagonist is paroled has a darker mood.

After the game is complete, you have the option of travelling between the two different era's.

Ok, now if that isn't the most interesting thought out idea, I don't know what is. Sure, I skipped over many details, but this was off the top of my head. Now R*, pay me $1,000,000,000,000,000.00 dollars and the idea is yours.

Edited by ajrunke

Machiavelli's Prophecy

Vice City would be dope, although I'd prefer Los Santos. I want another GTA with a gangster/hiphop theme cryani.gif

I don't know grope, I would love to agree but I can't, nor can anyone else, with any shred of certainty. I mean, yeah it could be a huge hint right in front of us or it simply could be a nod to R*'s history. In my opinion there have been two and only two large items that could be hints. The first one is Vice City FM. The second (and in my opinion is a bigger hint) is the plane ticket stating the destination is San Andreas.

That image is taken from these forums posted by Basa. To me, that is an exact statement that the next destination in fact is San Andreas. I truly hope it is Vice City. Vice was the most enjoyable GTA game for me. But like all the other posts, yours is simply conjecture. While it's great to have open discussion, sometimes it's not the best idea to be so adamant about something when there actually is no evidence.

I'll have to disagree there.

I think the biggest hints we have thus far would be:

- Deepthroat

- The ad in EFLC

- Vice City FM in TBOGT

Which all strongly point to Vice City.

I'll have to disagree there.

I think the biggest hints we have thus far would be:

- Deepthroat

- The ad in EFLC

- Vice City FM in TBOGT

Which all strongly point to Vice City.

First off, Deepthroat? That guy was around revealing GTAIV. He hasn't been here talking about GTAV at all. Secondly, the add in the manual has ziltch to do with Vice City. What makes you think it has ANYTHING to do with VC at all? The add was originally said to be from VC but was later proven to actually be from SA. Furthermore, it points to nothing. And thirdly, in my opinion, the plane ticket stating the destination is San Andreas is just as big, if not bigger, hint than VC FM.

Now maybe I missed something regarding Deepthroat since I wasn't active reading the forums for a while. But if it was anything huge, I'm sure I would have noticed.

Rockstar20124

I'm really starting to believe the multiple long distance cities theory including the cities from SA and VC. It's been more then four years since the first announcement of GTA IV which was on March 29, 2007. I really understand the four year gap between SA and GTA IV because of the 360 and PS3 which were next gen consoles at the time. But four years of development on the same current gen? They must be working on something special and HUGE cool.gif I don't know Miami in real life but the original Vice City had a pretty small map. So, I really don't believe GTA V / Next could be VC only anyway. I have looked at Google Maps now. And I strangely see a place called...Hollywood??? There is a Hollywood in Miami??? There were early credible rumors that GTA V / Next would be in Hollywood. So this gives a whole new perspective? biggrin.gif

I'm also still rooting for Paris and maybe Cannes*(which is also called Hollywood on the Riviera) in France and other cities like London, Amsterdam, Rome in Europe. And what if we would see Packie going to Europe. Flying from LC to make a pit stop in VC and then going to Dublin, London, Amsterdam, Paris, Cannes, Rome trip? And ultimately finding his family in SA lol.gif Ok, that's probably overambtious. But if we would see multiple long distance cities Rockstar North could combine GTA cities in America and Europe as well cool.gif

Anyway, what krammkracker said. "At this point I don't care where it takes place, I just want a d@mn announcment already!" biggrin.gif

Btw, I'm a huge fan of Vice City FM because of the corny yet great 80's music cool.gif

*At 1.24 you definitely see the hint for Cannes. The Monopoly board game is also mentioned with that mostache guy at 1.28. Could we buy safehouses and businesses again? tounge.gif

AndreaXCII

The add was originally said to be from VC but was later proven to actually be from SA.

what are you talking about? the ad, if you referring to the volcano one in EFLC booklet was never proven to be anything, we still have no idea and are still sitting here speculating as to what it could be

if there is another ad youre referring to, then my bad and i apologize but otherwise youre mistaken

I have to agree on this topic, There was so many hints pointing towards the next location to be Vice City. I wouldnt mind going there again,But it has to be the LAST time going to that city. I loved GTA SA more, But Vice City just Standed out perfectly. I dont care where its set, As long as they bring back what they had in San Andreas. Muscle,Fat,Stamina,Being able to swim underwater. Increase your lung Capacity even able to choose what meal you want at those fast food places. Better than having the same crap everytime in the game. There is also a video saying high expectations for the next GTA in 2011. Maybe, It looks very real. I havent been listening to Vice City Fm for a while so ill stay tuned in it. If its Vice City I want small islands surrounding the city, Yatchs,boats,Amazing Beaches all that stuff, It was great in just the normal Vice City. GTA VCS did an "Okay" job. I wouldnt mind going back there,I can just Imagine them re doing the Malibu Club and how amazing it would be.

wait, there's a Vice City FM? I still haven't played EFLC..

Wherever the clues point, Rockstar always surprise us. Even if Vice City isn't the next GTA game, it will happen again in the series. How could they not allow us a stroll down Ocean Drive in today's graphics quality? I'm 100% sure it will come again, but I'm not sure at all whats next.

Kwandilibro

I personally do think VC is next. There were way too many references in IV and EFLC to VC. I forget who it was, but some meber posted an idea with VC and an offshore island representing Columbia. Now that would be f*cking awesome.

Long_Haired_Boy

I think Vice City as-well, the next game has to be warm and tropical. Maybe we'll have Vice City and Los Santos with a little bit of country side just to finish off GTA 4 universe.

Also someone posted this on a Flickr account

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ehavir/440150959/

user posted image

GTA 4 sign

I saw some things on forums about the "visit vice city" billboard. When looking at it, I noticed how similar the 300 was in both signs. It looks like they are actually the same sign, except that the one in the upper left has had the "Visit Vice City" removed. This could have been done in post.

Never notice this before but it shows a slightly hidden Vice City billboard in the background.

I think Vice City was planned from the beginning. I mean with all the hint in the game towards Vice, it will be clearly disappointing to majority of forum members if it wasn't included because the rumor western setting again is getting over-used.

This may be old news but its new to some.

Nah, I seriously hope they make it in a new city. Be creative rather than going back to VC. Perhaps change the time-frame as well... early 1900's? R* shouldn't go back and do what they did a few years ago, make a new city, like something based on Boston or Chicago. Maybe go to the UK, who knows? But I want to see R* innovate.

I also want to see a New City and New Time Period. Like a Boston or Chicago Based City set in the 1960'/1970's. I don't care where the Next GTA takes place I just want a New GTA Game.

Man how many times do we have to listen to you go on and on lol.gif

Your topics are always interesting and Vice City may be NeXt but I wouldn't be too sure.

Finn 7 five 11
I'm really starting to believe the multiple long distance cities theory including the cities from SA and VC. It's been more then four years since the first announcement of GTA IV which was on March 29, 2007. I really understand the four year gap between SA and GTA IV because of the 360 and PS3 which were next gen consoles at the time. But four years of development on the same current gen? They must be working on something special and HUGE cool.gif I don't know Miami in real life but the original Vice City had a pretty small map. So, I really don't believe GTA V / Next could be VC only anyway. I have looked at Google Maps now. And I strangely see a place called...Hollywood??? There is a Hollywood in Miami??? There were early credible rumors that GTA V / Next would be in Hollywood. So this gives a whole new perspective? biggrin.gif

I'm also still rooting for Paris and maybe Cannes*(which is also called Hollywood on the Riviera) in France and other cities like London, Amsterdam, Rome in Europe. And what if we would see Packie going to Europe. Flying from LC to make a pit stop in VC and then going to Dublin, London, Amsterdam, Paris, Cannes, Rome trip? And ultimately finding his family in SA lol.gif Ok, that's probably overambtious. But if we would see multiple long distance cities Rockstar North could combine GTA cities in America and Europe as well cool.gif

Anyway, what krammkracker said. "At this point I don't care where it takes place, I just want a d@mn announcment already!" biggrin.gif

Btw, I'm a huge fan of Vice City FM because of the corny yet great 80's music cool.gif

*At 1.24 you definitely see the hint for Cannes. The Monopoly board game is also mentioned with that mostache guy at 1.28. Could we buy safehouses and businesses again? tounge.gif

Multiple cities? Not going to happen, no way in hell There are so many reasons as to why not.

Rockstar North do not just develop GTA, there are other games they develop, Manhunt 3 being one alongside Red dead Redemption with was co-produced by San Diego and North.

Rockstar also released the episodes late 2009 - march 2010, around a year and a half ago.

They also took up the role of publisher for Team Bondis game La Noire, they have had a lot on their plate, so they haven't had 4 whole years to develop the game.

Cost/profits, it isn't worth making such a massive game, the story would have to be hundreds of missions long and i think the story would become stupid and dragged out, and creating the game would take forever, i don't think four years would be enough, and i think R* would have bankrupted themselves.

Not only would it be ridiculously expensive and time consuming to make, but the game might not sell much more than usual, it would be more profitable to release several smaller games and sell 20million each rather than one massive game that might not sell anymore than the smaller ones.

Also after they make a game that huge and expansive if they didn't go bankrupt, they would have to make the next installment just as big or bigger otherwise fans would say "they took a step back wtf?"

That is why the multiple city theory is stupid.

Nah Tso Gud

Ya, wherever it may be I just want it in a warm tropical place... I love the new LC, and its environment.. they nailed it, maybe too well Haha.. its a cold feeling gray colored place.. I want some palm trees in the next title biggrin.gif A new city would be cool, but Chicago, London, Boston would all sortve have a similar type if feel to LC, so maybe after they remake either VC or SA.. since they wanted to make LC the "right way" I suspect they'd wanna give the other areas the new console makeover as well.

krammkracker

In EFLC on the internet (in-game) there is a travel website with "left-over vacations" with such locations as Detroit, Beirut and (from former GTA game locations), London, (and yet another referance to) Vice City

Lmao are you f*cking kidding me? Seriously this sh*t is getting old.