Local Multiplayer?

krammkracker

krammkracker

Would you guys like to see the return of local multi-player in GTA 5?

I must have owned San Andreas for nearly 6 months before I even found and realized what the multiplayer icon did lol. That revelation added countless hours of gameplay and hilarious high-jinks betweeen me and (real-life) friends.

It seems like a relativley simple thing to impliment if it was in the last gen's game... (but then again that could be said about alot of things)

What are your thoughs/hopes for local multiplayer in GTA 5?

Desperately needs split-screen. I agree with ya. Let the players be as far away from each other as they want,and be on different vehicles,and it would absolutely be awesome.

ClaudeSpeedIV

Yea so i could play against somebody offline and get a chopper and have someone jump off of a building and get chopped up by the blades.

user posted image

Yes, I do think that a local multiplayer would be awesome for the next Grand Theft Auto. Just so long as it isn't limited like the local multiplayer in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas then it would be even better--that was one thing that annoyed me about the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas multiplayer system. A split-screen local multiplayer would be the best way to go, in my opinion.

RE9mJnf.png

I hope to god that the next GTA installment will have local multiplayer. I don't ever care how it's handled as long as if it's there.

It's most likely that split-screen would be too much to handle, though. If there were local multiplayer I'd love to see how they could pull it off.

I hope to god that the next GTA installment will have local multiplayer. I don't ever care how it's handled as long as if it's there.

It's most likely that split-screen would be too much to handle, though. If there were local multiplayer I'd love to see how they could pull it off.

I think splitscreen is the only way to go unless you're going to force your friends to buy an xbox confused.gif

krammkracker

I think splitscreen is the only way to go unless you're going to force your friends to buy an xbox confused.gif

Not true, I thought the way it was implimented (sp?) in GTA:SA was fine... a bit restricting obviously, but it did the trick considering the options. (none, or share a screen)

I'd rather have that mode back than to not have any local multiplayer at all.

Good thing all my good friends play Xbox on a daily basis. If anything, I'd at least hope for System Link/LAN support.

Not true, I thought the way it was implimented (sp?) in GTA:SA was fine... a bit restricting obviously, but it did the trick considering the options. (none, or share a screen)

Agreed. It was still fun and most of all, it worked.

Good thing all my good friends play Xbox on a daily basis. If anything, I'd at least hope for System Link/LAN support.

Agreed. It was still fun and most of all, it worked.

Yeah but not because your friends own an xbox means everione does.plus taking your xbox all the way to your friend's house is too much of a hassle anyway.(it's easier to just have 2 controllers,btw bored.gif )

• 3 weeks later...
krammkracker

Anyone else want this feature back? Or have we come to a point where we would rather play online with strangers instead of with actual friends in real life?

Anyone else want this feature back? Or have we come to a point where we would rather play online with strangers instead of with actual friends in real life?

Playing hours of gameplay with real life friends opposed to online strangers doesn't exactly make playing games any ," Cooler".

With that said, I too agree that there should be some local multiplayer or at least local multiplayer included for some of the mini games like in GTA IV when going bowling, pool etc it would of been cool if you could have another person or 2 join you with a controller.

I definetly want local multiplayer. Preferably split screen, but if they have to do it SA style, so be it. Better than nothing right?

The local multiplayer option was a great addition in San Andreas and it should definitely return. I remember cruising around the city with my buds as we ran away from the cops. Those were some good times and hopefully they will make a comeback.

They really need local multi player. I would prefer split screen but I'd take the San Andreas style if that's all they can offer.