[IV|REL] IV Texture Overhaul

icelaglace

MasterKontrol

HD Blood. I'm redo the ped damage too.

Hey Ice. So do you see the wrong height plane on the blood decals now?......... i have the corrected shader if you need....... smile.gif

@MasterKontrol.

I really need proper specular & color now.

Love it, ice! colgate.gificon14.gif

@marty: u have to make ur texture tileable und scale it down a bit, so it doesn't look realistic as it is now.. but keep it rolling... wink.gif

Edited by Benny_

Marty McFly

yeah fixed it. i also made new grass texture, both are fully tileable. the only thing that has to be fixed is the grass color. working on new road texture for the central park, 50% done. which .wdr files below to each grass texture in the central park?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Marty McFly

my girl is off... time for texturing smile.gif

still w.i.p... have to fix some issues

user posted image

@marty: thats much better... but an advice... dont take pictures for textures where u can see big shadows... like ur seabed texture. and try to avoid, that we see the tilings... as u can see in ur 5th picture. reduce the bright/dark varieties! keep it up...

Edited by Benny_

Noob alert here...

I was trying to install DKT70's newspaper stand textures, and while I was backing up amenitie.img, OpenIV for some reason just permanently deleted it. sad.gif

Is there anyone here who could do me a gigantic favor and send me that file? It's in Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\data\maps\props\street.

PacketOverload_x64bit

Nice job you guys. @ICE: those peds you're importing and changing honestly have the potential to change GTA IV ALOT. Because we take for granted that all peds are already what we've seen constantly - new peds = totally different.

This thread has been linked into the first post of the ENB Screenshot thread. Mind if I tie in links to rar's from this thread under the "Other Downloads" second of the ENB Screenshot thread?

Cheers and nice job

-Packet

MasterKontrol
Good stuff Benny and Marty McFly smile.gif

Anyway , wanted to post this : http://www.smart-page.net/smartnormal/fl10.htm

Might help for people who don't have the NVIDIA tools and that they are on different computers.

wink.gif

Thx Ice! smile.gif i have the Nv filters too. but u can never have enough options bro biggrin.gif

Hi guys, very good work, excuse me if i don't post anything, but i spend much time on birch texturing (it's really hard, even with hd textures) i hope today i will finish

Edit : ok mates, it clearly that when we'll finish Trees, bushes, road grass and some other thing, central park will be absolutely fantastic biggrin.gif

P.S. hey benny nice details !!! i'm making statues and water fountain wink.gif

Edited by Vanni83

Marty McFly

my girl is off... time for texturing smile.gif

still w.i.p... have to fix some issues

@marty: thats much better... but an advice... dont take pictures for textures where u can see big shadows... like ur seabed texture. and try to avoid, that we see the tilings... as u can see in ur 5th picture. reduce the bright/dark varieties! keep it up...

thanks for the reference but there are no tilings anymore! i have a special method to reduce them to a minimum. i can give you the textures if you want so you can see it on yourself. but u are right: the grass texture has silly dark dots on it everywhere.. trying to fix this.

@DKT70

I saw your screens with modifed texture, they look like real NY.

Where are you uploaded it? Have you a download link? Thanks smile.gif

Nice work Benny, look forward to trying them out. Are you basing them off real NYC ? or your own vision of the park ?

I have updated the yellow Newspaper boxes to the New York Sun version. I live in the UK, so it's a bit difficult knowing where every box comes from, I have to go by what I am sent from some friends over there.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zg5ceray10s1ow6

user posted image

As before,

Instructions:Using OpenIV - http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=388289Download the wtd file.Run OpenIV,Browse to the following directoryC:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\data\maps\props\streetDouble-click on amenitie.imgGoto New, Import Open Formats, Texture Dictionary,Now browse to the directory you downloaded the file and select the wtd, save, rebuild if needed.

When I am done with texturing this img (I'm not going to do all the textures in this img) I will upload the actual img to make it easier.

I saw your screens with modifed texture, they look like real NY.

Where are you uploaded it? Have you a download link? Thanks

Only the 1024x1024 roads and sidewalks in the gtxd are uploaded, as well as a few newspaper boxes posted a few pages back.

Link to roads -

http://www.mediafire.com/?7128hnp7n7yhyzi

Edited by DKT70

@Vanni: Thank u smile.gif! I'm on the "Broker Outlook Park" right now... the "Middle Park" was just for a change... smile.gif

Or should i go on with the "Middle Park"?

@DKT70: Thank u as well smile.gif! Ur newspaperboxes looks so damn real.. !

Mh, i cant put my finger on it... the monument is a real (Click)... the path is my own vision... i dont know the name of the park, to get some reference images... google can't help me confused.gif

Marty McFly

fixed my grass texture so it doesn't have these darker circles. working on HQ pine trees now, but they have to get tighter. Just one W.I.P screen:

user posted image

Edited by Marty McFly

My question is, when are any of these besides DKT's going to be available for download.. i.e. Grass, Tress, Bricks, Wood, etc.. Or are we going to wait months for a big pack of textures?

the path is my own vision... i dont know the name of the park, to get some reference images... google can't help me confused.gif

Do you mean Central Park? or the one in Broker?

@H1Vltg3: mh, you may well ask... its a big project, without to be a real project.. mercie_blink.gifcolgate.gif

i retexture an area, like the broker outlook park. and will release it, when its done, i think...

maybe we have to make an arrangement...

i meant the broker park, but JasperHQ told me, it is the "Prospect Park". thx again smile.gif

Marty McFly

i think the pine can stay this way. retextured the trunk and darkened the leaves. they are very bright on this picture because of my settings in [TREE].

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Finally birch trees are ready, some word about them:

- i've worked 2 days for doing these txt, i've tried all of my friend texture, i would like to thanks Benny an DKT ; i 've made this tree by hand painting, because many problems ( polygon and mesh orrible by default, so even a high quality texture will be ugly) .

hope you like it biggrin.gif:D

click to HD 1920 x 1080

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

started to adjust some trees

user posted image

Edited by Vanni83

Top work, Vanni. I am glad you took this one on, I gave up because it was a lot of work for just one tree, and mine sucked anyway.

And, like Benny said, some sort of order may/will be layed out soon on what to tackle, and possible what not to tackle.

DAMN VANNI !

Beautiful.

About the organisation , just type here what you wanna do then i'll put that in the first post. I'll update it too with current stuff.

Thanks to everyone who help us with that!

Not a lot I'm afraid, but the little details sort of add to the atmosphere.

Despite being small, this one - due to the bizarre layout - was quite difficult to get right.

user posted image

Just a small bug in the curved area, but I'll upload it tomorrow, or rather today since it's 3am.

MaryseDynasty

Great job, all of you! Can't wait for more peds Ice!

Hi guys , trees are finished, now i'm working on bushes , statues and some concretes

Ok, Mailboxes finished.

user posted image

user posted image

Download: -

http://www.mediafire.com/?2x84hu503ctax20

Instructions:

Using OpenIV - http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=388289

Download the wtd file.

Run OpenIV,

Browse to the following directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\data\maps\props\street

Double-click on amenitie.img

Goto New, Import Open Formats, Texture Dictionary,

Now browse to the directory you downloaded the file and select the wtd, save, rebuild if needed.

MasterKontrol
very nice, DKT... thx 4 sharing smile.gif

Floor:

user posted image

Roof:

user posted image

Aaaaah that's nice & neat benny biggrin.gif Very swish mate! smile.gif tell me, how did your grass end up after last tests? get rid of tiling?