Health decreases in car accident

ABK

It would be more exciting driving car fast so i think that car accident should be made more realistically and sould be more harmfull

I think he may have created this topic as a discussion topic, and not as a wish. If so, I'll post my opinion. I believe that you lose health to a certain extent in IV when you go through the windshield. I actually have gotten killed a few times in car accidents in IV so I think it's alright because people just wanna floor it when they're playing GTA. I think the IV system works out well.

It's fine the way it is actually, I want to be able to see the dents i make and not die.

G1T

Yeah it doesn't need to be taken any further, the way it is in IV is fine. I actually enjoy crashing in GTA, especially when I hit the other car in its side hard enough to where it flips over and lands on a few nearby peds. I don't want to find myself respawning outside of the hospital after every major crash I'm in, this idea just sounds like it's a feature that will increase the realism, but decrease the fun in the process. Not a good idea imo.

if they did put it in there would have to be an option to turn it off

They should just allow the cars to take allot more damage after crashes and gunfire, the cars in IV made certain missions a joke as bullets barely your car. Remember that mission in Vice city where you had to save Lance, your car would literally blow up within 10 seconds If you tried to drive through there, the mission was hard as hell but ultimately rewarding, which was a feeling I rarely got while playing IV's missions.

And there should be Air-bags in the car that would take less HP in a car accident.

Maybe they could have a seat belt, you press a button to put it on but it takes about 2-3 secs. If you crash and you were really speeding and you have your belt on you take a little bit of damage. If you don't have it on you sustain a lot of damage, and have a high chance of flying through the windscreen.

But you can only put it on when you first get in the car, not when you're driving. So this means if you're stealing a car trying to get away from the cops you probably won't have time, and so it makes it more exciting when your getting chased. But if you have a bit of time you can put it on and feel nice and safe.

I think these are great ideas. It could be like if you're in a modern car with airbags you only take a little damage when crashing, in older cars with no airbags but with the seat belt on you take a bit more damage, but you don't die (from full health) or go flying out of the windshield until you're in an old car with no airbags and no seat belt on. It would really put you on the edge of your seat when driving fast and recklessly, especially when driving the rubbish cars.

its fine the way it is because it would be a bit tedious buying hotdogs and burgers every 5 minutes due to car accidents...

HipHopHeadSeb
its fine the way it is because it would be a bit tedious buying hotdogs and burgers every 5 minutes due to car accidents...

if thats what u have to do your obviously sh*t at driving

Hmmm... The topic's creator got a point... but anyway i only agree with the idea if you crash your car ONLY at a high speed, that way it could make some sense to me. But if R* is going to implement something like this, then i would only buy the game for PlayStation, 'cause I'm a really good driver (i guess... turn.gif ) when playing games in PS... so maybe i could avoid hitting my car as i can control vehicles better or PS than i do on PC (it's only a matter of experience...).

Crashing isn't good driving, I am all for increased player damage in cars because it would make you drive better or drive slower. I'm not the best driver but it would encourage me to practise a lot more. Crashing at 100mph, still being able to drive the car and take no damage isn't much fun.

If the handling on the cars was a bit more realistic and the corners on the motorways weren't so tight it would help a lot. I know GTA is set in america and people enjoy busting the american's chops over their vehicles cornering abilities but I would expect the euro boxes atleast to handle better. My IRL car can take corners without scraping the door handles on the floor and it will do tight corners at a nice speed without under steering into oblivion .

nO THANKS MAN.with the retarded drivers in GTA plus the fact that I try to go as fast as I can on every vehicle,I would be respawning at the hospital every 10 minutes...(plus think about the missions with high speed chases,they would be a lot harder)

With GTA's new damage model, crashing is more fun than ever, this would take that joy of seeing how scratched and bent out of shape you can make your car. So no way in hell do I want this.

Nor health regen...

G1T

I agree with the OP. There's no danger at all while in a high speed chase. If I crash, so what? I MIGHT fly out the wind shield and lose a fraction of my health. I'f I'm going full speed and crash head on into traffic, or a tree, I want there to be a very high chance of death.

Racecarlock

Why? Mafia 2 already has it, plus I DON'T LIKE HAVING TO DRIVE RESPONSIBLY! I'm the kind of guy who will drive a hummer off of a cliff in Just Cause 2 to see how many flips it will do. I already fly out of the windshield in IV constantly. And of course people say crashing is not good driving. Well, I don't want to have to drive well. I never do anyways. I drive badly all the time on purpose and crash into things because I can. But I guess some of you guys just don't want to have any kind of fun anymore, as evidenced by the people who also want traffic laws put in.

Why? Mafia 2 already has it, plus I DON'T LIKE HAVING TO DRIVE RESPONSIBLY! I'm the kind of guy who will drive a hummer off of a cliff in Just Cause 2 to see how many flips it will do. I already fly out of the windshield in IV constantly. And of course people say crashing is not good driving. Well, I don't want to have to drive well. I never do anyways. I drive badly all the time on purpose and crash into things because I can. But I guess some of you guys just don't want to have any kind of fun anymore, as evidenced by the people who also want traffic laws put in.

Yeh you're right. Most of us don't even do the missions, we just drive around for hours on end obeying the laws and if we get too excited we have to turn it off at the plug and smack ourselves. If it was up to me there would just be one long continuous road with a petrol station dotted every 1000 miles. And even though there are no police and it's perfectly suited for drving fast, I would always, ALWAYS observe the speed limit.

GTA should be GTA, not GTA Mafia______. I've played Mafia, didn't play Mafia II because I knew there were gonna be restrictions. Driving style? I prefer San Andreas style driving. I like the falling out of a windshield in IV, as well as the crash damage. Nothing past that for GTA.

Racecarlock

Yeh you're right. Most of us don't even do the missions, we just drive around for hours on end obeying the laws and if we get too excited we have to turn it off at the plug and smack ourselves. If it was up to me there would just be one long continuous road with a petrol station dotted every 1000 miles. And even though there are no police and it's perfectly suited for drving fast, I would always, ALWAYS observe the speed limit.

Ok monty python I get your sarcasm but if you drive wildly why would you want to be forced to drive responsibly at the threat of health loss? Why would you want responsibility forced on you like that? I get that there are hardcore simulation fans here, but do you really want to be forced to obey the speed limit or die?

Fun is different to many people, I can honestly say that crashing was fun to me... Until I was about 4 maybe 5 years old. Rockstar are making a game for adults here and I'm fairly sure that anyone who is legally old enough to buy the game thinks the crashing is pretty cool but ultimately, is a bi-product of being crap rather than the only thing to do.

GTA IV does have the most impressive vehicle damage I've ever seen in a game but it re-enforces my play style. I like to drive the cars racing round, doing stunts, evading police and keep the car in relatively good condition. I enjoy driving like I'm in a movie rather than a crash test clip. If we had increased player and vehicle damage in crashes I feel it would add more suspense to chases and make the game more exciting. Not to mention the need for customising cars to be safer (roll cage, helmet, fire extinguisher)

Edited: shorter post

Edited by NutsAndy

Ok monty python I get your sarcasm but if you drive wildly why would you want to be forced to drive responsibly at the threat of health loss? Why would you want responsibility forced on you like that? I get that there are hardcore simulation fans here, but do you really want to be forced to obey the speed limit or die?

I used to drive around like a maniac in IV as well, I'd drive as fast as I could and power slide round corners etc. But I didn't crash too often because I drove good and was careful to a degree. If I did crash it usually wasn't too bad because I'd slam on the brakes and not smash into something at full speed. I wasn't an amazing driver, probably just average.

What we've been saying all long is you only lose a lot of health when you crash at a high speed, not every little crash. So if you're going nearly max speed in a turismo and you hit a wall you should probably die or at least lose a very significant amount of health. If you do that and walk away with no scratches then it would be pretty stupid.

How is your example of wanting to crash into everything with no worries of health loss different to someone who wants to run around shooting everyone but not take damage from enemies? People who want a normal experience, and enjoy immersion and a challange shouldn't be punished because you want to mess around, just use the cheats that's what they're there for.

Taking critical damage in serious accidents is fine by me. As long as I'm not going to be losing a bit of health here and there for every streetlight or fence I go through.