GTA V development well underway

n2gether

It is not very unlikely that they will try to. Crush saints row.

Mafia 2? La noire

Call of juarez? Rdr

All of them are uncomparable, and TBH, I think Mafia 2's story is better, also it's comparable to L.A. Noire in the characters' facial expressions (but doesn't beat it).

3lIXKDi.png

Idk, I think a teaser/announcement on October 22nd (10 Years since GTA III) Is more likely than any of these other release dates.

Couldnt of said it better.

I definately expect something by then at the latest. if their adding mini-games surely then the foundations are in place, the story is coming along..also rockstar are known for not putting gameplay in their initial trailers, more cinematic and hyped up. So if for some reason a trailer HAD to be released in a week, i'm sure they could produce one no problem.

R* are obviously keeping their mouths shut for a reason, so the first official information is not going to be a massive reveal.

-

Edited by Marwin

L71cGcK.png

This thread is really an enjoyable Read tbh o.O, And i will sit and wait for R to release something, I expect it to be something no body would have originally come up with, and it will be obsecure something new, You know what R are like for GTA's There's nothing day later Website is fully developed with forums etc...., gotta give R credit, they know how to tease, advertise and build massive hype for there games

GTAWithStyle
Oh and to Laufas: Isn't the wait exciting?

The wait would be exciting if we actually had something to wait on. I think we all realize that a new GTA is absolutely happening, I don't think there's a single person denying that. But you can't really have anticipation for something that hasn't been announced, even if you know it's happening.. You need something too hype, an announcement, a countdown site telling us something will be revealed in 30 days, anything, a logo.. something like that would make the wait exciting, but waiting for nothing with simple knowledge that yeah some day a new GTA will come isn't exciting at all.

Yeah it's just not the same, all I can see in my mind's eye when I think of GTAV is an office building with people working on computers (GTAV being created)... we need a logo atleast for it to be REAL

It is not very unlikely that they will try to. Crush saints row.

Mafia 2? La noire

Call of juarez? Rdr

All of them are uncomparable, and TBH, I think Mafia 2's story is better, also it's comparable to L.A. Noire in the characters' facial expressions (but doesn't beat it).

Imeant that theycrushed other games in the same genre tounge.gif

Atleast time-era, western and 40's. And I agree with you, R*'s games are sick.

Mafia 2 isnt the same genre as LA Noire tounge.gif Neither CoJ to RDR. But still, I get what you're saying and completely agree with you 110%

I'd love a RDR 2 aswell...

Can't wait to see Agent, maby it'll be a Hitman crusher tounge.gif

It's great to know the game is well into development. It puts some of my worries aside.

It's Rockstar. It's their own jobs. They are not your slaves. Hell if they want to release the game in 2020 they will do as they please.

They are responsible to their shareholders [or stock holders] to make sure profits are being made. Yes, they do make other profitable games, but if they wait too long they won't have the backing of the corporation.

EVERYBODY has a boss, EVERYBODY.

READ THIS ARTICAL on how one game can hurt a company's profit. LA Noire also hurt their stock price... Because it sold 800,000 instead of 1.5 million like RDR.

Edited by DarrinPA

What I think R* is really doing, is NOT announcing the game. You're just gonna go to your local GameStop and find in on the shelf for $59,99. Not even the managers are gonna know about it. tounge.gif

(Just kidding, of course)

A sequel to Red Dead Redemption??  But.. why?

Did I miss something lol??

He's probably referring to my previous post where I said I wouldn't mind a RDR 2.

When they said "big one", I had a feeling the map is going to be like RDR's. The western map was bigger than San Andreas.

CubA_iLL_BrothA

Man the excitement around GTA V (Subtitle) gonna rock the Nation. SR3 has it's own cartoon style, shouldn't be compared with GTA serious.

And yeah, if they're in the final touches stage, why the hell wait until late 2012 to release it? Eh, fingers crossed.

According to what Team Bondi's Brendan NcNamara said about working with Rockstar on L.A. Noire, it's standard practice at Rockstar to spend a year fine-tuning a game after it's basically complete.

Look at the first trailer for Red Dead Redemption. A year before the game was released and it looks almost as good as finished.

READ THIS ARTICAL on how one game can hurt a company's profit. LA Noire also hurt their stock price... Because it sold 800,000 instead of 1.5 million like RDR.

I blame Duke Nukem Forever for most of that. Rockstar is not stupid at all and I don't think L.A. Noire is performing differently than anybody with a brain expected.

Duke Nukem Forever has nothing to do with Rockstar and is not really Take-Two's fault either, but unfortunately Take-Two is stuck with it as the publisher. There are too many people over too many years to know who to blame, but anyway, it's a big fail by the very high standards of what usually has Take-Two's name on it.

Kwandilibro
is possible that come out only for consoles? what do you think?

No. R* may not like the PC platform, but they're not going to f*ck al of their pc users that bad. They already give them a later release so pc users can blow extra money on the console version first.

I WAS WRONG
A sequel to Red Dead Redemption??  But.. why?

Did I miss something lol??

He's probably referring to my previous post where I said I wouldn't mind a RDR 2.

When they said "big one", I had a feeling the map is going to be like RDR's. The western map was bigger than San Andreas.

Ah, I misread your original post about a sequel to Red Dead being down the pipeline.

Sunrise Driver

They can kiss my ass then. I'd rather buy ShellShock 2 and Battle LA than GTA on cocksole.

MiamiVice1984

They can kiss my ass then. I'd rather buy ShellShock 2 and Battle LA than GTA on cocksole.

I guess its possible.. Becuse it seems like R* dont like PC very much LMAO! Midnight club L.A not on PC Red dead redemption not on PC L.A Noire not on PC. But i do think next GTA will make it to PC but 7 months later than the console version just like IV.

I guess its possible.. Becuse it seems like R* dont like PC very much LMAO! Midnight club L.A not on PC Red dead redemption not on PC L.A Noire not on PC. But i do think next GTA will make it to PC but 7 months later than the console version just like IV.

Not really, they still make multiplayer events and video editor contests (no more or on hiatus) for PC players.. but yeah, they treat consoles more than PCs

Not really, they still make multiplayer events and video editor contests (no more or on hiatus) for PC players.. but yeah, they treat consoles more than PCs

To be fair, PC Gamers kind of bring it on themselves, when Rockstar do an event on PS3/Xbox 360, they can get a load of games in and don't have that many problems. On the last PC event for GTA IV, most of the time was spent kicking cheaters and hackers who kept crashing the game by spawning Tug Boats everywhere and turning the gravity off.

To be fairer, the PC can kick the Xbox 360 and PS3 ass any day because it's power is much more superior than the consoles.

And hell, I'm a 360 guy dammit.

evh5150vanhalen

If i were a game dev i wouldn't release on pc either, piracy is alot bigger problem on pc then it is on consoles. That in turn would take down my profit margin probably to the point it wouldn't really pay to have a dev team work on the pc port to begin with.

Gentlemen, gentlemen. For those of you who do not want it to be release on PC, I present you these screenshots of the PC version of IV. (Sorry if there's a page stretch)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Now tell me, how could you not want those?

Sunrise Driver
If i were a game dev i wouldn't release on pc either, piracy is alot bigger problem on pc then it is on consoles. That in turn would take down my profit margin probably to the point it wouldn't really pay to have a dev team work on the pc port to begin with.

If I were a game dev, I wouldn't sh*t on PC gamers, I would optimize PC version, I wouldn't treat legit buyers as pirates + famous title "GTA" = nice PC sales like Fallout 3, BFBC2, Portal 2 and go on.

And how can piracy be a problem? People who wanna pirate the game they would do it on console anyway. Inb4 "it's not so easy to pirate on console blah blah" - it's easier and you can play the game 1-2 weeks before the release..

If I were a game dev, I wouldn't sh*t on PC gamers, I would optimize PC version, I wouldn't treat legit buyers as pirates + famous title "GTA" = nice PC sales like Fallout 3, BFBC2, Portal 2 and go on.

And how can piracy be a problem? People who wanna pirate the game they would do it on console anyway. Inb4 "it's not so easy to pirate on console blah blah" - it's easier and you can play the game 1-2 weeks before the release..

Let's be honest, We'd love every company to be like Valve, Portal 2 on PS3 was brilliant and optimised and came with a free copy of the PC version which yeah, the PC version rocks a lot because it's Valve.

-

Edited by Marwin

L71cGcK.png