Video editor

NikoBellicGTAIV

NikoBellicGTAIV

Hello. The past month, I has missing textures problems. However, I got rid of missing textures and lags and the game runs just fine.

Last week I tried the video editor. I made a video of Niko and Roman having fun at a striptease club. However, video editor gudies say I have to "render" the video to finish. I don't know how to do that. There are three buttons that say "web", "720p" and "1080p". I can only use the web button since the others say my comouter can't export something of something. When I play the video to edit it, it runs just fine, but when I press the web button, it shows me the video with a lot of lags and textures take a lot to appear (weird because it's not gameplay, but a video), depending on the position of the camera.

I press the F6 button to save, but I don't know how to render the video.

Also, what is the gallery for?

And clips I save from gameplay are supposed to be saved at a Clips foulder. They do appear, but can't be opened because they are .VID and.TAG files, not recognized by the computer. Rendered videos are supposed to be saved at the render foulder, but it's empty (anyway, I don't think I have rendered any videos since I don't know how to do so) and in .wnv files. Instead, only .VID and .TAG files appear, and they are my videos because their date is the same. Some are opened by notepad, other can't be opened.

Could you please help me?

Your monitor resolution has to be minimal 1280*720 to render 720p and 1920*1080 to render 1080p.

Just to add to what ikt said, the clips are game only files. So all of your clips are there, it's simply data in a format recognized by the game (my San An Studios 4 mod does something similar with its Save system, though my mod doesn't catch all the random peds and cars - I like to joke that they stole my save system, when it's really just coincidental). So when you load your clips, it's taking the info from those two files, and recreating everything on the screen.

I think the gallery is for screen shots, though I don't recall ever using it.

I'm pretty sure the rendering is done internally; the couple of tests I DID do with it while testing IV Studios was to do all my shots in a low resolution (so the game could run on my lousy PC at the time) then change the resolution to something higher and render at 720p or better.

Please don't take any of this as gospel; it's been ages since I've done anything with IV, aside from playing it.

It'd be great if IV could render lossless AVI or something similar, as WMV isn't exactly video editor friendly. confused.gif

^^^^ there are some VirtualDub versions that can strip that freaking wmv container so you just direct stream copy the file to basic avi.

^^^^ Ooooo, nifty, I have a few different versions of VDub, will look into that, thanks! smile.gif