Race: Military Service (inside LV airport)

Fatman_UK

Hey guys.

Halfway through "Military Service" a blinding yellow fog comes down. I can't see anything at all so I crash and die. Is this meant to happen?

(Hasn't happened on any other race - I've done them all apart from "Heli Hell".)

Thanks.

A fog? Are you using mods / trainers / attacking cheats? Where have you got the game from?

Dead (Retired)

Keep trying, I've had to do Barnstorming & World War Aces in the fog more than a few times. It's tough to see your way, I know. The fog is a random thing, so try again even at the same time of the day, you're bound to get a non-foggy run. One thing you could try during the Military Service race if it starts to get foggy is to quit trying to hit the coronas & gain a lot of altitude & then 'punch-out", deploy the parachute, your race will time out before you get to the ground & you will find your self back looking at the race menu.

Hope this helps.

I've had 'blinding' fog appear when the Game resolution had changed to x16 colour pallette. Check it and change back to X32 if it has become X16 for whatever reason.

Thanks for the advice guys, I did manage to do it without the blinding fog. Had to do it with the landing gear lowered though, it's too fast otherwise. wink.gif

@miromiro: I'm not using any mods, trainers or cheats. My GTASA is part of a value pack from Steam (GTA1, GTA2, GTA3, GTAVC, GTASA). Looks like the version 3 exe but it could be version 2. That seems to happen with Steam for some reason.

Can I trouble you to tell if you have 32 or 16 colour pallette?

D'oh - forgot to answer that one. I'm running at 1280x1024x32 (just checked). I must be the last guy in the world with a 4:3 TFT monitor.

Did anyone make a mod to upgrade the textures used in the game? Some surfaces look quite rough, a re-texturing would make the game awesome again.

Waltzing Mouse

D'oh - forgot to answer that one. I'm running at 1280x1024x32 (just checked). I must be the last guy in the world with a 4:3 TFT monitor.

Did anyone make a mod to upgrade the textures used in the game? Some surfaces look quite rough, a re-texturing would make the game awesome again.

You can't use mods with the Steam version (it's v3 btw) in any situation. It doesn't work, no matter what you do.

Pick up a cheap copy of v1 or v2 (downgrade it) on eBay if you want to mod.

In answer to your question, I did a fairly concise modding guide in the ENBSeries thread here: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...entry1060493288 - I'm going to be completing this guide and putting it on it's own site, similar to the way Knots did his Morrowind modding guide.