SAN FIERRO: No-go zone !

phender

All of a sudden, i can't get to San Fierro.

Firstly, i'm using some saved games i d/loaded from somewhere.

I was hoping to do the missions from Doherty garage, but that's where the trouble starts.

When CJ waits for the garage door to open, the game crashes !! angry.gif

I changed a few of the cars in the game earlier, so i can only guess the game does not like what is stored inside the garage.

But how do i find out what is inside the garage ?

If i knew then i could change the car back to the original model.

Last time this happened, the game did not like the Ferrari 328 that i had used for the Cheetah.

This time it is NOT the Cheetah that is the problem as i have reverted back to the original, so which one is it ?

I'd also changed the main garage to the enterable model, and the train station, but when the game started crashing, i changed everything back to originals, and everything works until the blasted garage door crashes the game again.

I can start a saved game from inside a safe house in SF, but as soon as CJ tries to go outside, the game crashes, and when i try to get to San Fierro from any city, the game crashes.

What has gone wrong ?? dontgetit.gif

Spider-Vice

He changed everything to originals so that isn't really needed.

There's a few things you should try and tell us:

• Is your game bought/Original?
  • Do you use any No-CD cracks?
  • Try reinstalling the game.
  • If on Windows Vista or 7, try clearing the VirtualStore folder which stores crash dumps and sometimes the game loads from that folder. Go to
    C:\Users\(youruser)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files

and delete the Rockstar Games folder.

And maybe as an addition:

• Try starting a new game after.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Thought this was a trouble-shooting section.....

Using same original cd i got 4 years ago, but with a no-cd crack, and cleo 3.

Tried to load the saved games, but now NONE of them will load anymore.

Won't be re-installing again, as i have done so 6 times over the last 2 weeks, but i'll just be going back to the basic setup without cleo or any cracks.

Thankfully, the saved games from Glenster will save me a helluva lot of game time. colgate.gif

Is there some sort of debug program i can use while playing ?

At least i'll be able to see where the game keeps falling down !!

Spider-Vice

First get rid of the no-cd crack. And as we are in the modding section I can recommend you SA Limit Adjuster, which usually tells you everything about a crash when you crash.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

If there was a tuned car in that garage on the save and you have replaced that car with a different one that does not allow for those options, the game will crash whenever you get near a garage that stores one. Sounds like you've already come up with a plan, but just so you know.

-Fox

re: SA Limit Adjuster - links don't work, would appreciate more up-to-date links, please, if possible.

Gone back to back-up copies of my 'data' and 'models' folders.

These folders just contain cars i've changed, CJ's new house, and a couple of map additions (bus station, bus stops - IPL files).

Trouble is, sometimes when CJ is just stationary in any one place, suddenly the game crashes !!

I can only guess that the game is having trouble spawning a car, but all of the cars i've changed appear in GGMM no probs.

Dunno if any of the handling, carcols, etc., are at fault here, but would the Limit Adjuster be able to specify the problem car(s) ?

BTW, its not the map additions which cause the sudden crashes, 'cos the crashes still happen when I delete those specific IPL lines from GTA.DAT file.....

Edited by phender

ASI files tend to cause some instability. SOME. Not all. Some cleo files will do this too. Especially some of the IV style hud mods. Also, any time you go to save and it gives you the warning that cheats are active or have been active, dont save it! I know that sounds silly, but I have a HEAVILY modded game and it will only crash every once in a while after HOURS of playing. When I start using saves with lots of cheats having been used its a crash a minute.

HERE is Alexander's EXE limit adjuster. I have used it for a while and its very stable.

-Fox

Many thanks for your continued help, fox. colgate.gif

I'll give it a whirl when I get home.

May well get my appetite back for this game, and finally do some mods of my own !! cool.gif

Tried it, but it doesnt recognise my version.

I have EU ver. 1.0

First get rid of the no-cd crack. And as we are in the modding section I can recommend you SA Limit Adjuster, which usually tells you everything about a crash when you crash.

I wish to continue using the Cleo mods, 'cos the movements by certain vehicles in the game are now controlled from Cleo files.

If i use my original gta_sa.exe, the game won't even start !!

I have to use a no-cd crack to be able to use Cleo, then to use DYOM.

At the mo, still getting crashes in San Fierro, and i'm at a loss as to why now....

I managed to get to SF after going back to the basic setup.

But once the first game crash happens, then i can't load that particular save game anymore.

Trying to find out what happens at the point of the crash, but the tools ive used to help me find out only recognise the no-cd crack exe file, which i presume is a US version, and the Limit Adjuster doesnt really tell me what happens.

With the Limit Adjuster installed, paste the contents of errordump.txt here after the crash occurs.

Had another look, got rid of all the modded buildings, even a couple of buildings i'd changed a few years ago, and totally forgotten about !!

Still that game crash,,,,,,

Checked the modded cars again, and this time narrowed it down to 2 dodgy cars, the Euros and Cheetah after using GGMM.

The .DFF files for those 2 cars were invalid.

So how come they both showed up when i used the car spawner ??

Anyway, good news is, NO MORE CRASHES !!!! (well, for now, touch wood)