Summer Madness!

Mister Pink

Mister Pink

I don't think I've seen a topic this year strangely enough. Anyway, where are you lot going this summer, those of you that are lucky to get away? Last year I went to Electric Picnic Festival and then Lisbon, Portugal. Had a ball. No festivals this year but something else...

I'm really excited now that after much drunken chat about it, herself and myself have booked our tickets to go to Barcelona. I can't wait. But that's not it. We're going head to Valencia and outside it, Buñol for the 2011 Tomatina festival or tomato throwing festival. It's the worlds largest food fight. To kick off the fight people have to climb up a greasy pole to get the ham off the top. When that happens everyone mills each other with Tomatoes. We're meeting some friends from Spain that we met here and then gonna get wrecked in Barca and Valencia.

user posted image

user posted image

Beautiful high-res shots here....

http://blogs.wsj.com/photojournal/2009/08/...s-red-all-over/

Anybody doing anything interesting this year?

Edited by ThePinkFloydSound

Wow, that looks awesome!

I'm flying out to Seattle July 8th to visit my gf. I've never been there so I'm excited to see the scenery of the Northwest as well as the sights of the city

I'm off to Greece in August with SWMBO for a week, doing my PADI qualification out there too.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Mister Pink

Wow, that looks awesome!

I'm flying out to Seattle July 8th to visit my gf.  I've never been there so I'm excited to see the scenery of the Northwest as well as the sights of the city

I was looking at some photos in and around Seatle and Vancouver the other day for a possible trip next year. Looks really nice around there.

@sivispacem: I had to google SWMBO lol. Greece, sounds nice. Hope it calms down there before you go!

I'm off to Greece in August with SWMBO for a week, doing my PADI qualification out there too.

I hear Greece has a lot of clubs. Personally speaking, I always wanted to see the old temples. Like the Acropolis and such. The historical sites are far more enjoyable to me than the other stuff.

Are you hoping to see anything cool out there? Or will it be constant work?

Mister Pink
Also the food in Greece is supposed to be lovely!

Just got back from a 2,633.3 mile road-trip to Electric Daisy Carnival, Vegas. Truly a fantastic experience, a giant collection of some of the greatest artists in EDM and just an overall mindblowingly engrossing experience.

Six stages, three days and more good vibes and dancing than you can possibly imagine.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I didn't actually take any of those pictures, just using them for reference.

For the first time in nearly a decade I have no summer plans. At all. I couldn't be happier about it. Actually, I'd really like to go Pamplona and watch the running of the bulls and get hammered with American and British expatriots, but you can win 'em all. Just going to chill out and take things as they come this year.

Yq5y51Y.png

Mister Pink
For the first time in nearly a decade I have no summer plans. At all. I couldn't be happier about it. Actually, I'd really like to go Pamplona and watch the running of the bulls and get hammered with American and British expatriots, but you can win 'em all. Just going to chill out and take things as they come this year.

My brother ran one year. I'd say it's brilliant but I don't think I'd be too in to participating. Especially with my lifestyle right now, lol. Too many burgers and alcohol.

user posted image

I've already had my holiday for this year, went to Magaluf with some mates I've known since school. Was pretty much your standard 19-year old lads go to clubbing destination fare to be honest. Here's what I wrote in the LFM forum upon returning so you can get an idea:

Was in BCM a few times. Don't remember most of them, but apparently I saw Alexandra Stan one night and Dave Pearce another, who had something to do with Radio 1 'cos the logo was plastered all over the leaflet. I know I didn't see Chase and Status, because I'd have made sure I wasn't blind drunk due to my undying love for them. Did see the Wombats at Mallorca Rocks though, which was a laugh.

But yeah, the whole thing was amazing. On the first night, just hours after arriving, we had one lad:

1) Decide to throw a full pint glass at some police

2) Throw away his own shoes (because he was determined that they were someone else's, despite taking them off his feet to throw them away)

3) Tell us we were "never going to see his face again" and run off, only to be tackled by a more sober member of the group

4) Got felt up by 3 prostitutes at once offering a foursome.

5) Cry himself to sleep for no reason he could tell us the next day.

And that was just what I remember of one lad on the first night, it only got better really

EDIT: I was hoping to hit up Leeds Festival again this year, but I'm too short on cash. This would've been my third year in a row too. I can't recommend music festivals enough to anyone who hasn't done one, Leeds/Reading is especially good if you're not too into mainstream pop acts but alternative and rock acts instead (as opposed to say, Glastonbury, T in the Park or V Fest).

Edited by Robinski
user posted image

I hear Greece has a lot of clubs. Personally speaking, I always wanted to see the old temples. Like the Acropolis and such. The historical sites are far more enjoyable to me than the other stuff.

Are you hoping to see anything cool out there? Or will it be constant work?

I'm going to be on Kefalonia so there are a few interesting sites, but I'm pretty much done as far as any non-university work goes so it's relaxing time. SWMBO is also doing her PADI at the same time so she won't be able to whinge about me not being around all the time either. Besides that, it's going to be some well-earned relaxation time, lots of Metaxa, locally produced wine and as much Souvlaki as I can eat.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Since I've got lots of work to do for university, I'll most likely spend most of this summer in my appartement learning descriptive statistics, microeconomics, management accounting and stuff like that.

icon13.gificon13.gif

I'm doing nothing this summer. Just going to relax and play some football cool.gif

I Love Anna Kournikova

Goin to Condo in Pismo Beach CA in a few weeks.

Turning 21 on July 8th. And thats a big deal in the states.

Lot more sh*t planned but i cant remember what it all is. confused.gif

R2ZHo4B.png

SF Giants 2010 - 2012 - 2014 World Series Champs

I work 45 hour weeks, so thats going to play a big part of my summer. Not going to school in the fall so I got plenty of free time until the spring. My plans are going to a few concerts, going drinking with friends, hazing in the sunshine, mountain biking, sketching, reading and on the last weekend of August I am going to Los Angeles

user posted image

user posted image

Not long now...

Went to Soni last year in Poland - the Big 4 are an amazing sight.

user posted image

Mister Pink

Sonisphere

Not long now...

Make sure you go to catch these guys...

@ILAK: Enjoy your 21st. You only have it once!

Edited by ThePinkFloydSound

Finishing off my last month of volunteering with a company called American Conservation Experience. Don't really enjoy the work though so I'll be glad to see the back of it. Spent the last 2 months traveling to California and doing things around San Diego going to the zoo. Lots of road trips, Lake Powell, Lower Antelope Canyon, Monument Valley. I kind of want to go to a lot more places but I really can't stand going on a road trip with so many people that start to annoy the sh*t out of me on day 2. I'm going to wait until I'm 21 and then come back to the US and travel around the southern states and hit up Michigan and other states from all the friends I've met here. Plus it doesn't look like Vegas is going anywhere until I'm 21. Although since I'm 21 in September that might have to wait until next summer when I have some money saved up.

I have some awesome pictures though of on projects and days off. I'm glad I'm here just for all of the different people I've met along the way, especially the friends I've made.

I already went on my vacation in May to Europe. I ventured around the cities of Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona, Lyon, Geneva, Zurich, Milan, Rome, Florence, Pisa, Venice, Ljubljana, Zagreb, Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Krakow and Warsaw. It was a tight and somewhat fast-paced 26 days, but I sure as hell enjoyed it.

I'm also going to St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador (East Coast of Canada) for a physics conference next month to present a poster. Newfoundland and Labrador is the only Canadian province I haven't been to yet, so on my free time from the conference, I'll probably explore St. John's a little bit.

clEsyRO.gif

Wow, that looks awesome!

I'm flying out to Seattle July 8th to visit my gf.  I've never been there so I'm excited to see the scenery of the Northwest as well as the sights of the city

The Seattle Area is beautifully green... The traffic is a bit meh... better than NYC's and LA's by a mile but still crappy compared to smaller cities in the area like Spokane, Washington or Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

Still a great city... IDK if the MLS is playing but if they are i'd suggest checking them at Qwest Field CenturyLink Field. Place is INSANELY loud.

Make sure you go to catch these guys...

Well I'm a big Paradise Lost fan and the Sisters of Mercy come on straight after them so I'll probably stick around icon14.gif Gives me a legit reason to give Biffy Clyro a miss tounge.gif

user posted image

My summer vacations beggin in decmber so i dont give a f*ck to it now,just waiting some months bored.gif

Sadly, this summer is dedicated to interior house work. Plaster repairs, painting, floor sanding, and stuff like that. If I'm lucky, I'll have a few dollars left over for an autumn vacation.

We try to have at least one large party every summer, so we are still working that in. As always - you are all invited. No date is set yet, because currently our back yard is a dumping ground of construction crap, and the house is wrapped in scaffolding.

Trip, if I'm off work for your party, I am buying a flight and I am coming.

Chinatown Wars

Just went to pismo beach california twice...

Going to great america on the 28th of July

And finally going here next Sunday (MY BIRTHDAY!!!):

user posted image

[/happy]

I Love Anna Kournikova

Holy sh*t golf land sunsplash icon14.gif.

You from Sacramento?

R2ZHo4B.png

Chinatown Wars
Holy sh*t golf land sunsplash icon14.gif.

You from Sacramento?

Modesto, 2 hrs from Sacramento

Today was my second day working the shut-down at a local Bridgestone plant, which is a period of seven or eight days where they shut down the plant (go figure) and hire private contractors to replace the chains on the conveyors and dopers and such. Twelve hour shifts, and so far I've either been either pulling chain or cutting chain.

SUMMER FUN.

Slosten.gif

I Love Anna Kournikova
Holy sh*t golf land sunsplash  icon14.gif.

You from Sacramento?

Modesto, 2 hrs from Sacramento

Oh ok so like 3 hours from me then. Still one of the closer forumers to me.

You go to pismo a lot? It's an every summer thing for me. icon14.gif

R2ZHo4B.png