Taxibugfix.asi doesn't work with GTAIV v1.0.7?

desertfox11194

desertfox11194

I, like everyone else, has been battling the taxi bug since I began installing car mods into GTAIV. However to this date I've found no fixes that work. I eventually found the taxibugfix.asi, (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=464013), and it's the first one I've come across evidence its not actually working. There's nothing in the scripthook logs, which means its NOT being loaded. I have GTAIV v1.0.7 and am using the 0.5.1 scripthook. As far as I know, no other scripthook will support this version of the game, so how can I make this mod compatible with that version scripthook? Others in that thread had the same problem as me, but noone ever posted a solution...

Just an FYI, I'm not seeing Scripthookdotnet.asi being loaded either. However, the trainer and first person mods both load fine...

EDIT: I don't think any of the traffic mods I've ever installed have been loaded, since scripthookdotnet.asi isn't being loaded. Does anyone know what could cause that? Because I'd much rather get traffic control system working than the memory intensive .asi I made this thread for.

Edited by desertfox11194

Have you tried TrafficControlSystem or TrafficFlow from GTAPolicMods.com? Those are the two that I use together and you barely see any taxis.

desertfox11194

Yeah, I've tried them separately and together, and like I said I'm pretty confident they simply weren't being loaded. I'm reinstalling the .net framework now, in case that was causing the problem.

desertfox11194

Sorry for double post. I installed the .net framework again and now it is loading .net scripts fine. However with traffic control system, I don't see many taxis but 99% of the cars are what I'm driving. If I add traffic flow, it works fine, there's diverse traffic, but the map disappears after about 10 min of playing. Either the road textures turn solid low-res gray, or the map disappears entirely. No buildings or roads. Just water and sky. The roadside stuff will spawn like newspaper boxes and streetlights, but traffic and peds stop spawning and the mini map sometimes turns solid blue. This usually happens after I've paused the game, or after around 10 minutes if I haven't. It's worth noting that this has happened before I installed any anti-tax bug mods, but only twice. Now it happens any time I play.

• 10 months later...
Red Spider
If I add traffic flow, it works fine, there's diverse traffic, but the map disappears after about 10 min of playing. Either the road textures turn solid low-res gray, or the map disappears entirely. No buildings or roads. Just water and sky. The roadside stuff will spawn like newspaper boxes and streetlights, but traffic and peds stop spawning and the mini map sometimes turns solid blue.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but i have this issue too, is there any fix yet?

GTA (since several sequels now) seems to have a problem to get a realistic traffic . i say GTA but it may be a problem of hardware too . if you have too much differents cars/textures to load at a same time you get texture loading problems . i think that's why the "taxi bug" has been made for . under the pretext you may need to move easily across the city , a lot of taxi is given to you . VC and SA had already these problems you grabbed a car and you came across dozens of that car on the road confused.gif . the only solution is trafficload but you'll necessarily need a small vehicles.img size . the creator of trafficload says the script works perfectly on his install but he has a very small vehicles.img file . even with my reduced to minimum 297 Mo file i get textures bugs confused.gif

Edited by jpm1

• 1 month later...