It's 38*C in my room

allhailkingryan

allhailkingryan

It's already a sweltering hot day, and I accidently left the heating on full power while I was out. When I came back at around 10PM, it was 42*C, so the temperature has dropped by 4*C. I am already following the basics on keeping cool. Any suggestions?: (I won't be able to sleep if it stays like this)

-I'm stark naked, apart from boxers

-My window is wide open

-I've got 2 fans running directly at me

-I keep wiping myself with a wet flannel and letting the fans evaporate the moisture

-I keep sticking my head in the minibar, although it keeps losing heat when I do that

-I have got a 2 Litre jug of icy water

OverTheBelow

Eat icecubes.

In a situation like that though, I'd probably be more worried about my computer. tounge.gif

DU8afL0.jpg

Don't just wipe your head with the flannel, sleep with it on.

You could also try washing your hair, going to bed with wet hair might even things out a bit. I have found this helps from time to time.

Have a cold shower? Usually helps me when Britain gets abnormally hot.

allhailkingryan
Eat icecubes.

In a situation like that though, I'd probably be more worried about my computer. tounge.gif

My computer's still cool, strangely enough. My dad had it for years, and he never switched it off, even if it was like 40*C in his attic. (We used to live in Australia)

-My window is wide open

-I keep wiping myself with a wet flannel and letting the fans evaporate the moisture

I cannot explain how or why, but I'm incredibly aroused by this.

7FTgFLB.png

allhailkingryan
Have a cold shower? Usually helps me when Britain gets abnormally hot.

I tried that earlier, but I'm a pussy so I decided to have a warm shower instead. Cooled me down though because I was sitting around in a towel with a draft from the windows and the fans. I dried my hair because it stinks if I don't

Have a cup of tea.

Don't look at me that way, it just... it just works, okay?

allhailkingryan

-My window is wide open

I cannot explain how or why, but I'm incredibly aroused by this.

It's dark outside and I've shut my blind, so nobody can see me. I used a different flannel to clean my pleasure juice.

Just to clear up any confusion

I Love Anna Kournikova
I dried my hair because it stinks if I don't

Ever heard of shampoo?

R2ZHo4B.png

SF Giants 2010 - 2012 - 2014 World Series Champs

allhailkingryan
Have a cup of tea.

Don't look at me that way, it just... it just works, okay?

would mint tea work? I could make some right now as I have some catmint plants outside my kitchen window

allhailkingryan
I dried my hair because it stinks if I don't

Ever heard of shampoo?

Yes, I use shampoo. But if I don't dry my hair, it gets this damp smell

It has been very hot today (I won't say too hot as I don't want to fulfil the British weather stereotype lol.gif)

I don't like tea myself but I'd try that as I've heard it is refreshing. What about putting something frozen or ice cubes wrapped in a tea towel in your "hot" areas...sit on them, armpits, soles of feet?

allhailkingryan
turn the heating off

That's a brilliant idea. I would never have thought of that.</sarcasm>

Anything hot should be fine. Again, reserve judgment until you try it. It works for me.

Yup, today's been very hot indeed. Which part of England are you in? Here it's been at around 30ºC I believe...

As to your heat problem, I guess wrap some ice cubes with a flannel and place it on your head. Should result in a satisfying manner.

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

No A/C?

38C=100.4F It's around 80 where I am. Finally stopped raining.

Just find something to distract yourself. Read a book or watch some Internet videos.

pkmTc.gif

Us Brits bitching about the weather again. Snow and a heatwave in the same year? What the hell do we do?!

Tis too hot to sleep mind you. Moist heat sucks. Sod living in SE Asia etc.

I remember my bedroom would get nearly that hot during the summer with my gaming PC always being on after hot days. It sucks. The only thing you can really do is either get an AC window unit or put some fans in there.

It's actually been pretty cool lately here in Illinois, but we were stuck in the 90s - 100s (32-38C) a few weeks back. That might seem like nothing for you few who live in hot, dry climates, but we get high amounts of humidity along with that which makes it unbearable and you start wishing it was hot and dry. =P

Edited by Zxirius

allhailkingryan

No A/C?

38C=100.4F It's around 80 where I am. Finally stopped raining.

Just find something to distract yourself. Read a book or watch some Internet videos.

Air conditioners are not worth the investment in England. I'm distracting myself with the GTA forums

I live in Nottinghamshire, for anybody who asked. I have also put ice cubes in my flannel. Very satisfying, actually

Edited by allhailkingryan

Wow wow.gif I live in Brazil and it's 18 degrees!!

Today has been ridiculous, it's been really mild lately. I woke up and could tell it would be a nice day, but then I step out the door and a wall of heat hits me. Hottest day so far by a mile. My room is only small and I've got my TV, PS3 and laptop on so it's baking me alive.

Well anyways I'm not opening a window otherwise the spiders will get me. No fan, can't be arsed to get a flannel or a cool drink. I'm just sitting in my leather chair which is clinging to me like a bitch, pool of sweat around my arse and only the cold touch of the radiator to cool my finger tips down for about a second before the effect wears off. I'm a glutton for punishment.

It's even been like 25C up in the west of Scotland today too, couldn't get a breath at all!

MindCorrupt

I always just think back on the times when I was laying bricks in 46 degree weather in the middle of bumf*ck nowhere, Western Australia. Just be glad youre not working in it tounge.gif

Keep cool by keeping your hair and shirt wet, tis the best way.

Spider-Vice

Crap, today here it was unbearable, almost 40 degrees, thank god I have the air conditioner but hell even the sky was brown, looked like the desert. confused.gif

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

If you have a linoleum floor anywhere in your home, go and lie on it in your underpants.

vertical limit

If you have a bath, fill all of it with cold water and just relax in it and if you get cold, return to the from and vice versa.

shred durst

SO hot here where i live right now... the combination of swamp ass and mud butt makes me want to shoot myself in the head most days. Not a day goes by where my taint doesn't get chafed and dingleberried. sad.gif

Pretty dope... and those shrooms were tight as f*ck.

vertical limit

Trust me when I say, Libya is waaayy hotter.