Half-Life 2: Episode 3

GTAIndonesia

GTAIndonesia

Halflife was an incredible game at 1998 it won 50 game of the year awards then come 3 expansions : Opposing force,,Blue shift and Decay then in 2004 Half-Life 2 is released followed by Espisode 1 and 2 . When Portal 2 was released in 2011 Valve was famous for it Delays but what about Episode 3..........

Known infos

-It will be set far from City 17, in some frozen waasteland

-mysterious G-Man secrets will be revealed

-Barney does not appear in episode 2, what about 3

well if you know more info, well........... post it

Reborn as Prince Gumball

This topic may get locked but whatever...

Half Life is the only hardcore FPS of this current generation. If the modern CoD player plays Episode 3, do you think they will like it? Just look what happened to Duke Nukem Forever.

When the f*ck could Valve count to three?

This topic may get locked but whatever...

I thought about it but, what the hell, I guess there's not anything wrong with it so it can stay.

BTW, here's the actual info, a bit more in-depth.HL2:Ep.3

38773_s.gif

I heard it's getting released at the same time Gabe reaches normal human weight

Might be waiting a while then.

I like many others, am egerly awaiting any snippet of information and new regarding either HL3 or HL2 EP3.

I think Ep 3 is gone, it'll be something bigger.  10 years almost since HL2.  Sequel is on the way prob.

People just call it Episode Three because they don't see it any different from Half-Life 3. It's kinda like the way we call the next GTA 'GTA V'.

To me, Episode Three and HL3 stand for the same thing; the next Half-Life game.

After seeing the quality of the character and story presentation in Portal 2 (as well as Borealis reference) I'm even more anticipated for the next HL. It will truly be the greatest singleplayer FPS game ever released if Portal 2 is anything to go by.

Apparently, Gabe is lying down in his office with with a snail at one side of his stomach and the next HL at the other side. When the snail finally makes its way to the disk the game will be released, but every time someone makes a Gabe fat joke, he eats a sandwich and gets fatter, hence taking the snail longer.

In conclusion, we will never see the next Half-Life.

I hope Alyx dies in this one. She was annoying the Episodes. I'd prefer to roam around on my own like in HL2, and discover things, rather then have the devs use Alyx to shout "HEY GORDON LOOK AT THIS".

also, less time looking at NPCs doing cool stuff. Episodes were terrible at this. Alyx and co climbed walls, used super computers, teleported, used snipers, talked and stuff while Gordon was standing around punching holes in a wall with a crowbar.

I hope Alyx dies in this one. She was annoying the Episodes. I'd prefer to roam around on my own like in HL2, and discover things, rather then have the devs use Alyx to shout "HEY GORDON LOOK AT THIS".

also, less time looking at NPCs doing cool stuff. Episodes were terrible at this. Alyx and co climbed walls, used super computers, teleported, used snipers, talked and stuff while Gordon was standing around punching holes in a wall with a crowbar.

How... how do you not like Alyx? Seriously? Aside from the fact that she's easily one of the best female protagonists in a videogame, she's also, and I'm not afraid to say this for fear of falling to the CC level of creepiness (femshep), literally, the only videogame character I'm fully and completely willing to admit that I found absolutely, insanely attractive.

She was, as far as I'm concerned, the realest feeling character in a videogame I've ever encountered.

Edited by The-King

Half Life is the only hardcore FPS of this current generation. If the modern CoD player plays Episode 3, do you think they will like it? Just look what happened to Duke Nukem Forever.

What? Half Life is 10 times the game Duke Nukem Forever is. If the modern CoD player plays Episode 3 you know what'll happen, they'll probably like it and do you know why? Because it'll be good.

Slightly more on topic, I like many am awaiting any piece of news on the game but also think that it's been so long now it's most likely became a whole new game in it's own right.

Edited by gta_king

Adam Jensen

I don't think there will be Episode 3. I think they are working on Half Life 3 on Source 2 engine. And I think it's going to melt our brain. Well, a guy can dream, right?

How... how do you not like Alyx? Seriously? Aside from the fact that she's easily one of the best female protagonists in a videogame, she's also, and I'm not afraid to say this for fear of falling to the CC level of creepiness (femshep), literally, the only videogame character I'm fully and completely willing to admit that I found absolutely, insanely attractive.

She was, as far as I'm concerned, the realest feeling character in a videogame I've ever encountered.

I liked her in HL2. She was a cool chick or popped up a few times and you felt attached to, even fought along side, but wasn't pushed down our throats and the player was allowed to find out stuff on their own.

In the EP1 she is with us the WHOLE GAME, and it feels like the devs are only using her so they can get her to say "LOOK AT THIS GORDON" and show something cool and then have her explain it. Most of the stuff in HL2 we figured out for ourselves, but having Alyx point stuff got tiresome. She got annoying, too, with her being in EVERY SCENE and getting PUSHED DOWN OUR THROATS all the time.

It was mostly the same for EP2, but we did get some nice breathing space every once and while, like the caves or the final battle. She was still there a lot of the time though.

I'd rather the series go back to HL2 style. There are still NPCs like Alyx who we feel for and like and whatnot, but most of the time, we're alone. Take the beginning of HL2. There isn't anyone going "HEY GORDON, THESE PEOPLE ARE BEING OPPRESSED!!" The player could figure it out for themselves, and it was like this for most of the game. It worked really well.

But I thought Alyx made the episodes more lifelike. She kind of worked like the voice of Gordon. Unlike some FPS games (who attempt to have a serious and compelling storyine) where you have the protagonist talking (which is in most cases utter sh*t) this worked well in the recent Half Life installments.

And yes, I liked the fact that there wasn't too much 'talking' in Half Life 2 apart from some conversations with NPC's and encounters... you really got the feeling that Gordon is a mute f*ck which sometimes bored the hell out of me. Yes, gameplay was amusing but it didn't contribute much to the atmosphere. I atleast got the feeling of this black hole if you were playing a long piece of just shooting the hell out of everything. Some communication with NPC's would've been nice.

They did a good job putting Alyx as a certain 'sidekick' in EP1 and EP2 I think. This way you get more the impression that Gordon is a person and not just some almighty ghost.

The Lolwut Pear

I know this is wishlist-esque, but I certainly wish they readded the original Xenian lifeforms from HL...Some Tentacles and Gargantuas would fit in well with the trench like enviorement sorrounding the Borealis, no?

I'm not afraid to say this for fear of falling to the CC level of creepiness (femshep), literally, the only videogame character I'm fully and completely willing to admit that I found absolutely, insanely attractive.

And I'm not afraid to say I have several Chun Li and Morrigan dojinshi on my comp

Find it funny that Morrigan always has a cock.

On the subject of Alyx, maybe it's because I only played HL2+episodes for the first time this year, so obviously things have moved on a lot since the original releases, but she just screams fanservice to me. Seriously, she's some young, attractive nerd girl who fawns over every single thing that the player does without them ever actually uttering a word. It's the kind of dream girl that a specific type of video gamer (who made up a bigger part of the market back in the earlier 2000s) fantasises about.

The whole father-daughter side of her story was pretty well done, but most of her interactions with the player just feel pretty cringeworthy for me.

To be honest, I was quite disappointed with the current HL2 trilogy after all the hype and stuff that goes on around the franchise. Don't get me wrong, it's a very good game but a lot of the parts of the game that it's constantly put on a pedestal for felt pretty good at best, and quite hamfisted at worst.

Edited by Robinski
user posted image

On the subject of Alyx, maybe it's because I only played HL2+episodes for the first time this year, so obviously things have moved on a lot since the original releases, but she just screams fanservice to me. Seriously, she's some young, attractive nerd girl who fawns over every single thing that the player does without them ever actually uttering a word. It's the kind of dream girl that a specific type of video gamer (who made up a bigger part of the market back in the earlier 2000s) fantasises about.

My bros playing through HL2 right now on the Orange Box, and looking at the game, I always echo the same sentiments. Paraphrased:

''Nigga it's a nerd DREAM ''OOOOH~ WE'RE ALL SMART AND DO SCIENCE BUT WE'RE ALSO THE HEROES THIS TIME!! MOLECULAR SCIENCE WILL SAVE US''''

No, really. ''Scientist saves the world'' is a far cry from the usual ''Rambo saves the world again and again''. It all reads like a nerdy fantasy.

I'm only joking, of course. But I'm not making this up either.

I just want the cute houndeyes back. Those things were adorable when they weren't gibbing everyone.

Jonesizzle

The Half Life series has been a game before its time. Playing as, I guess a young, Gordon Freeman from the original Half Life through Half Life 2 - Episode 2 has been a brilliant gaming expierence. Addding Alyx to the game is a voice for Gordon, and a good one and a good companion, a better one than that annyoing f*ck Barney. Try playing Half Life in early '97 when it was first releasing (actually the demo, crawling threw vents with head crabs flying at you and zombies slashing at ya) to this point where you are running around with Alyx, the daughter of a scientist you saved in HL1 and sadly watched get killed in Episode 2, I believe and saving the entire planet from complete combine invasion . Half Life is one of the greatest series of games I have played in my life (infront of the GTA series), and I would much perfer a Half Life 3 (a full game) than another episode after this long wait.

WUDSnYa.png

And continuing onto the subject of Alyx, I can't see why anybody would hate her.

To be honest, Gordon is just a dangerous mute lunatic. I have never felt any connection with him. But put Alyx by his side, and I'm able to justify Gordon as a character.

Valve did a great job at making Alyx a believable character. From her facial expressions to her shotgunning a zombie in the face, I just simply love her. I hate most of the solo parts in Half Life 2 and I was glad I had her as a companion in the episodes.

Now onto the big 3. Like GTAvanja said, I think all of Valve's games are gonna be made on the Source 2 engine from now on.

And could someone explain to me why the Borealis is so god damn important?

G The Generous

^the Borealis is owned by Aperture Science (yup,both HL and Portal story are connect). and people believe that inside that ship contain some sh*t that could save the whole human universe. you can read more here

Ehh was actually asking what's inside that ship.

This is one flaw of the story. They don't tell me to use or destroy whatever is in it but they don't tell Gordon, or the player, what's in it.

Was it mentioned in Portal 1? I only played through that story once.

G The Generous

no one know for sure.i still have no idea why they expect so much on that ship when they have no idea what the hell is in it.

but whatever it is, the Combine is chasing after it too if i not wrong. in the original beta HL2,that ship is just simple a ship that transport Gordon to Kraken base,so i'm believe that ship is not really a big deal in Ep 3 after all

It has something to do with teleportation technology. The Borealis was built in an underground dry dock in Aperture Science Labs and just straight up disappeared out of the labs, taking half the dry dock with it in the process. The teleportation technology is so important to both sides because it could easily tip the balance in the war.

user posted image

Ehh was actually asking what's inside that ship.

From the blueprints seen, it contains many pieces equipment from Aperture such as the turrets, Unstationary Scaffold and Emancipation Grills. The blueprints are also signed by GLaDOS.

Thing is, I doubt these blueprints are considered canon since the drydock was found in the 70s section of Aperture, an area used before GLaDOS was even created. The blueprints also use the modern Aperture logo instead of the 70s version.

Now that you mention it, I think GLaDOS has something to do with the Borealis.

Maybe she discovered that Cave Johnson ditched that project so she just continued on with it? But somehow it just disapeared while she was busy working on it?

Forgot to mention this. Episodes achievements are f*cking hardcore! Really hoping there's no 333 grubs to crush in 3.

The Lolwut Pear

The Combine needs both the Borealis and Mossman's encoded message because both allow them to recontact the Combine Overworld, since they were left permanently cut off after the destruction of the chained citadel reactors at the end of HL2/Begginig of Episode One. The message contains the encrypted access code of the Overworld as Magnusson explains.

Now that you mention it, I think GLaDOS has something to do with the Borealis.

The problem here is that she never had access to the older Aperture Labs since she only established a visual connection during the Portal 2 co-op, and she can't actually control anything down there.

Guess we'll have to wait until hell freezes over to find out (DNF didn't freeze hell over).

And continuing onto the subject of Alyx, I can't see why anybody would hate her.

To be honest, Gordon is just a dangerous mute lunatic. I have never felt any connection with him. But put Alyx by his side, and I'm able to justify Gordon as a character.

Valve did a great job at making Alyx a believable character. From her facial expressions to her shotgunning a zombie in the face, I just simply love her. I hate most of the solo parts in Half Life 2 and I was glad I had her as a companion in the episodes.

I must be the opposite then, because whenever other people are around, I can't seem to connect with Gordon. All these characters are having cool conversations and I want to join in, but I can't because I'm a mute. I never notice I'm a mute when I'm alone because there isn't anyone to talk to, so having an interesting character I can't talk to around ALL THE TIME kind of breaks my immersion with Gordon.

I don't mind short bursts with Alyx, just not the whole game like EP1. I've played through HL2 many times but haven't gone back to the episodes once.

So, more of HL2, please.

And also, I think going to the Arctic is going to be really lame, everything is going to be white. In HL2 and EP2, there were a nice range of colours and the environment was really interesting, but the arctic is just white, everywhere.

I must be the opposite then, because whenever other people are around, I can't seem to connect with Gordon. All these characters are having cool conversations and I want to join in, but I can't because I'm a mute. I never notice I'm a mute when I'm alone because there isn't anyone to talk to, so having an interesting character I can't talk to around ALL THE TIME kind of breaks my immersion with Gordon.

I don't mind short bursts with Alyx, just not the whole game like EP1. I've played through HL2 many times but haven't gone back to the episodes once.

So, more of HL2, please.

And also, I think going to the Arctic is going to be really lame, everything is going to be white. In HL2 and EP2, there were a nice range of colours and the environment was really interesting, but the arctic is just white, everywhere.

However there can be ruins and such, making one speculate on what happened. That's one of my favorite things from hl2, findig pictures etc that make me ask why, when and what happened.

L71cGcK.png

And could someone explain to me why the Borealis is so god damn important?

It's a ship that was involved heavily in the Aperture Science teleportation experiments that suddenly went missing. You find out that the Combine located it in Episode 2, I believe, and they were trying VERY hard not to let the resistance find out that they knew about it.

kdr9l4.png