GTA 4 (pc) FPS

jainmanishindia

jainmanishindia

hey i need some help , i am running a core i5 2.5 ghz , 4 gb ram, ati radeon 5460 1gb, and playing gta 4 ,

is there a way i an increase my fps , i have tried decreasing the resolution and textures but it does not help

hey i need some help , i am running a core i5 2.5 ghz , 4 gb ram, ati radeon 5460 1gb, and playing gta 4 ,

is there a way i an increase my fps , i have tried decreasing the resolution and textures but it does not help

How much FPS do you get (use benchmark)?

Also, laptop or desktop? The video card isn't good enough, but here are some tips:

a) Turn Vsync off.

b) Lower the shadow Quality.

c) use "-availablevidmem 0.65" in commandline, it's the only one that I used and made a improvement in FPS.

3lIXKDi.png

This should be moved to Troubleshooting. Requested...

To give you a comparision, here my system:

Intel Q8200, GTX460 (latest drivers), GTA IV patch 1.0.4

With ENB mod I get around 30 FPS which is good playable. So you´ll need a quadcore for sure, also for playin I recommend as minimum a GTX460 or equivalent if you want to use high settings (even without ENB at all).

Try lowering your settings. Turning Vsync off makes no sense at all cause you will never get more frames than your refresh rate and this option does not decrease frames at all but you can try it. It may cause glitches or tearing though.

Shut off Shadow density (this was badly eating frames on my HD5770). Lower the shadows, even if it looks ugly. Try lowering the texture quality to medium or low (really not recommended). Lower the vehicle density.

I really recommend you to set view distance to 1, that really doesn´t affect the graphics next to Niko. Even on my GTX I can only use 20 for playin nicely. Set detail quality not higher than 50 (makes no sense to go higher).

If you use newer patches than 1.0.4 you probably need to go even lower with the settings because the newer patches are more performance killin than older ones.

Edited by NaidRaida

OverTheBelow
This should be moved to Troubleshooting. Requested...

With ENB mod I get around 30 FPS which is good playable. So you´ll need a quadcore for sure, also for playin I recommend as minimum a GTX460 or equivalent if you want to use high settings (even without ENB at all).

Try lowering your settings. Turning Vsync off makes no sense at all cause you will never get more frames than your refresh rate and this option does not decrease frames at all but you can try it. It may cause glitches or tearing though.

Shut off Shadow density (this was badly eating frames on my HD5770). Lower the shadows, even if it looks ugly. Try lowering the texture quality to medium or low (really not recommended). Lower the vehicle density.

I really recommend you to set view distance to 1, that really doesn´t affect the graphics next to Niko. Even on my GTX I can only use 20 for playin nicely. Set detail quality not higher than 50 (makes no sense to go higher).

If you use newer patches than 1.0.4 you probably need to go even lower with the settings because the newer patches are more performance killin than older ones.

His CPU is completely fine for GTA 4.

However his graphics card is definitely not. That is why the game is running badly. suicidal.gif

DU8afL0.jpg

YankeesPwnMets
rampage_ani.gif u could if u have the time try a re_install of windows and the game.

Can you stop trying to spread your non sense tips?

His graphics card is the issue here. Upgrading that should do the trick. Where did you get this computer from? (dell, hp, etc)

You know my system (signature) and I have about 15-20 FPS = my advice is to go for nVidia.

Yeah, just for IV turn.gif