GTA V story

IamReaper

krammkracker

Doesn't matter, just so long as its not as repetitive and boring as GTA IV's story.

What interests me about these games is the things to do besides the main story. (mini-games, car customization etc.)

Maxsbigbro

tbh i love stories that start with someone who is at the lowest they can be and fight their way up the old way w/ fists and guns. but for gta v something that could be nice is someone who has all they need to live comfortably and then something happens (like their entire family dies or they go bankrupt in an unstable econmy) and they have to try and regain all they had before (maybe thats been done before in another game?)

TrevorSpeed914

I still want Vice City years after '86 as a run down, once was, kinda town. Same map, new characters (Maybe an aging Vercetti), and no neon.

I'm sick of the story of a thug who rises to the top. GTA IV did it right with Niko staying a Thug, who was a little bit richer because of a bank robbery. Something every petty thug dreams of doing at least once.

So I want something to do with tragedy. Kind of like Niko's story. Only instead of getting revenge for something that happened 10 years ago I want it to be a lovers revenge kinda thing. Like say this guy is out with his girl or brother or best friend or something, and they happen to be the target of a hit organized by a high up mobster/thug/corrupt politician because the main characters significant other/brother/friend got on bad deeds with that powerful person. So instead of sucking it up and destroying his life with drugs, alcohol and a bullet to the head he decides to exact his revenge. So he get's in contact with some of his friends contacts and the story starts.

Taking him on a journey across the state(I'm thinking of a map like Just Cause 2, with multiple islands and cities) of betrayal, love, sacrifice and death. Once the story finishes you aren't some powerful drug lord/mobster. Just an ordinary man who exacted his revenge, and in the process made some new friends, lost some old friends, and racked up a body count Stalin would be impressed by.

Oh and yes if I wanted to I could go into so, so, soooo much more detail. I like to imagine scenarios in my head and think them through from start to finish. This has been just one of many great idea's I've had, and i'm considering writing them down or something so in case I ever land a job in the video game industry or as a writer for some show or something I'll have some great Idea's stockpiled.

Doesn't matter, just so long as its not as repetitive and boring as GTA IV's story.

What interests me about these games is the things to do besides the main story. (mini-games, car customization etc.)

I 100% agree with you, as for the type of story i'd like to see, to summarise/generalize, i'd like to see a rags to wherever the individual players actions and/or choices leads them type story with a criminally inclined and ambitious(unlike every gta protagonist except tommy vercetti.) irish american protagonist in the irish mob set in New England.(Boston, Rhode Island, & vast country and woods in between.)

ioN-I have to say, I might not mind the gta 4 type of "theme"(which is a terrible idea for a gta/crime game, if you ask me in my opinion.) if R* got the rags to riches theme right 1st,(particularly in the gameplay, side mission, feature dept., and in most cases, - gta vc, the storyline dialogue dept.) which others games(certain elements in scarface, the warriors, godfather 2, hell even assassins creed brotherhood.) have demonstrated and applied in their games better than R* has in theirs.(R* gives the icing the others give you the cake without the icing.)

Now if they were going to do a rags to slightly better rags type of story(and if gta 4 would've displayed this) it would be nice if the protagonist was a lower to upper middle class soldier, or preferably, lieutenant in a criminal group or better yet a smaller time crime boss who would have to pay a more powerful criminal/criminal organization in order to operate,(peacefully and without being wiped out.) but that's another story.

Edited by Silentype

I'm sick of the story of a thug who rises to the top. GTA IV did it right with Niko staying a Thug, who was a little bit richer because of a bank robbery. Something every petty thug dreams of doing at least once.

So I want something to do with tragedy. Kind of like Niko's story. Only instead of getting revenge for something that happened 10 years ago I want it to be a lovers revenge kinda thing. Like say this guy is out with his girl or brother or best friend or something, and they happen to be the target of a hit organized by a high up mobster/thug/corrupt politician because the main characters significant other/brother/friend got on bad deeds with that powerful person. So instead of sucking it up and destroying his life with drugs, alcohol and a bullet to the head he decides to exact his revenge. So he get's in contact with some of his friends contacts and the story starts.

Taking him on a journey across the state(I'm thinking of a map like Just Cause 2, with multiple islands and cities) of betrayal, love, sacrifice and death. Once the story finishes you aren't some powerful drug lord/mobster. Just an ordinary man who exacted his revenge, and in the process made some new friends, lost some old friends, and racked up a body count Stalin would be impressed by.

Oh and yes if I wanted to I could go into so, so, soooo much more detail. I like to imagine scenarios in my head and think them through from start to finish. This has been just one of many great idea's I've had, and i'm considering writing them down or something so in case I ever land a job in the video game industry or as a writer for some show or something I'll have some great Idea's stockpiled.

I like how you want your protagonist to remain a thug and not become excessively rich. Keeping the story realistic (as they can given this is only a video game). Call me weird but I get into these stories! Lol if it's dramatic and could come off as a f*%&ing Hollywood script then I definitely into it