Official Pixel Block Topic

LongHairedFreakyGuy

LongHairedFreakyGuy

user posted image

Basically, this is a community project that anyone can contribute to, whatever your level of expertise at Pixelling is. You start off with an empty block, and have to create something inside that block in pixel art. This will then be added to any other contributions, until we start creating a city with lots of contributions.

Here are the files needed to get you started:

user posted image

user posted image

(Credit to VP for getting them back online).

As an example, here is what the last project finished up as:

user posted image

Hopefully we can get quite a few people interested in this project. smile.gif

user posted image
Edited by Narcis_speed6

LongHairedFreakyGuy

I can't really comment since am new to pixelling aswell, but the roof is slightly off.

It's great for your first attempt though. smile.gif

UNRATED69, it's nice, but I think proportions are off; Cars smaller than windows?

And yeah, as said above, roof is kinda wrong.

But that's great for a start, I couldn't do that, I guess.

f*ckin Butters. I was going to make a topic once I was done going through the ancient Pix-Ill city threads for old submissions. I figured we would just continue adding on to the old city since there's no point in starting from scratch.

user posted image

I have all the buildings in a .PSD so I can move them around on their separate layers. That way, if someone draws something that would better fit into the middle of the image it'll be easy to shuffle the tiles around.

f*ckin Butters

J4KPE60.gif

Moonshield's less handsome join date brother <3

LongHairedFreakyGuy
f*ckin Butters.

f*ckin Butters

Sorry man.

If you wish though, Narcis can lock this and you start the official topic then. I only made this to get some interest in it all, but I'd prefer you to be the one who is in charge of the topic.

Narcis?

Narcis_speed6
Leave it this way, If there is something to add to first post, I will do it. wink.gif

Leave it this way, If there is something to add to first post, I will do it.  wink.gif

That's cool with me. I was just messin with you, Butters. Once there are a few new submissions I'll just post an update to the city and Narcis can take care of the rest. Easy peasy. icon14.gif

Also:

user posted image

J4KPE60.gif

Drift-Kingz

Really good man. Although, the shadow from the buildings kind of makes the street looks like there's an oil spill on it. monocle.gif

But overall, nice. I'm gonna make an attempt later on.

Although, the shadow from the buildings kind of makes the street looks like there's an oil spill on it.  monocle.gif

I was thinking the same thing. Either that, or fresh tar.

But it's still way better than mine.

user posted image

user posted image

Need to finish my jail. It's been on hold since 2005.

user posted image

Edit: and my god, my first attempt at a pixel garage was futile. Looks like some sort of deformed, yellow spongecake.

Edit 2: it's funny, i was just thinking about this the other day.

Edited by ViceDog

Although, the shadow from the buildings kind of makes the street looks like there's an oil spill on it.  monocle.gif

I was thinking the same thing. Either that, or fresh tar.

lol, they do look weird now that you guys mention it. Although a building will likely be in front covering that section of road anyway, so I suppose I won't worry too much about it.

Vice: It's awesome that you came back when you did. I almost started to miss you after going through those Pix-Ill topics. Now finish your jail, bro!

J4KPE60.gif

"Almost"... icon14.gif

Just scrolled through the V1 & V2 2Graphik pixel city topics. Good stuff. Shame you can't access the templates anymore. Do you still have them? If not, anus anuj* will. But yeah VP, i'll get cracking on the jail tomorrow. Your stuff is/was inspirational. Keep at it dude.

MonstaMasha

Not that experienced in pixel art, but I wanna practice biggrin.gif Can we only make one submission? Or many?

Narcis_speed6

Still got allot of things to do.

user posted image

Starting to look good Narcis_speed6.

This is what I've come up with so far. Added a little jail entertainment. Can someone help me with the barbed wire? Can't seem to get it right. Thanks.

edit - hold on.

Edited by ViceDog

LongHairedFreakyGuy

@VP, knew you were man, just thought it would be better for you to handle the OP post, but will be easy enough for Narcis to just edit it anyway. smile.gif

Any chance for the links to all the old Pixel topics that were on the forums?

And MonstaMasha, you can make as many submissions as you want...I believe? I don't see why you shouldn't be able to.

Edited by Butters 2011

MonstaMasha

Okay, here's my first ever, nooby, amateur attempt at isometric pixel art. Shield your eyes from the pure ugliness!

user posted image

Not bad for a first ever attempt I thought smile.gif

Okay, here's my first ever, nooby, amateur attempt at isometric pixel art. Shield your eyes from the pure ugliness!

user posted image

Not bad for a first ever attempt I thought smile.gif

I don't even how to shade, so, that's great to me. Actually, I can't make sh*t for pixel art. Are there any tut's? tounge.gif

LongHairedFreakyGuy

user posted image

mercie_blink.gif That's mint that like.

Not sure if it's meant to be like that, but the back corner of the roof doesn't look like it matches up right.

user posted image

Still a huge WIP, and alot of things needs doing to it, but any comments so far? The harsher the better, but please remember this is my first ever attempt for around 5-6 years, and even back then all I did was a pixel house.

Crap, you're right. I'll fix that later.

Just keep at it, practice and look at other buildings!

Narcis_speed6

user posted image

http://i.imgur.com/7XTw7.png

Fixed shadow and added some details.

MonstaMasha

I don't even how to shade, so, that's great to me. Actually, I can't make sh*t for pixel art. Are there any tut's? tounge.gif

I'll PM it to you biggrin.gif

Edited by MonstaMasha

Narcis_speed6

Finished my first pixels art piece. smile.gif

user posted image

http://i.imgur.com/u1JKJ.png

We should re-create a city from grand theft auto.

MonstaMasha

Why did this not spring to mind immediately?! You sir, are a genius. We should do the GTA IV era Liberty City, each island, each building biggrin.gif

f*ckin Butters. I was going to make a topic once I was done going through the ancient Pix-Ill city threads for old submissions. I figured we would just continue adding on to the old city since there's no point in starting from scratch.

user posted image

I have all the buildings in a .PSD so I can move them around on their separate layers. That way, if someone draws something that would better fit into the middle of the image it'll be easy to shuffle the tiles around.

f*ckin Butters

Hah, can't believe I still recognize my giant gold man statue.

oVAzxRq.png