GTA V development well underway

n2gether

I think that we will definatly see a final GTA On this Generation console before the new one's

Next Generation Xbox information a snippit of what is stated,

In June 2011 a bgr.com source stated Microsoft’s Entertainment and Devices Division plans to unveil their next-generation Xbox console at E3 2012, whose pre-E3 press conference falls on June 11, 2012. The Xbox 720 is said to have been in development since 2006. — A more public man-in-the-know, id Software’s lead programmer John Carmack, stated earlier this month that we should expect Microsoft to announce their next Xbox console at E3 2012, with the new system becoming available in 2013. He told Eurogamer.net that “The next-generation will be here soon, a couple of years.” He added that “It’ll be another ten times as powerful as this [PS3 & Xbox 360 generation]. I’d be surprised if that doesn’t last over a decade before people wind up saying, well, we’ve really tapped out everything you could possibly do on there.”

source : http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2007/03/1...o-microsoft.htm

So i do think that with the Next Gen console's been developed we will see them in a few year's both PS4 and Xbox 720, But i do believe we will have one more GTA out of this generation of console's and the next GTA will be set on the Next Gen consoles

lazloisdavrock

make it for PC already, lol, we've been ahead of these consoles for almost 7 years now. the games are getting stale

TrevorSpeed914
make it for PC already, lol, we've been ahead of these consoles for almost 7 years now. the games are getting stale

It's funny how quickly you PC fans forget that the last GTA IV PC port sucked, and that most people do not have the specs for that quality level game: Most GTA players use consoles. Do you think Rockstar would take the plunge and go bankrupt?

I think not.

yeah hopefully by saying its "its the big one" im praying that it is gta v

Sunrise Driver

It's funny how quickly you PC fans forget that the last GTA IV PC port sucked, and that most people do not have the specs for that quality level game: Most GTA players use consoles. Do you think Rockstar would take the plunge and go bankrupt?

It's not our fault that GTA IV was ported by a studio without any PC experience. Though even in that condition PC version is far superior than console versions.

P.S. It's funny how you console fans played the game for 2 weeks and then forgot about it.

Do you think Rockstar would take the plunge and go bankrupt?

With the right management and good games you can make money on PC alone FYI.

Edited by Street Mix

GTAknowledge
the next playstation and xbox are both now rumored to show up next fall. Maybe they really are waiting for next gen?

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20110704PD202.html

Unlikely. So many people own a PS3 or 360, meaning they will get a lot more sales, much more then GTA IV. If they release the game in the same year after a new console, not as many people will be able to buy the game.

If true that new consoles will be launched in 2012, then the game will likely be released before they are launched.

Shayan Shaffey
the next playstation and xbox are both now rumored to show up next fall. Maybe they really are waiting for next gen?

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20110704PD202.html

Oh god no.I HAVE NO f*ckIN' MONEY!!! sh*t! confused.gif

I also secound this notion! OMG I bought it 6 or 7 months ago! suicidal.gificon13.gif I will start saving money current savings: 110,000 IRT= aprox. 100$

user posted image

Long_Haired_Boy

I think we will visit a next gen Vice City and Los Santos before the real GTA V comes out.

Hopefully

I think we will visit a next gen Vice City and Los Santos before  the real GTA V comes out.

Hopefully

Yeah I hope to revisit Vice City too but if they do San Andreas I'd prefer it if they did it as a state and not divide it into 3 games(GTA: Los Santos, GTA: San Fierro and GTA: Las Venturas). Also GTA V is pretty much just a placeholder until the real name is annouced.

TrevorSpeed914

It's not our fault that GTA IV was ported by a studio without any PC experience. Though even in that condition PC version is far superior than console versions.

P.S. It's funny how you console fans played the game for 2 weeks and then forgot about it.

You must be high.

You must be high.

If anything, you.. sigh.gif

You must be high.

If anything, you.. sigh.gif

how the f*#$ is this about the development of the game? who gives a sh!t if you have a PC or console....if you like console cool! if you like PC then skippidy-f*#@ing-do-da! the game is gonna be awesome anyways...lets all just get along biggrin.gif

krammkracker
I think we will visit a next gen Vice City and Los Santos before  the real GTA V comes out.

Hopefully

Yeah I hope to revisit Vice City too but if they do San Andreas I'd prefer it if they did it as a state and not divide it into 3 games(GTA: Los Santos, GTA: San Fierro and GTA: Las Venturas). Also GTA V is pretty much just a placeholder until the real name is annouced.

I agree 100%

I'd hate for the awesomeness of San Andreas to be stripped down to a single city... it would take all the fun out of it.

Kwandilibro

Hopefully

I agree 100%

I'd hate for the awesomeness of San Andreas to be stripped down to a single city... it would take all the fun out of it.

If SA were to be split up (not saying it should be, because it shouldn't), I'd say it'd make the most sense to complete the Bay and include SF, Oakland, and whatever else is over there. I always thought that was stupid how the bay was left like that.

I suppose I'd better add my two pennyworth.

I think that any GTA:V announcement will come 6 months before the release date and will probably feature a teaser trailer at that time.

Three months before the release date the marketing proper will start with further trailers, screenshots and cover art releases leading up to the big day itself.

I base this on how the timings and marketing happened for GTA:IV. You should remember that last time GTA:IV was announced prematurely (more than a year before) in an effort to raise Take Two's share price in order to fend off a take over attempt by EA.

This time, I think when Rockstar announce GTA:V it will be sooner to it's release so that they will be reasonably certain that they will not have to slip the date. I base the 6 month lead time on the fact that the first teaser trailer was released 6 months before the original intended release date for GTA:IV. I also reckon they make a go/no go decision 3 months before the intended release date. No go means they will announce slipping the date, go means they ramp up the marketing.

So, 6 months before: announcement and teaser trailer.

3 month before: intensify the marketing.

I think we all knew that this was the case, but it's always nice to hear some news or confirmation.

There not going to remake Vice city. Theres really no need for it. Crank up the resolution on Vice City PC to 1080p, everything maxed and enjoy on my 32" HDtv.

maybe add a texture pack.

krammkracker
There not going to remake Vice city. Theres really no need for it. Crank up the resolution on Vice City PC to 1080p, everything maxed and enjoy on my 32" HDtv.

maybe add a texture pack.

The same thing could have been said about Liberty City (GTA III) if thats the case lol