GTA V development well underway

n2gether

Great find. I hope Rockstar will manage to develop a properly optimized PC version this time. Oh well, even if they won't, I'll still buy the game.

mikkenugent

This sounds great, I just find it odd that an article like this comes out just after the huge E3 let down. Hopefully it's true.

"It's the big one," they said.

Am liking the sound of this quote. IV was testing out all the new engine of the consoles, so it's no surprise that Rockstar want to go even further with V and produce a massive landscape with plenty to do. Just seems strange to be setting it in L.A (if rumours become true), since this means we'd be skipping VC in a way.

If what they say is true, and that R* are just adding the final touches, then surely we can be expecting some screens quite soon, say a couple of months?

Also, this will mostly likely be the last GTA of this gen, so they'll want to max out the technology. B

And yeah, if they're in the final touches stage, why the hell wait until late 2012 to release it? Eh, fingers crossed.

Bit off topic I guess, but could they carry over the current IV era onto next gen, or will they want to start again?

Bit off topic I guess, but could they carry over the current IV era onto next gen, or will they want to start again?

They could but they seem to have some patterns, including starting fresh on new consoles. But who knows, maybe the GTA IV era is already over and was only the 3 EFLC. They'll throw us a few GTA IV handheld games [like Chinatown Wars] and be done with it.

GTA III left a lot of stories untold so to extra games were needed. GTA IV wrapped up mpst their stories in the two DLC packs.

ON TOPIC: "The sources said a 2012 release was "pretty likely," adding that the game's scale was vast. "It's the big one," they said."

If they have taken this long [which it has been beyond normal] it better be the biggest place they ever created, with a lot of different enviroments. If it's a simple city game like LC they'll have no excuse for this delay.

Long_Haired_Boy
"It's the big one," they said.

Am liking the sound of this quote. IV was testing out all the new engine of the consoles, so it's no surprise that Rockstar want to go even further with V and produce a massive landscape with plenty to do. Just seems strange to be setting it in L.A (if rumours become true), since this means we'd be skipping VC in a way.

If what they say is true, and that R* are just adding the final touches, then surely we can be expecting some screens quite soon, say a couple of months?

Also, this will mostly likely be the last GTA of this gen, so they'll want to max out the technology. B

And yeah, if they're in the final touches stage, why the hell wait until late 2012 to release it? Eh, fingers crossed.

End it.

Next gen will start GTA V but that wont be until all next gen consoles are launch and the RAGE ENGINE IS UPGRADED AGAIN.

Something being worked on right now.

So yeah this is the last of the gen, Expect it to be a hell of a lot bigger than San Andreas. They are pushing for a trailer after the launch of Saints Row 3. Lol. PAYBACK!

It's good to finally hear something like this from a bit more reliable source. I have always thought that it's obvious that the game has been in production for a while, but confirmation never hurts.
Do you know the source?? Otherwise it is not reliable, come on guys. Sure Gamespot is pretty reliable, but we're talking about their sources of information here, not Gamespot itself.

Also, like someone pointed out, "well underway" doesn't necessarily means that they are almost finished with the game. No one knows when they started working on it, or how long it will take until they release it.

I think GDC, Gamescom, or PAX is most likely. So August should be watched.
I don't think R* will announce it in any conference. GTA is too... well, it's to "GTA-ish". It can't be shown alongside other games because it is unique and different from the majority of games out there. It's probably gonna be a Press Conference with a teaser video with a lot of explosions and ends with a date and no logo. Something discrete and mysterious. But that's my guess on how they'll announce V.

Great news. I honestly think that Rockstar will do a web based announcement a-la the website they did for GTA IV with the countdown and all of that. I don't think they'll announce it at an event.

"It's a big one"

I hope so.

Snake Without a Tongue
They are pushing for a trailer after the launch of Saints Row 3. Lol. PAYBACK!

That'd just be cruel. LOL

CubA_iLL_BrothA
It's good to finally hear something like this from a bit more reliable source. I have always thought that it's obvious that the game has been in production for a while, but confirmation never hurts.
Do you know the source?? Otherwise it is not reliable, come on guys. Sure Gamespot is pretty reliable, but we're talking about their sources of information here, not Gamespot itself.

Also, like someone pointed out, "well underway" doesn't necessarily means that they are almost finished with the game. No one knows when they started working on it, or how long it will take until they release it.

I think GDC, Gamescom, or PAX is most likely. So August should be watched.
I don't think R* will announce it in any conference. GTA is too... well, it's to "GTA-ish". It can't be shown alongside other games because it is unique and different from the majority of games out there. It's probably gonna be a Press Conference with a teaser video with a lot of explosions and ends with a date and no logo. Something discrete and mysterious. But that's my guess on how they'll announce V.

dozingoff.gif This

I guess for some of y'all it's hard to believe source when you see it right there.

wait isn't the playstation vita as powerful as an xbox? Wont that mean that we will see gta for consoles and vita?

Why do I get the feeling they are talking about RDR2? Seriously I'm 50/50 on this one. Though I rather much see a new RDR than a GTA any other day.

Whatever GTA it may be, pretty sure Gamespot and IGN would have already prepared to give it a perfect 10/10.

This Is believable but with all these "fake" articles It hard to believe for me but then again Gamespot are a brilliant gaming website.

Finally a reliable source altough there is no real suprise that its development is well underway.

Also the 2012 release date sounds likely, as I predicted trillions of times, I blieve the announcemet will come between August and December of this year with a release date somewhere around Q3 of 2012.

kgrogfefji82

If this is true, I wish Rockstar just quits the bullsh*tting and just announces it already.. I mean if this for once happens to be a legit leak, can't they just blow our minds with a trailer or something

f*cking do it rockstar, I'm tired as f*ck of waiting with literally no info on the game

I think this is some sort of a hint: "It's the big one," they said.

The Big One is a earthquake supposed to happen in California:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/08/21/...geologists-say/

Moreover, there is this movie, called The Big One: The Great Los Angeles Earthquake:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...ake&redirect=no

If this is true, I wish Rockstar just quits the bullsh*tting and just announces it already.. I mean if this for once happens to be a legit leak, can't they just blow our minds with a trailer or something

f*cking do it rockstar, I'm tired as f*ck of waiting with literally no info on the game

Damn you really sound like a douche.

It's Rockstar. It's their own jobs. They are not your slaves. Hell if they want to release the game in 2020 they will do as they please. Frankly, I wouldn't mind Rockstar taking their sweet ass time to develop a new GTA. Some developers struggle with developing their games with a limited time. Dragon Age II comes to mind.

MiamiVice1984

It's Rockstar. It's their own jobs. They are not your slaves. Hell if they want to release the game in 2020 they will do as they please. Frankly, I wouldn't mind Rockstar taking their sweet ass time to develop a new GTA. Some developers struggle with developing their games with a limited time. Dragon Age II comes to mind.

You my friend are the douche always talkin negatively piss off with that sh*t! Dont comment if u gonna be so goddamn negative. Like it or not it is about f*ckin time R* tells us something.

You my friend are the douche always talkin negatively piss off with that sh*t! Dont comment if u gonna be so goddamn negative. Like it or not it is about f*ckin time R* tells us something.

biggrin.gif

I'm surprised I'm the negative one. Couldn't keep a straight face. biggrin.gif

Compare my post to Laufas' and see who really is the negative one. Is it the one with f*cks for no apparent reason or is it the one with an actual reason?

But I know how you people are over the slightest of things so I should shuddup now before things escalates.

the hadoken nigga

i dont think we'll see anymore info except for teases and hints until max payne 3 is out, which i think will be 4th quarter this year. rockstar is just teasing us we already know its coming

DarK_MordreD

Moreover, there is this movie, called The Big One: The Great Los Angeles Earthquake:

might be right!

biggrin.gif

I'm surprised I'm the negative one. Couldn't keep a straight face. biggrin.gif

Compare my post to Laufas' and see who really is the negative one. Is it the one with f*cks for no apparent reason or is it the one with an actual reason?

But I know how you people are over the slightest of things so I should shuddup now before things escalates.

If you guys want to argue, take it to PM's please.

Kwandilibro

I can't see V being a PS Vita exclusive, or even port, this soon. I mean, even if it's an awesome handheld, it'll still take a while for the masses to actually buy it. I'd rather R* stick to developing with systems they already know well. In other words, stick to 360/PS3/PC.

I can't tell if you're joking or serious, I hope it's the first. I mean I like to be optimistic and try find some hidden meanings n stuff, but c'mon dude! Really?

Hey maybe when they say "well under way" they are reffering to something underground, wasn't there a big project in Boston to create an underground tunnel? A clue!

I can't tell if you're joking or serious, I hope it's the first. I mean I like to be optimistic and try find some hidden meanings n stuff, but c'mon dude! Really?

Hey maybe when they say "well under way" they are reffering to something underground, wasn't there a big project in Boston to create an underground tunnel? A clue!

Yes and it was called the Big Dig and if well under way means underground and digging leads to underground then it will be in boston!

Yes and it was called the Big Dig and if well under way means underground and digging leads to underground then it will be in boston!

but when you say Big Dig it depends on how far they dig, I am going all out and saying GTA V will take place at the center of the earth!!!

It's ok guys, me and killer6699 have solved it. We're going to Boston baby! Ok now obviously we deserve some kind of reward. I was thinking something llike a title "Kings of the forums" or "the amazing code crackers". In fact maybe even if it's not to much to ask we could be allowed special privelages to be able to swear at and insult the other forumites? Ok well as a start I think adressing us as "sir" is pretty fair, so from now on it's "Sir GTA_stu" and "Sir killer6699 (capital "S" is important).

I hope nobody throws us a surprise party wink wink. My feet feel a little sore as well, any chance of a foot rub? Btw my favourite type of chocolate is belgian.

Kwandilibro

Under Way could be referring to Wayside Correctional Facility in LA County. ZOMG OMG I FOUND TEH LOCATION!!!

Under Way could be referring to Wayside Correctional Facility in LA County. ZOMG OMG I FOUND TEH LOCATION!!!

OMG you must be a genius! Open a new topic about this. biggrin.gif