Textures larger than 256 crash gta sa

Ken Murikumo

Ken Murikumo

I'm trying to get a 1024x1024 texture to replace a 256x256 textures for one of cj's outfits. Unfortunately my game crashes when i do this.

The texture works at 256, but looks awful. I tried using stream memory extender 1&2 and SA limit adjuster, but both did not work. Also, i'm running it on windows 7.

I fear the same problem when im going to modify a girlfriend (that uses a 256x128 texture) to a larger one

You guys know how to rectify this?

Edited by Ken Murikumo

all texture must be in same resolutuon...its mean if you resize a tshirt texture to 1024x1024 then you also need to resize all other textures to 1024x1024 include the player_torso and all tattoos..

Ken Murikumo

is it that specific bodypart, or those relevent to the dff (shirtb.dff in my case), or do i need to universally all change player items to have that resolution.

Also, some pants have 256x128 texture sizes. What about them?

for your case just set all of the torso texture in same resolution...but the pants no...

but if you want to resize one pants texture then you will also need to resize the other pants texture to a same resolution...

That's what I know

No , technically there is no problem to add a 1024 x 1024 texture in addition of other size texture ( they just have to cotain numbers 64 / 128 / 256 /512 /1024 /2048 , but you already know that )

I don't know why it crach and i don't think sa limit adjuster can rectify it .

My only advice is make sure you've got the last version of txd workshop ( 4.0 i think ) , i've a lot a trouble with big texture with older version .

But i've still got texture who's sometime load and sometime not but they didn't crash the game .

Try 512x512 too .

Ok , but can you explain ?

Is this because it switch and mixed textures with the three "normal ripped fat " textures ?

And if it's that , does it happen for all torso type clothes ?

Ken Murikumo

Nope, just that texture. I made a custom model to replace one of CJ's shirts. The texture resolution is 1024 (as opposed to 256) Any other clothing sets don't have a problem, but when i use the changing room to change into my custom shirt, the game crashes.

The only reason i thought the limit adjuster would work is because some people had problems with the high res packs for custom cars and stuff, but i ran a test to find that 1024 textures work fine with girlfriends and other peds.

I think it might be that the torso and tattoo textures (ones that potentially overlay/underlay the clothing texture) are obviously not the same rez.

But i don't want to spend two hours resizing all textures until im fairly certain that it would help.