Problems with BMW Headlights.

farhad_persona

farhad_persona

Hello everyone. I hope you are all well.

I downloaded this model and imported it through Spark IV.

it's a beautiful car and my favourite, but there is a problem:

user posted image

When I turn the engine on headlights become like that. you see those yellow circles sort of bother me. I want the headlights to be normal just like every other car.

What can I do?

if there are animators here please fix the model and upload the fixed one.

you can download this model from here:

http://www.am-team.ru/load/gtaiv/amtwork/b...0_li/16-1-0-685

Please note that modding questions belong in the modding forums.

Moved to IV Vehicles.

monster875.

the author choosed the car like that, we can't and wont edit that and upload. e-mail the author and ask him to edit the car

EDIT: for ur knowledge

Animators animates stuff

Modders mods stuff

I have an idea why its like that, check the .wtd file (texture file) in the vehicles.img (use SparkIV) and I bet you that the person who made it didn't add the texture file to that part of the car.

Just a guess.

If my guess is correct, than an easy fix you could do yourself would be to copy the texture from another car and put it onto that model. It might work.

Edited by sJay420

farhad_persona

I have an idea why its like that, check the .wtd file (texture file) in the vehicles.img (use SparkIV) and I bet you that the person who made it didn't add the texture file to that part of the car.

Just a guess.

If my guess is correct, than an easy fix you could do yourself would be to copy the texture from another car and put it onto that model. It might work.

No that's not the problem because when you turn the engine off the headlights are fine.

When you turn the engine on those yellow circles come up and they are annoying.

farhad_persona

I was hoping there would be a way to fix this because when the car is off headlights are just fine. maybe we can edit it in some ways so that when you turn on the engine those yellow circles don't come up.

is this ignition thing part of the modeling? I mean is it the modeling that says when the car is on turn on those yellow circles or is it some other part?

monster875.

the author made the car like this, he decided how it should look and such.

btw, we still can't and wont edit this car, so either u find this car from another author, or else u must live with that

farhad_persona
the author made the car like this, he decided how it should look and such.

btw, we still can't and wont edit this car, so either u find this car from another author, or else u must live with that

What's wrong with editing this car and making it better?

are you saying that it is morally wrong or it is technically impossible?

farhad_persona

we don't have any permission to edit it

Oh so that's the problem. copyright!

The truth is this car is a modified version of this:

http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?d...=34998&orderBy=

and there are also other versions of this like the super sport hamman version:

http://www.am-team.ru/_ld/7/63431255.jpg

I'm not sure if fixing the headlights problem with this car is exactly copyright infringement!

it's not like the original modeler of this car is selling it or anything and if he wasn't okay with modifying it he would somehow protest.

So please if it's technically possible, fix this for me.

monster875.

u think there's only 1 original 3d model of all car? there's over 1000, so every single BMW for IV can be from different sources

farhad_persona
u think there's only 1 original 3d model of all car? there's over 1000, so every single BMW for IV can be from different sources

copyright issues aside, is it technically possible?

are u a modeler yourself?

XTREME0235
and no, i don't wanna make this car

I don't think he's asking you to re-make it but instead just asking if "its technically possible", don't get to ahead of yourself there Monster. wink.gif

Anyway farhad I'm afraid that as everyone else has stated the model was just made like that.

Perhaps there is another model floating around by a different author that made the headlights you're after, just keep searching.

lord tammerlain

Those are the daylight running lights for the BMW

If the problem and there is no "glow" from the lights, could you not just change the color to a different one (say silver or black)?

farhad, thats how the BMW looks like in real life. Get used to it and stop bothering people.

BMW München supposed the car to have angel eyes. wink.gif

Thats where all those real life car tuners got that idea from. Its a feature, not a bug wink.gif

lol dont people know anything about Angel Eye headlamps? notify.gif

All this fuss just cos the author mapped the headlights to be "Angel eyes" and farhad it is too much work to remap those lights to glow on the full headlight bulb.

so just ask the author himself to do all that job again if he says no im afraid nobody can do anything

Then change the headlights yourself. But if you do, the outcome won't be realistic. Like this was said before, those lights are BMW's version of day time running lights, if you get rid of them you'll lose the realism, which is why the author put the lights on there in the first place.