Phone Calls Every 15 seconds

Psychotic Mind

Psychotic Mind

Okay so im on my second play through (I just wanted to keep 0 deaths 0 arrests) and I got up to the "Trespass" mission. Ever since I started this mission, I get a phone call aprox every 10-20 seconds, but mostly its 15 seconds. After I deal with that person, it happens again and again and again and never ends! I'm not sure exactly what to make of this, if its a bug or if im just unlucky. I hope I don't have to start a new game. If anyone can help i'd really appreciate I've tried everything I could think of without deleting the save.

Psychotic Mind
Is Roman (or a friend) calling you?

Yes just friends as far as I'm aware. Seems to be random, but goes between roman, brucie, packie, and little jacob. Roman does call the most however. They'll call and I'll either take them to the location or cancel the plans, and after im done they'll call right back in 15 seconds...

YankeesPwnMets

Turn the phone into sleep mode by going into the Phone's options and selecting sleep mode

Harwood Butch3r

Sounds like a bug to me, because even though people typically bitch and moan about the friends calling they shouldn't call that often. You could turn the phone on sleep mode, but the only draw back is it halts story progression.

What I would do if you don't want to delete your current save is keep it, but start a new one to see if it'll still do it.

Psychotic Mind

I still got constant phone calls, some now even 5 seconds apart which is f*cking pathetic. I loaded up my completed game and played a bit, didn't happen anymore. Started up a new game, Doesn't happen anymore either but still does on the second play through save, so I deleted it. Wierd sh*t. Just be careful with the "Trespass" mission.

Edit: Thanks anyway guys, just hope nobody else has to encounter this.

Harwood Butch3r

For interest's sake are you on PC, or a console? I used to have GTA IV on PS3, but never experienced anything like that. I now have it on 360, but have never gotten that far into the game.

I think you were just unlucky mate which is a shame. It pisses me off too when sh*t like this happens.

nightwalker83

I'm on PC and have never experienced this problem. Does it happen with a different save game?

WhistleBlower

You're not supposed to get a phone call at all from your friends during missions unless it's actually scripted for the story's progression. Or am I remembering it wrong?

GTAIVBigFan

I'm playing that on PS3 and I have never turned the phone into sleep mode.I got few friend's calls and calls from missions.But I think the different is I have do 100% with all of my friends.