URGENT

Gareth Alan Willmer

Gareth Alan Willmer

Tell Congress to oppose S. 978, the new "Ten Strikes" bill

Here they go again: Big business's lobbyists are launching another attack on Internet freedom. Senators are considering a "Ten Strikes" bill to make it a felony to stream copyrighted content -- like music in the background of a Youtube video -- more than ten times.

As the writers at TechDirt point out, under this bill you could go to jail for posting video of your friends singing karaoke:

The entertainment industry is freaking out about sites that embed and stream infringing content, and want law enforcement to put people in jail over it, rather than filing civil lawsuits.... We already pointed to one possibility: that people embedding YouTube videos could face five years in jail. Now, others are pointing out that it could also put kids who lip sync to popular songs, and post the resulting videos on YouTube, in jail as well.

That's right: Ten strikes and you could get jail time. Less than a month ago, the Hollywood industry magazine, Variety, reported, "Industry lobbyists pressed House members on Wednesday to pass legislation that would make illegal streaming of movies, TV shows and other types of content a felony...."

Only a few weeks later, the MPAA is getting its wish. Will you email your lawmakers and tell them to vote against the Ten Strikes Bill? Just add your info at right to automatically send this note to them, under your name and from your address. (You can edit the letter if you'd like to.)

Just sign on at right and we'll send an email to your lawmakers.

Congress Wants To Make Streaming Illegall

For those not from the united states you can still send the letter off regaurdless.

Edited by Gareth Alan Willmer

It's been going nowhere for a month now. Everything is going to be just fine.

fV9tG4b.gif

Calm down the law will only make it illegal for you to stream for profit. So your megavideos will be in big trouble, but the person behind the screen will be fine. Not only that but you'll still have sites doing it in nations that don't comply. It probably will pass but don't worry, about I thing.( Do do do do do do do) Every little thing is going to be alright.

why the f*ck would you give a sh*t if you're not american

user posted image

Big government is wrong, we need smaller government. like the four fathers wanted, it's in the con-sti-tooo-shuuuun. Seriously dude no offence you sound like some tea party psycho.

sivispacem

Gareth Alen Willmer in "everything I post is out-of-date, sensationalist rubbish" shocker.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

If you're going to title a thread 'URGENT', you might actually make it about something that pertains to urgency. You know, like a mass outbreak of syphilis. Not an outdated bill that holds little or no value anymore.

7FTgFLB.png

If you're going to title a thread 'URGENT', you might actually make it about something that pertains to urgency. You know, like a mass outbreak of syphilis. Not an outdated bill that holds little or no value anymore.

My thoughts exactly...

d653p.png

Moonshield

Big government is wrong, we need smaller government. like the four fathers wanted, it's in the con-sti-tooo-shuuuun. Seriously dude no offence you sound like some tea party psycho.

Holy sh*t dude, you had four fathers? I wonder what that was like.

sivispacem hit the nail on the head. This is sensationalized bullsh*t. Nothing more to see here.

4XEtraA.jpg

Holy sh*t dude, you had four fathers? I wonder what that was like.

sivispacem hit the nail on the head. This is sensationalized bullsh*t. Nothing more to see here.

Almost as bad as that bullsh*t Belgian troll group (or whatever they pretended to be) that posted fake announcements all over the web about how the Internet would start to become a cable-like subscription system where you only subscribe to a certain number of sites. I hope people remember/know what I'm talking about so I don't look stupid. colgate.gif

That's quite funny, seeing as the OP is copypasta from DemandProgress.org. rolleyes.gif

But, yea, bill only has 2 cosponsors, and probably isn't going anywhere.

WF the Hobgoblin

Almost as bad as that bullsh*t Belgian troll group (or whatever they pretended to be) that posted fake announcements all over the web about how the Internet would start to become a cable-like subscription system where you only subscribe to a certain number of sites. I hope people remember/know what I'm talking about so I don't look stupid. colgate.gif

I remember seeing something like that.

Wasn't it that WoW geek Athene and his gang? I remember watching some of his videos a few years ago. Most of which consisted of him sitting at his computer with his hot b*tch and his "boyfriend" Furious, bragging about his WoW skills.

Edited by WF the Hobgoblin