Enb Problems

deleted_account8438

deleted_account8438

ENB And Icenhancer 1.2 Fix list

We've all had that issue with something not working, i have had that issue many times and now ive come to help you guys using

the amazing mod by boris and icelaglace and co.

Heres some of the fixes ive found so far, with there issues

Fresh Install First (Just in case)

1. Always go to Patch 1.0.4.0 if you can, ENB and most mods Works best on this by far, If you had a patch above 1.0.4.0 installed you will have to reinstall, This is the patch file

Patch 1.0.4.0

2. Use Xliveless its the best ASI Loader, Who likes GFWL much anyway. This will fix the screen being too bright

Xliveless

3. Use a script loader. If you want to use one you can download it here, This one works for 1.0.7.0

ScriptHook.dll for GTA IV

3.A To use the Script hook on GTA IV Patch 1.0.4.0 you must first install the link above then this

GTA IV ScriptHook.dll for 1.0.4.0

4. Upon entering the game, You get a DD3D30 Error,

First, Go into the config file (iceconfig.ini or enbconfig.ini)

Second, Find the line

DisplayWidth=1280 , Change the 1280 to Your sceen width

Third, Find the Line

DisplayHeight=760 , Change the 760 to Your sceen hieght

5. You might need RGSC if you downgraded from a patch above 1.0.0.4, heres a link to get it

RGSC Download And Update

If your GTA IV Still doesnt want to work hit me up at the #enbgta4 IRC Chat

#enbgta4 IRC Link

Good Luck Solving Your Problems!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by tomsteel1

TheOriginalDaniel

how can i get rid of the Filmgrain Icenhancer 1.2 has added? http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/508/gtaiv201107032.jpg

ive seen plenty of screenshots with clearly no filmgrain at all confused.gif look at the tree areas and the line of lights are you can spot the filmgrain its not as noticeable in a screenshot but in game it stands out a bit

how can i get rid of the Filmgrain Icenhancer 1.2 has added? http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/508/gtaiv201107032.jpg

ive seen plenty of screenshots with clearly no filmgrain at all confused.gif look at the tree areas and the line of lights are you can spot the filmgrain its not as noticeable in a screenshot but in game it stands out a bit

in option.txt change float NoiseAmount=0.2; to float NoiseAmount=0.0;

Addition to 1.:

Make sure you do not have a higher version patch installed. If you have, completely remove GTA IV, install it again and patch to 1.0.4.0

Addition to 2.:

After doing all that, make sure your game is moddable. If you can load customized files you're ready to install icenhancer/enb series.

Edit: Ah, disregard what I just posted. You really do need XLiveless to get this working correctly.

Thanks for the info, tomsteel.

Edited by Deadly Target

deleted_account8438
You really Need Xliveless ?

Yes, Most ASI Loaders dont work with ENB

MasterKontrol
How can i make it use enb AA insted of FXAA?

Hard Way? - go into option.txt (ice) or effect.txt (enb) (whichever one your using...... and. this is the hard part.... scroll down to the FXAA part (Should be clearly defined in file) and you can either // = Comment out the code for it.. or just delete it!

Now that's not really fun to do... so i would just grab any old sharpen filter. like your old effect.txt from before FXAA came out... and backup your option.txt file.. then just rename the old effect.txt to option.txt...... now no FXAA.... and you can use the old SSAA of ENB...... if your still getting Over-Blur...... then check your DOF settings inside Enbeffect.fx or Iceshader.fx .... depending again on

which one your running........ u get me? smile.gif

END.OF.LINE.......... smile.gif

Ironcobra04

Sorry but this just doenst work on ati cards i believe, i followed ur first couple of steps not sure what the scriptloader is for, i installed icenhancer after the liveless step, and when i open the game my hud is missing and the camera is just shakey, im on a 2500k and ati 6850 so i doubt its my specs, these mods just are ready for primetime yet they look good in youtube videos but they just dont work..

MasterKontrol
Sorry but this just doenst work on ati cards i believe, i followed ur first couple of steps not sure what the scriptloader is for, i installed icenhancer after the liveless step, and when i open the game my hud is missing and the camera is just shakey, im on a 2500k and ati 6850 so i doubt its my specs, these mods just are ready for primetime yet they look good in youtube videos but they just dont work..

Pirate copy perhaps?....... sounds like it.... drunk camera is a dead giveaway..... or your using wrong patch and/or crack for it.......or you just don't have any idea how to set your game up......

I have ATI and it works flawlessly with my card (4890)

So.... have you EVER modded GTA IV before? Did you Ever use ENB mod before? if not... THAT's Where you need to start looking...... If you can't even get ENB running... how the hell is that OUR problem?

This is a version derivative of ENB.... same function.... different & newer FX..... if you had ENB running fine before you used Icenhancer package...... then that would be something worth posting here..... not just an opinion of what you think of it because YOU couldn't run it.... ok?

First go here - http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=417918&st=0 and start reading...... or search for whatever your problems are getting ENB to run.....

I believe it is probably due to a crack or pirate exe that is doing this to you though.. as i said..... "Drunk Camera" is an old side effect of bad cracks or totally pirated version of game....

Make the game moddable first....... search google for tools to do so..... Good Luck.....

PS. your specs are fine.... it runs better on ati for me than nvidia... so it's not that..... also check your game version... is it patched to 1.0.4.0?

all these things you would already know if you just took the time to look and watch what you were doing.... peace ph34r.gif

MasterKontrol

At night, the sky has a redish tint. Anybody else having this issue?

Yes, some nights aren't finished..... some have the reddish glow others not... 1.2.5 will fix this.... ICE is busy with his own problems @ the moment so.... his release will be whenever it's ready smile.gif

Sorry but not sure which particular weathers are finished...I think it was either EXTRA_SUNNY or CLOUDY..... just switch to the one that looks ok for you at night for now.... or use another Timecycle... monocle.gif

Best I can do for you, sorry...... Ice is busy.... Good Luck ! smile.gif

EDIT - BTW i just saw your "Reptilian Deathray" .... hahahaha NICE! biggrin.gif

Hello together, i would like to test this great mod but my GTA 4 doesn't want to start. The Version of my GTA is 1.0.4.0. Without the mod installed the game works fine but with i come to the black screen with the white text and then it crashes. GTA doesn't work anymore, details of the problem are:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH

Anwendungsname: GTAIV.exe

Anwendungsversion: 1.0.4.0

Anwendungszeitstempel: 4a1ae9b0

Fehlermodulname: d3d9.dll

Fehlermodulversion: 1.0.0.1

I did all the steps which are necessary, fresh installation, patch to 1.0.4.0, copied the xliveless.dll, installed the script hook with patch 1.0.4.0, copied all the mod files into GTA folder und started via LaunchGTAIV.exe .. but then the game crashes .. any idea?

I'm using a nvidia gtx570 with the newest driver (none beta)

OverTheBelow
Hello together, i would like to test this great mod but my GTA 4 doesn't want to start. The Version of my GTA is 1.0.4.0. Without the mod installed the game works fine but with i come to the black screen with the white text and then it crashes. GTA doesn't work anymore, details of the problem are:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH

Anwendungsname: GTAIV.exe

Anwendungsversion: 1.0.4.0

Anwendungszeitstempel: 4a1ae9b0

Fehlermodulname: d3d9.dll

Fehlermodulversion: 1.0.0.1

I did all the steps which are necessary, fresh installation, patch to 1.0.4.0, copied the xliveless.dll, installed the script hook with patch 1.0.4.0, copied all the mod files into GTA folder und started via LaunchGTAIV.exe .. but then the game crashes .. any idea?

I'm using a nvidia gtx570 with the newest driver (none beta)

Are you forcing anything (vsync, AA) via CCC or any other program? Make sure you aren't.

Also, stuff like xFire ingame and Steam ingame can be known to cause crashes with ENB series too.

DU8afL0.jpg

Well, i found out what the problem was, i had to delete the d3d9.dll from the folder and then it runs, but are there any missing visual effects now?

OverTheBelow

d3d9.dll is ENBseries.. yes you will not have much graphical effects now.

DU8afL0.jpg

TheOriginalDaniel

At night, the sky has a redish tint. Anybody else having this issue?

Yes, some nights aren't finished..... some have the reddish glow others not... 1.2.5 will fix this.... ICE is busy with his own problems @ the moment so.... his release will be whenever it's ready smile.gif

Sorry but not sure which particular weathers are finished...I think it was either EXTRA_SUNNY or CLOUDY..... just switch to the one that looks ok for you at night for now.... or use another Timecycle... monocle.gif

all different weathers for me at night = the same redish tint, ive tried using other Timecycles from other packs but then the whole cycle is all messed up or on some packs i get the same redish tint nightcycle confused.gif

Edited by TheOriginalDaniel

Well, i found out what the problem was, i had to delete the d3d9.dll from the folder and then it runs, but are there any missing visual effects now?

With the d3d9.dll from the ienhancer mod my game chrashes at the black screen with the white text but when I use the d3d9.dll from the enb mod the game works but the graphics are not as good as the screenshots from the ienhancer mod.. but what is the problem? can anybody help me?

OverTheBelow
Are you forcing anything (vsync, AA) via CCC or any other program? Make sure you aren't.

Also, stuff like xFire ingame and Steam ingame can be known to cause crashes with ENB series too.

I recommend you double check this.

DU8afL0.jpg

What is CCC? I checked it twice, I only use nvidia inspector --> everything on default --> no forcing.. xfire is not installed and steam is closed.. i use a none steam version of gta

And like i said, with the original d3d9.dll from enb the game works?!

edit: i found the problem.. the problem was msi afterburner i am using.. if it's closed everything works fine, but why, there is no forcing of vsync or AA

Edited by pITTT

BehelitOutlaw

Hello there, i've been moding GTA IV for like 10 hours right now to make it like i want. First i have to say that this modding community is great and we can all thank them.

Now here is my problem. When using xliveless the text in the menu isen't there anymore. I've been looking for a few hours now to find any answer to this but i cant find any that's working.

I guy said to put the font files from the original files back in the modded one but it isen't working neither. I tyed with the files from my back up of my original game ( 1.0.7.0 from Steam ) and from a backup from the vanilla 1.0.4.0.

Does anyone knows how it comes?

Also for the noobs like me i would recommand you the No Intro mod to start instantly in the GTA IV main menu insteed of those long waiting logos to fade away.

Thank you in advance.

BehelitOutlaw

MasterKontrol

RIGHT!.. @ Pitttt. did enb by itself work at all before the ice pack? answer me that first........

@ Outlaw.. i have NEVER used Xliveless... i still cannot figure why everyone swears it fixes anything other than taking live support away..... i will make a pack of files (all script loaders that i use)

and upload soon....... no time this minute..........

BACK SOON

Ok.... back..... show me answers Pittt............ I CAN & WILL HELP YOU BOTH.........

JUST TAKE THIS ARCHIVE... Unpack into your GTA IV Folder. (where GTAIV.EXE is..... and start normally.... ONLY 1040 or 1030)

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE USED FOR EVER......... it should help you with game starting probs... if not.... take all mods away and MAKE SURE THE GAME EVEN RUNS STOCK

EDIT - Sorry... this is the pack - http://www.mediafire.com/?9nezxyzngxy84w5

Edited by MasterKontrol

OverTheBelow
What is CCC? I checked it twice, I only use nvidia inspector --> everything on default --> no forcing.. xfire is not installed and steam is closed.. i use a none steam version of gta

And like i said, with the original d3d9.dll from enb the game works?!

edit: i found the problem.. the problem was msi afterburner i am using.. if it's closed everything works fine, but why, there is no forcing of vsync or AA

Afterburner offers an ingame overlay that even when disabled will sometimes inject itself into a game, pretty much posing the same effect as forcing something but without the benefits. sigh.gif

DU8afL0.jpg

How can i make it use enb AA insted of FXAA?

Hard Way? - go into option.txt (ice) or effect.txt (enb) (whichever one your using...... and. this is the hard part.... scroll down to the FXAA part (Should be clearly defined in file) and you can either // = Comment out the code for it.. or just delete it!

Now that's not really fun to do... so i would just grab any old sharpen filter. like your old effect.txt from before FXAA came out... and backup your option.txt file.. then just rename the old effect.txt to option.txt...... now no FXAA.... and you can use the old SSAA of ENB...... if your still getting Over-Blur...... then check your DOF settings inside Enbeffect.fx or Iceshader.fx .... depending again on

which one your running........ u get me? smile.gif

END.OF.LINE.......... smile.gif

Hi mate,

Could you please elaborate on how to edit the option.txt?

I'm experiencing the overblur issue right now, even without SSAA. It's quite annoying.

Let me try to replace the option.txt file with another effect.txt.

Thanks!

Does anyone know how I can fix the incompatibility with ELS?

Does anyone use SSAA? I find that antialiasingquality 1 vs 2 give me pretty much the same performance, I thought there was supposed to be a difference between the two?