PC controller input problems

gtathebest4ever

gtathebest4ever

I recently bought a Logitech Chillstream controller for PC (the one compatible with PS3s), and it's been working great, but I can't seem to "button-mash". In games like Bully which require quick tapping of buttons in mini-games, it won't register over half of my taps. I know I'm tapping quickly enough because I played the same game on PS2 and never had problems with this. Strangely enough, when mapping some controls in an application like "Xpadder", all of my taps seem to be recognized. Anyone know what I should do to fix this?

EDIT: I just mapped the "x" button on the controller to function like the Alt key in any application. In Bully, the alt key needs to be tapped in a mini-game. If I tap it on the keyboard, it works perfectly, but if I use the controller I get the same results as before. It's definitely the controller's fault then, but I'm wondering if it's something that can be fixed.

Edited by gtathebest4ever

Did you install any drivers that came with the pad? Have you looked in the settings of your game-pad to see if there's any button delay?

gtathebest4ever
Did you install any drivers that came with the pad? Have you looked in the settings of your game-pad to see if there's any button delay?

This controller is unfortunately well known for having little to no support from Logitech. So, no specific drivers for it, jut generic ones that Windows 7 installed automatically. Also, there doesn't seem to be any delay when testing the gamepad in the control panel. The only thing that comes to mind is that I'm tapping the button too quickly for the game to recognize the "spaces" between the taps, but if that were the case, I suppose the same would happen when using a keyboard, but it doesn't.