Euphoria and mods

ikt

Hello there.

Since I use mods, when I bump into peds, they don't react like in the default game, but they bend over. Euphoria is still active and working, but I wonder if somebody else has this problem too with modding. I have no other script mods loaded exept my own mod, but that isn't the problem. (Even multiple mods work without any side-effects on my other game). It's in the files. Does anybody know which and how this could be prevented? Heck, I'm even fine with another scripting mod to normalize the effects again. tounge.gif

Mods I know I have: ENB Series (replaces timecyc files, and some other files) (Dpeasant3 his settings)

Mods I think I have: More peds/traffic, handling mods and... ???

Hello there.

Since I use mods, when I bump into peds, they don't react like in the default game, but they bend over. Euphoria is still active and working, but I wonder if somebody else has this problem too with modding. I have no other script mods loaded exept my own mod, but that isn't the problem. (Even multiple mods work without any side-effects on my other game). It's in the files. Does anybody know which and how this could be prevented? Heck, I'm even fine with another scripting mod to normalize the effects again. tounge.gif

Do you have like ModPack installed ?

Never heard about "bending peds" for sure. biggrin.gif

I can only imagine that some mod is working not properly. Very strange issue.

Anyway I would recommend a reinstall everytime something very strange happens... Best way sometimes and faster than finding some hidden error.

I discovered the source of the problem, Xliveless does something. Without it, peds animate normally. Strange.

That also explains why my other install in unaffected, no xlive.dll! Alternatives/fixes?

What is the purpose of the xlive.dll? I never needed that.

Then RGSC won't be active, so you don't need that to start while playing.

On low-end pc's, that sometimes help's performance (or someone gets this tounge2.gif)

By the way, ikt, what's with your specs?

An Intel Celeron Tualatin with 384 MB (RAM)?

Edited by Exxon

I had the same problem with patch 1.0.4.0. On patch 1.0.3.0 peds react correctly.

Thanks Dpeasant3, I'll use that version then.

Exxon, that computer doesn't even play GTA III at a playable rate tounge.gif Mine resembles the one you're using now, with exeption for the graphics card. HD4830 is mine. Also, upgrade to any 64bit OS! You're wasting RAM and VRAM using 32 bit tounge.gif

ENB Series works fine on 1.0.3.0, mods work fine (for asi mods use the ScriptHook version 0.4.0 (it's in the devkit)) and it doesn't rain inside!

Now what's the fuzz about update 4 and 5 that are supposed to be better?

Edited by ikt

I never experienced any ped issues so far, no matter which patch I use. I´m pretty sure something you´ve added to your original game is causing this.

spaceeinstein

Try asking the author to fix this.

Now what's the fuzz about update 4 and 5 that are supposed to be better?

Don't know why anyone would assume that but those updates aren't supposed to be "better". Update 4 was a maintenance update (so that all discs and patches are consistent with each other) and update 5 combined the different languages into one patch (different languages used to be patched differently, but combining them broke some stuff). Only update 6 had something, and 7 the best out of them all.

Edited by spaceeinstein