Graphics settings problem

nitta7

I have Core i5 2410M 2.3Ghz

6gb RAM & GT525M 1gb GPU

I saw a lot of people max out all setting with 1gb GPU why can't I ?

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks

Edited by nitta7

YankeesPwnMets

You need more video RAM then 1GB to max GTA IV out. Also, even if you have a lot of video RAM it doesn't improve performance at all. The GT series is mainstream, and laptop components are pretty weak compared to their desktop counterparts. You might be able to max the game out (with a few commandlines) but with the amount of heat produced from play GTA IV at those settings I doubt your going to get good performance for more then 30 minutes unless you have a cooler.

You need 1.2 GB+ of video RAM to max the game out

Those people who you "saw" max the game out on 1GB of VRAM, they're lying. Or, they might be running at a very low resolution

Spider-Vice

Adding to above they might be using norestrictions command which just makes the game more unstable too.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Thanks for the reply

here are the videos

How can they get such high FPS ??

Also, can the CPU be the cause i'm getting low fps like 15-25 when the usage is only around 70% ?

YankeesPwnMets

Their graphics cards are much better then yours. Yours is sub-par compared to theirs. They probably did use the norestrictions command, but like the guy above said, your not going to be guaranteed stability by using that commandline

Also, the first video they are using Patch 3. Patch 3's requirement to hit maximum settings isn't as high as patch 6 or 7. Your using patch 7, which needs a stronger system to max the game out. The second guy doesn't have Detail Distance or Vehicle Density at 100, so that technically isn't maximum settings. There is one lie right there

Edited by YankeesPwnMets

So the VRAM is not the only thing I should think about when I compare 2 video cards.

Thank you so much for support.

the others already told you correctly, but i'm going to be even more specific: you are comparing a laptop graphic card that only has 96 shader units to two machines that are not only just desktop graphic cards, but ones that have more than three times the power - gtx 460 has 336 shader cores

OverTheBelow
So the VRAM is not the only thing I should think about when I compare 2 video cards.

Coincedentally I watched a video yesterday explaining exactly what you should look out for between two cards:

Nothing that I already knew really, but interesting nonetheless.

DU8afL0.jpg

YankeesPwnMets

VRAM and Core Clock should be the least of your worries when you are comparing video cards