GTA V development well underway

n2gether

WhistleBlower
No PS Vita please, don't make me go out and blow $300 for a handheld.  Plus it (like every other release) f*cks the PC people.

You clearly don't know what it is that you're talking about. Sony priced the default version of the PlayStation Vita at 250 dollars. Also, to the guy that says this would be Rockstar selling out, that is quite possibly the stupidest comment I've read in a while. As I said before, the PlayStation Vita is on par with the PS3 so there's nothing to say that the next GTA will remain exclusive. It will always be a multiplatform franchise but that doesn't mean they won't continue releasing handheld titles as well.

Wow, $50? Good golly gosh, now I can afford to pay my mortgage for the next ten years!

You're welcome. sarcasm.gif

RadioactiveLobster

There better be a good (not half assed) PC version as part of that "Well underway" or my faith in Rockstar as a developer/publisher will completely be shattered.

yeh for the people who complain they think its soon, fine, so be it, wait a couple years to buy it while we all enjoy it, im sure at the end of the day you will overall be happy with the game although theres always people who need to nit-pick everything and dont comprehend this game wasnt made especially for them so you cant please everyone

Well tbh I wouldn't get carried away with it. It's easy for someone to just say "according to our source". But they don't list them do they, oh but of course they couldn't because it would compromise their source. Convenient that eh? You'll see it all the time in newspapers: "A source said "well I saw them leave the club and they were really rude and blah blah blah" " They just bloody make it up.

Also, note the deliberate ambiguity:

- "well under way" That could mean either 1 year into it, or only weeks away from completion depending on how you look at it.

- "pretty likely" Not just "likely", but "pretty likely". That means bugger all.

- "adding that the scale was vast" Compared to what? to the size of San Fierro? To the size of Liberty City? San Andreas?

- "It's the big one they said" Note how it's separated from the previous paragraph so it's not in context of the supposed vast scale. You could read it as "it's gonna be a huge map" or "this GTA is going to be a huge game in terms of impact" or you could read it however you want.

- "Unfortunately the source would not divulge any further details" What details have they even given us? There was nothing detailed about anything they told us.

Edited by GTA_stu

Well tbh I wouldn't get carried away with it. It's easy for someone to just say "according to our source". But they don't list them do they, oh but of course they couldn't because it would compromise their source. Convenient that eh? You'll see it all the time in newspapers: "A source said "well I saw them leave the club and they were really rude and blah blah blah" " They just bloody make it up.

Also, note the deliberate ambiguity:

- "well under way" That could mean either 1 year into it, or only weeks away from completion depending on how you look at it.

- "pretty likely" Not just "likely", but "pretty likely". That means bugger all.

- "adding that the scale was vast" Compared to what? to the size of San Fierro? To the size of Liberty City? San Andreas?

- "It's the big one they said" Note how it's separated from the previous paragraph so it's not in context of the supposed vast scale. You could read it as "it's gonna be a huge map" or "this GTA is going to be a huge game in terms of impact" or you could read it however you want.

- "Unfortunately the source would not divulge any further details" What details have they even given us? There was nothing detailed about anything they told us.

Agreed. Tho this "source" might be credible...I take this as a grain of salt until R* says something...

NotoriousKiller
There better be a good (not half assed) PC version as part of that "Well underway" or my faith in Rockstar as a developer/publisher will completely be shattered.

Yeah or it's on for every single Rockstar. devil.gif

Snake Without a Tongue

I don't trust these 'close sources'. Didn't close sources say there would be an E3 reveal?

But still... SQUEE! I hope it's true.

GamesCom...no it's not going to be announced at GamesCom.

What's this GameCum you speak of? Just kidding.

Edited by Snake Without a Tongue

That's as good as you're going to get when every person in the know has a non-disclosure agreement with Take-Two. You're left to judge whether Gamespot is usually credible or not.

That's as good as you're going to get when every person in the know has a non-disclosure agreement with Take-Two. You're left to judge whether Gamespot is usually credible or not.

You're actually left to judge if the sources are credible or not.

Seriously, it's like people expect V to take 10 years to produce.

I know, right?

This is good news. I drooled after reading "It's the big one." I need a towel.

Los Santos here we come!

user posted image

NotoriousKiller
Seriously, it's like people expect V to take 10 years to produce.

I know, right?

This is good news. I drooled after reading "It's the big one." I need a towel.

Los Santos here we come!

Implying this rumor is totally true and not false. But yeah I hope this is real and set in SA...

Long_Haired_Boy

GTA is in development!!!!

Im shocked cry.gif

GTAknowledge

At least we now have confirmation of what i predicated a few weeks ago, that it's at it's finishng stages and also that a 2012 release is the most likely. smile.gif

So lets have some predictions:

GTA IV was announced in May 2006 (at E3) and the official release date was October 2007, so a gap of around 1 year and 5 months was used to promote the game, and that proved to be very successful, so i have no doubt that will attempt to have a similar approach to GTA V.

Seeing as how an October-December 2012 release date is likely, going by history the game should be announced within the next month.

However, i'm thinking they will only need 1 year to promote the game this time, so i'm prediciting that the game will be announced between July and October (at the latest) this year. icon14.gif

NotoriousKiller

At least we now have confirmation of what i predicated a few weeks ago, that it's at it's finishng stages and also that a 2012 release is the most likely.  smile.gif

GTA IV was announced in May 2006 (at E3) and the official release date was October 2007, so a gap of around 1 year and 5 months was used to promote the game, and that proved to be very successful, so i have no doubt that will attempt to have a similar approach to GTA V.

Seeing as how an October-December 2012 release date is likely, going by history the game should be announced within the next month.

However, i'm thinking they will only need 1 year to promote the game this time, so i'm prediciting that the game will be announced between July and October (at the latest) this year. icon14.gif

August:

Game Developers Conference 2011 (15 - 17) Gamescom 2011 (18 - 22) PAX Prime 2011 (26 - 28)

September:

Eurogamer Expo 2011 (22 - 25)

October:

EB Games Expo 2011 (15 - 16)They'll announce it at one of those conferences unless they do it at one of their own. I think GDC, Gamescom, or PAX is most likely. So August should be watched. Edited by NotoriousKiller

CubA_iLL_BrothA

It has to be 2012 if MP3 releases this year. Forum, I can't wait any longer. suicidal.gif

If Max Payne 3 released during the current fiscal year, which is something I don't expect, then 2013 fiscal year will be either for AGENT or GTA V.

Finn 7 five 11

I already knew this, but this confirmation has got me excited nonetheless.

I guess this puts away the "no GTA ever ideas".

In fat on second thought i am So incredibly excited, i just wanna spam all over the forum.

San Andreas, sold more than 12 million units globally,

Just had to point out, it could be a typo, but San Andreas sold 22million+ even though 12million+ leaves room for error, it usually means within the nearest million.

At least we now have confirmation of what i predicated a few weeks ago, that it's at it's finishng stages and also that a 2012 release is the most likely.  smile.gif

August:

Game Developers Conference 2011 (15 - 17) Gamescom 2011 (18 - 22) PAX Prime 2011 (26 - 28)

September:

Eurogamer Expo 2011 (22 - 25)

October:

EB Games Expo 2011 (15 - 16)They'll announce it at one of those conferences unless they do it at one of their own. I think GDC, Gamescom, or PAX is most likely. So August should be watched.

POP-O-METER ACTIVATED:

• Game Developers Conference 2011 (15 - 17) : %22.1

• Gamescom 2011 (18 - 22) : %5.9

• PAX Prime 2011 (26 - 28) : %12.5

• Eurogamer Expo 2011 (22 - 25) : %9.6

• EB Games Expo 2011 (15 - 16) : %7.3

3lIXKDi.png

It's good to finally hear something like this from a bit more reliable source. I have always thought that it's obvious that the game has been in production for a while, but confirmation never hurts.

8wjrzl.png

At least we now have confirmation of what i predicated a few weeks ago, that it's at it's finishng stages and also that a 2012 release is the most likely. smile.gif

Easy there Mr. Oracle. It's not confirmation because it's not official. And all the article stated was that "finishing touches such as mini-games were being applied to it." Who says mini-games have to be done right at the end? Mini-games often don't even need to wait for the main code/engine to be written. Think of those arcade games, like the ones in SA or QUB3D in IV. They could start them from day 1 if they wanted because they're so simple to make compared to the main game.

And like I said in my previous post, this so called "source" seems like a steaming pile of baloney. It really just seems like they thought "Hmm... we're a bit short on articles for today, ok lets pop out the obligatory GTA "scoop" that we were planning for next week anyways."

RockstarMark

Easy there Mr. Oracle. It's not confirmation because it's not official. And all the article stated was that "finishing touches such as mini-games were being applied to it." Who says mini-games have to be done right at the end? Mini-games often don't even need to wait for the main code/engine to be written. Think of those arcade games, like the ones in SA or QUB3D in IV. They could start them from day 1 if they wanted because they're so simple to make compared to the main game.

And like I said in my previous post, this so called "source" seems like a steaming pile of baloney. It really just seems like they thought "Hmm... we're a bit short on articles for today, ok lets pop out the obligatory GTA "scoop" that we were planning for next week anyways."

Before Gamespot said anything, this scenario made a lot of sense. I assure you Gamespot's "sources" are more reliable than mere guess work from guys on this forum. I am apprehensive to believe any so called "confirmation" after being burnt every time there has been some glimpse of hope of a leak, but it is more likely than not that this information holds some truth...

Punk-in-Drublic

Sounds quite promising, I couldn't imagine Gamespot giving out rumours that weren't from a reliable source. Let's keep our fingers crossed for more information within the upcoming months.

Before Gamespot said anything, this scenario made a lot of sense. I assure you Gamespot's "sources" are more reliable than mere guess work from guys on this forum. I am apprehensive to believe any so called "confirmation" after being burnt every time there has been some glimpse of hope of a leak, but it is more likely than not that this information holds some truth...

The thing is they didn't even really say anything though. They could hardly have been more ambiguous. Simply putting out an article with info which everyone knows is about where R* are in the devolpment process anyways, and not giving any details whatsoever. It's like when mediums give a cold reading.

GTAWithStyle

huge tingle to my private area...

has R* ever NOT announced a gta game at a convention like E3? could they randomly announce it online or something?

has R* ever NOT announced a gta game at a convention like E3? could they randomly announce it online or something?

San Andreas was announced on March 1, 2004. I don't recall there being any events at the time.

Sent from my ayePhone

LongHairedFreakyGuy

"It's the big one," they said.

Am liking the sound of this quote. IV was testing out all the new engine of the consoles, so it's no surprise that Rockstar want to go even further with V and produce a massive landscape with plenty to do. Just seems strange to be setting it in L.A (if rumours become true), since this means we'd be skipping VC in a way.

If what they say is true, and that R* are just adding the final touches, then surely we can be expecting some screens quite soon, say a couple of months?

You're actually left to judge if the sources are credible or not.

You can't judge an anonymous source by anything but the name of who reports it. Gamespot has been online for 15 years and is owned by CBS, which doesn't mean everything they say is true but it does mean they play with real money.

Snake Without a Tongue
"It's the big one," they said.

Am liking the sound of this quote. IV was testing out all the new engine of the consoles, so it's no surprise that Rockstar want to go even further with V and produce a massive landscape with plenty to do. Just seems strange to be setting it in L.A (if rumours become true), since this means we'd be skipping VC in a way.

If what they say is true, and that R* are just adding the final touches, then surely we can be expecting some screens quite soon, say a couple of months?

Also, this will mostly likely be the last GTA of this gen, so they'll want to max out the technology.

And yeah, if they're in the final touches stage, why the hell wait until late 2012 to release it? Eh, fingers crossed.