Is it worth it?

Mr.Mister

This car is selling for $1,100 and currently has 198000km clocked on (123,031.496mi for you Americans) I e-mailed the guy and he said that the car uses this 3 wire system for the oxygen sensor which will cost $111, but I could get it for cheap from a used car at Autowreckers.

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-...QAdIdZ289065095

Now my friend who is into cars says it is not worth it unless I have the cash to repair/modify it every couple years. What kind of modifications would it need? Is a car this old even worth it?

I have enough money for this car but I am saving it for college, so really, I do not have enough money for this car until July 30. I'm sure it will still be on sale.

What do you guys think? My friend is in BC and I won't get a reply until atleast tonight.

user posted image

just forget you ever saw it, unless you have the know how to repair it yourself (as well as money). if you really dont have money till the end of the month then bringing the car up to spec will be next to impossible for you, besides, it has rust at the door sills. probably tons more of it hidden in nooks and crannies you can't see.

user posted image

user posted image

sivispacem

Absolute money-pit. I'd still buy it, though.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Well I have $5,600 that I could drop on the car... guess not. There probably are cracks in some places under the car anyways.

I'll find another one and ask if you guys think its worth it. Just gimmie a day and I'll update this thread.

user posted image

I'd get it and save the other 4,500 for repairs. They're nice cars with nice engines and some nice engineering going through them but have some sh*t electronics. Owners are usually repeat customers to the local european car repair shops. A lot of people throw cheap SBC's in them to cut down on the expensive engine repairs of the jag engine.

It's even the old school model with the inboard rear discs and the twin filler necks. Good looking car. I wouldn't hesitate to own one down here, but it would probably rust to hell pretty quick up north.

uYW1Olw.png

I'm seeing some nice year 2000+ models asking for weekly payments of around 50-80 bucks a week. Not sure if thats worth it though considering that I like to pay in one lump sum.

user posted image

Definitely not worth it. If you have $5,600 in hand, you should quite the variety of nice vehicles to choose from and buy outright.

Hell with that much money, you could buy a nicer newer car and still buy the jaguar to pimp out bitches with on the weekend. Oh, and the 02 sensor on the jag can be replaced at any muffler shop.

uYW1Olw.png