Majoras Mask N64

Vanzant

I have the Gold copy of Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and I also have the Gold copy of Majoras Mask for the N64. A few days ago I noticed that Majoras Mask has strange mold marks, little bit noticeable color mix (darkish lines) and areas of the cartridge that looks dented, but you can't feel them. Now at first I believed I just had a defective A-side (defective as in not internal game wise but external) copy that somehow was just overlooked by NOA Quality, but if you look at your own copy or look at pictures of the game on e-bay, ect. They all have those mold marks including the Not for resale copies.

I plan on e-mailing NOA about it, but I doubt I'll get an answer. I would like if us Gaming chat people came together to e-mail demanding an answer. I thought this would be a fun little mystery that us GTAF members would bring up. Before making this thread I tried looking up the issue myself but found nothing.

So reply and come up with your own theory of how this happened. Maybe the game was rushed and millions of defective gold copies of OoT A-sides were slapped on Majoras Mask? Perhaps that horrible 3D image sticker on front was designed to not make us notice such a terrible mistake in molding process?

fV9tG4b.gif

Just had a quick look my copy of majora's mask, and it too has those lines. Frankly though, it is a minor issue, the game work all those years ago, and it might still work now. I don't if my copy will still work since I haven't turned on my N64 since getting a PS2.

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

It's a great game. I just wonder why and how they allowed such defective and looking games to be sold. My friend thinks the Gold copy is millimeters bigger because of the paint. If that is the case than why does the OoT Gold copies look perfect?

fV9tG4b.gif

I remember when I had it, I saw the same marks. I don't remember if it was paint or not, but you could get that effect if the paint isn't mixed well enough and they dip the case to paint it.

Someone post a picture so we could have a good look.

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

user posted image

user posted image

The lines circled in Black can very lightly be seen in Grey cartridges yet highly noticeable on these Gold ones.

LINK There's a random cartridge scan from Yahoo images. You can see those mold marks better.

fV9tG4b.gif