A problem with angles and coords

fireguy109

I am working on a first person mod and I need to point the camera at a point exactly 200 units away from the player's car. I am using basic trig.

:Label950953 0001: wait  0 ms0054: store_player $PLAYER_CHAR position_to $XPOS $YPOS $ZME00AA: store_car $TEMP position_to $764 $763 $ZPOS0009: $ZPOS += 1.002F9: unknown_car $TEMP unknown_sinus $XANGLE 02F8: unknown_car $TEMP unknown_cosine $YANGLE0174: $ZANGLE = car $TEMP z_angle0086: $XPOS2 = $XPOS0086: $YPOS2 = $YPOS // $800 is the car's z angle as well, defined elsewhere in the script:Label95095F2 0086: $ANGLE = $800 02F6: $802 = sine $8000011: $802 *= 200 // 200 is the hypotenuse0086: $XAXIS = $802  02F7: $803 = cosine $8000011: $803 *= 200 0086: $YAXIS = $8030059: $XPOS += $XAXIS // Add the x value to your current position0059: $YPOS += $YAXIS // Add the y value to your current position015F: set_camera_position $XPOS2 $YPOS2 $ZPOS $XANGLE $YANGLE $ZANGLE // Current x/y/z position and rotations- put it there0160: point_camera $XPOS $YPOS $ZPOS 2 //point it at the points defined 3/2 above0002: jump @Label950954

When the script is activated, the camera just points east (90 degrees) and does not rotate when the car does (it moves N/S/E/W though, without turning, like moving a tripod but not turning it). It appears this is the default for cameras, as when the camera is not pointing anywhere it points east. I would really like to find out a way to make this work right.

Did I mess up my sine and cosine or is it something else?

EDIT: I can use GTA III opcodes only, and this is SCM not CLEO.

Edited by fireguy109

pkmTc.gif

But all that does is get the x and y angles for the camera, so if the car flips the camera flips too, etc.

Fixed that but the problem still appears. dontgetit.gif

pkmTc.gif

spaceeinstein

Try converting the angles to radians.

Nope, didn't work.

EDIT:

0160: point_camera $XPOS $YPOS $ZPOS 2

I'm playing around with different values for where 2 is, in the hopes of finding a solution. Using this as a guide-

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...0entry3915346

No luck so far with anything other than 1/2, and those don't fix it.

Edited by fireguy109

pkmTc.gif

Check this

link

lol.gif

Check this

link

lol.gif

I was hoping to make my own. confused.gif

I guess I'll just open it up and see how they did it. sad.gif

pkmTc.gif

Just wanted to show that there is an another way to do it.