GTA V development well underway

n2gether

ButtersStotch

Damn you beat me to the punch!

Hopefully this means that we should see some information come out in the next year or so.

MiamiVice1984

Gamespot is a very reliable source so im sure its true BUT the question is if its a PSP2 or a Console GTA?

I think it was obvious that it was in development but this "confirmation" is very pleasuring to hear. Can't wait to see it!

Drift-Kingz

Yep, it must be Grand Theft Auto. But IMO I think we should wait for some more details at least.

Anyways, good find. icon14.gif

the hadoken nigga

you beat me but yours can be the main topic this is what we all knew rockstars way of saying just a little bit longer will not disaapoint

Kwandilibro

Dammit, how'd I miss this one and notice the other topic? Oh well. But that's still nice news to hear anyway, for those pessimists out there.

Capricornus

Pretty nice news. Can't say that I'd be all that interested if the are making a GTA for the PSP 2 but let's see what time unveils.

caprisig.jpg

Well that enlightens me a little more, maybe we will see a Gamescon announcement.

Edited by DannyBee

"It's the big one," they said.

oh that sounds soo good, that sentence made my day!

Well that enlightens me a little more, maybe we will see a GamesCon announcement.

oh god not again...

You didn't even type it right.

3lIXKDi.png

Well that enlightens me a little more, maybe we will see a GamesCon announcement.

oh god not again...

Type what right?

WhistleBlower
Gamespot is a very reliable source so im sure its true BUT the question is if its a PSP2 or a Console GTA?

Well, it was already confirmed that Rockstar was one of the development studios working on a title for the PlayStation Vita, back when it was under the NGP codename. I would be pretty interested to see if it is indeed a GTA title because from what we've seen of the Uncharted: Golden Abyss demo footage during this year's E3, the PlayStation Vita can power some great-looking games on par with the PS3. Something like the RAGE engine that the developers at Rockstar use for their games should have no problem running on the handheld.

drug dealing mini games anyone. I also love the 'vast' scale quote.

it can't be long now til a reveal, surely

Kwandilibro

No PS Vita please, don't make me go out and blow $300 for a handheld. Plus it (like every other release) f*cks the PC people.

oh god not again...

Type what right?

GamesCom...no it's not going to be announced at GamesCom.

POP(percent of possibility)-o-meter: %7.3

At E3 it gave %18.8 monocle.gif

3lIXKDi.png

Official General

It is reasonable to expect that Rockstar have been working on the next GTA. I always knew the next GTA was being worked on. Just because Rockstar have said nothing about it, it does not mean nothing is going on. Like I've said before, Dan Houser, the series co-creator had stated back in late 2009 the script writing for the next GTA had already been started. However it is good to get some more up to date news on the next GTA.

Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC, None of this Hype for a GTA on a vita... i wont buy the Vita just to play the game..... well acually yes i probably would, However i dont think they will sell out like that

And i would expect it to be on all platform's more or less

oh god not again...

Type what right?

POP= 3.2% I like this so called "confirmation", even though I kinda wanted it on the next-gen platform, like the next Xbox or PS. But hopefully it will be awesome.

oh god not again...

Type what right?

POP= 3.2% I like this so called "confirmation", even though I kinda wanted it on the next-gen platform, like the next Xbox or PS. But hopefully it will be awesome.

Hey!! You no contror POP!! I only kontlor it!! but you is right!!

OMGWTFBBQ the header or the top picture or whatever it's called changed!! that means GTA V will be announced at GamesCom!!! at the end!!! WITH A BIG EXPLOSION!!!! THEN V APPEARSS!!! cryani.gif

3lIXKDi.png

Sunrise Driver

It's good to see that this time they haven't announced the game 2 years before the release with first year in silence (no info I mean).

I've given up hope for GTA V. Lets just all wait for information to actually come out instead of waiting to wait for information to come out. lol.gif

I'm out.

But before I go:

A Song for You

That are great news, if they are true ...... A Announcement @ Video Game Awards 2011 anybody ??? ....... I hope sou.

"It's the big one," they said.

oh that sounds soo good, that sentence made my day!

That's what she said cool.gif

I'd have to agree with the article. But Rockstar may decide to halt production if they feel something is wrong, so maybe 2012 is hopeful.

WhistleBlower
No PS Vita please, don't make me go out and blow $300 for a handheld. Plus it (like every other release) f*cks the PC people.

You clearly don't know what it is that you're talking about. Sony priced the default version of the PlayStation Vita at 250 dollars. Also, to the guy that says this would be Rockstar selling out, that is quite possibly the stupidest comment I've read in a while. As I said before, the PlayStation Vita is on par with the PS3 so there's nothing to say that the next GTA will remain exclusive. It will always be a multiplatform franchise but that doesn't mean they won't continue releasing handheld titles as well.

Kwandilibro
No PS Vita please, don't make me go out and blow $300 for a handheld.  Plus it (like every other release) f*cks the PC people.

You clearly don't know what it is that you're talking about. Sony priced the default version of the PlayStation Vita at 250 dollars. Also, to the guy that says this would be Rockstar selling out, that is quite possibly the stupidest comment I've read in a while. As I said before, the PlayStation Vita is on par with the PS3 so there's nothing to say that the next GTA will remain exclusive. It will always be a multiplatform franchise but that doesn't mean they won't continue releasing handheld titles as well.

Wow, $50? Good golly gosh, now I can afford to pay my mortgage for the next ten years!

I don't understand how people think 2012 is too early. It's probably October 2012, and it will be the longest gap between major, new-map GTA releases ever.

I don't understand how people think 2012 is too early. It's probably October 2012, and it will be the longest gap between major, new-map GTA releases ever.

So true

Kwandilibro

Seriously, it's like people expect V to take 10 years to produce.