I doubt that Tommy should be on GTA V

Dap300

57 year old, So i think on 2011, He should be 60, I doubt he will be on GTA V. Maybe his son or a bodyguard that soon becomes Tommy enemy. cool.gif

GTALover97

how i will see tommy vercetti then in GTA IV? with a white hair?

what GTA games i play now GTA SA GTA VC GTA 3 and GTA LCS on ps2

how i will see tommy vercetti then in GTA IV? with a white hair?

Wrong title,

It was supposed to be GTA V.

TrevorSpeed914
57 year old, So i think on 2011, He should be 60, I doubt he will be on GTA V. Maybe his son or a bodyguard that soon becomes Tommy enemy. cool.gif

Most people, including R*, would deny the possibility of Tommy being in the next GTA.

However, he could easily be a boss, and some people would actually enjoy an older protagonist. Just because they're older, doesn't mean they need Bengay to walk.

WhistleBlower

Vice City, the recreation for the GTA III era anyway, and everything that happened there would have nothing to do with any future GTA titles. I don't see any reason for Rockstar to go back to the previous eras. I'm more interested in them creating new stories.

TrevorSpeed914
Vice City, the recreation for the GTA III era anyway, and everything that happened there would have nothing to do with any future GTA titles. I don't see any reason for Rockstar to go back to the previous eras. I'm more interested in them creating new stories.

IYO

Harwood Butch3r

x2. I would rather R* concentrate their efforts on new characters for us to get to know.

Edited by Miamivicecity

ionGeneral

x2. I would rather R* concentrate their efforts on new characters for us to get to know.

Agreed. If R* keep making the new titles previous to the other GTA era's they'd be pretty sh*tty. We need a title that's around 2009-2010. smile.gif

Vanilla Shake

People, do not hold your breath. I am 100% positive Tommy Vercetti or any of his speculated offspring will not appear in any future GTA games. Rockstar has stated that most of their own favorite characters (Tommy must be one of 'em) from the past games are dead, not to mention Ray Liotta has expressed his distaste for the GTA franchise and stated that he only took on the role of Tommy for the money. He's not coming back. Just accept it and move on. Besides, Niko Bellic was a MUCH more interesting character than Tommy. He witnessed many horrible things during the war, had some very compelling stories to tell and had frantically been on the run from his previous c*nt of a boss, not to mention he was looking for the man who betrayed his friends for $1,000 in the war. What was Tommy after? Money and power. What was Niko after? Personal/moral/spiritual freedom, which is much more interesting and compelling.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Tommy Vercetti. I bought Vice City the day it was released and I still love the game to this day, but Rockstar has moved on from their little "Scarface phase" and it's time we all did too. Just move on and have some faith in Rockstar. They're creating games that we never could have imagined back in 2002 when Vice City was released and the next GTA will blow every other game they've released out of the water.

P.S. I agree with WhitsleBlower here.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

ClaudeSpeedIV
People, do not hold your breath. I am 100% positive Tommy Vercetti or any of his speculated offspring will not appear in any future GTA games. Rockstar has stated that most of their own favorite characters (Tommy must be one of 'em) from the past games are dead, not to mention Ray Liotta has expressed his distaste for the GTA franchise and stated that he only took on the role of Tommy for the money. He's not coming back. Just accept it and move on. Besides, Niko Bellic was a MUCH more interesting character than Tommy. He witnessed many horrible things during the war, had some very compelling stories to tell and had frantically been on the run from his previous c*nt of a boss, not to mention he was looking for the man who betrayed his friends for $1,000 in the war. What was Tommy after? Money and power. What was Niko after? Personal/moral/spiritual freedom, which is much more interesting and compelling.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Tommy Vercetti. I bought Vice City the day it was released and I still love the game to this day, but Rockstar has moved on from their little "Scarface phase" and it's time we all did too. Just move on and have some faith in Rockstar. They're creating games that we never could have imagined back in 2002 when Vice City was released and the next GTA will blow every other game they've released out of the water.

Tommy >> Niko

user posted image

But, are you sure guys that there will be a GTA V so fast?

What about other games like the GTA III era but for the GTA IV era? There were a lot of games in the GTA III era, they can make more from this one.

GTALover97

i dont think tommy vercetti can appear in GTA IV or san andreas confused.gif

what GTA games i play now GTA SA GTA VC GTA 3 and GTA LCS on ps2

WhistleBlower

IYO

Wow! It's my opinion? Golly-gee, you sure showed me. Thank you for that impressive display of deductive reasoning and complex logic. I'll make sure to get the President of the United States on the line so that he can award you a f*cking medal. sarcasm.gif

Harwood Butch3r
People, do not hold your breath. I am 100% positive Tommy Vercetti or any of his speculated offspring will not appear in any future GTA games. Rockstar has stated that most of their own favorite characters (Tommy must be one of 'em) from the past games are dead, not to mention Ray Liotta has expressed his distaste for the GTA franchise and stated that he only took on the role of Tommy for the money.

This is what I was thinking about too. Ray Liotta has refused to work with R*/GTA, so how could Tommy return? I suppose they could always do what they done with Toni and give him another voice actor, but IMHO it wouldn't be the same.

This just doesn't apply for a GTA IV/V era appearance (Which will never happen), but even another GTA III era game.

I've never understood why people want to see the old characters again. Wouldn't it just be easier to play one of the older games? I really like what they done with GTA IV's characters and I hope they continue to develop some of them and introduce new ones in GTA V. Throwing an old character in the mix would reallly throw out the balance and make no sense at all.

Tommy is my all time favourite protagonist, but he should remain in his original state in VC. That goes for all the other GTA III era characters too. Let the past go.

WhistleBlower

Yeah, I mean, if you look at GTA IV we don't see Claude because he didn't exist in the GTA IV era. It wasn't the same Liberty City, but even then, it had a lot of great new characters. No doubt that the same thing will happen if Rockstar were to go back to Vice City in a future GTA title. You might get to unlock his outfit after a certain point in the game but that's about all that you would see. That's fine by me and, by the sound of things, the majority of the people here.

Harwood Butch3r
Yeah, I mean, if you look at GTA IV we don't see Claude because he didn't exist in the GTA IV era. It wasn't the same Liberty City, but even then, it had a lot of great new characters. No doubt that the same thing will happen if Rockstar were to go back to Vice City in a future GTA title. You might get to unlock his outfit after a certain point in the game but that's about all that you would see. That's fine by me and, by the sound of things, the majority of the people here.

It would be awesome if his Hawaiian shirt and jeans were an outfit like Claude's in GTA IV.

WhistleBlower

It would be awesome if his Hawaiian shirt and jeans were an outfit like Claude's in GTA IV.

Let's not forget about his shoes and the chain around his neck. The only thing I didn't like about Claude's outfit in GTA IV was that the leather jacket didn't look the same. But I doubt they can mess up Tommy's outfit as an easter egg.

TrevorSpeed914

IYO

Wow! It's my opinion? Golly-gee, you sure showed me. Thank you for that impressive display of deductive reasoning and complex logic. I'll make sure to get the President of the United States on the line so that he can award you a f*cking medal. sarcasm.gif

Take a f*cking pill. You act as though your logic trumps all.

WhistleBlower

IYO

Excuse me? I simply stated my opinion. Maybe you should take your own advice and not reply with your half-assed three letter replies, furthermore putting a negative spin on this to try and compensate for your inability to accept the fact that people have different opinions.

Edited by WhistleBlower

TrevorSpeed914

IYO

Excuse me? I simply stated my opinion. Maybe you should take your own advice and not reply with your half-assed three letter replies, furthermore putting a negative spin on this to try and compensate for your inability to accept the fact that people have different opinions.

You must be schizophrenic, or at least have Alzheimers. You forget that your other posts are usually in a certain tone, often offensively sarcastic.

WhistleBlower

IYO

You must be schizophrenic, or at least have Alzheimers. You forget that your other posts are usually in a certain tone, often offensively sarcastic.

Some of my posts might be sarcastic. It doesn't mean they all are though. That being said, can we stop this little intervention of yours and get back on topic? I don't feel like I need to explain myself to someone who will probably tell me that "it's my opinion" again.

TrevorSpeed914

IYO

Some of my posts might be sarcastic. It doesn't mean they all are though. That being said, can we stop this little intervention of yours and get back on topic? I don't feel like I need to explain myself to someone who will probably tell me that "it's my opinion" again.

Because it seems you need a reminder that your opinion is just your opinion, like anyone else on this forum.

WhistleBlower

IYO

Because it seems you need a reminder that your opinion is just your opinion, like anyone else on this forum.

I don't need you to remind me on how my opinion is my opinion when I came in here to voice my opinion, one that other people share and that you, ironically, don't like to hear. Don't try and fool yourself into thinking that you're doing everyone a huge favor by trying to single me out.

Both of you, shut the f*ck up and get back on topic.

Any more of this sh*t and I'll warn you both.

Tommy >> Niko

This.

Niko was constantly depressed about this war that no one other than him ever heard about. He just got anoying by the...4TH MISSION...

Im pretty sure everyone has seen the graffiti on the wall in GTA 4 saying things like "R.I.P tommy, R.I.P Claude" rockstar most likely added this to show players that all the old characters have gone and arent coming back, even though personally id love to see all the old characters back in action.

I dont think his age would have anything to do with him not being in GTA V, i mean look at most classic gangster films like The Godfather, the main boss is usually alot older then all his henchmen, older and wiser with an army of lunatics waiting on his beck and call. Being older would obviously stop him running up to lawyers and breaking their legs with a hammer, but his brain would be intact and he could easily give out orders from behind a desk.

So if Rockstar did want him in GTA V, he could easily play the head of a crime family.

SIG-2.jpg

TrevorSpeed914
Both of you, shut the f*ck up and get back on topic.

Any more of this sh*t and I'll warn you both.

catspider.gif

Black Corsair

Im pretty sure everyone has seen the graffiti on the wall in GTA 4 saying things like "R.I.P tommy, R.I.P Claude" rockstar most likely added this to show players that all the old characters have gone and arent coming back, even though personally id love to see all the old characters back in action.

There isen`t an R.I.P Tommy in IV. There is a "we still love you Tommy".

Which may mean a bunch lot. A fall from power, some political or financial scandal, etc.