Young maylay in gta5?

pdbq

This has most likely been brought up as it was 54 days ago, so lock if need to

I just saw rockstars official twitter tweet (from 54 days ago) something along the lines of "thanks to Dj pooh, young maylay and some others.. For showing love to LA noire"

Dj pooh is the one I believe who got young maylay the voice over job of cj btw. I'm not sure how they showed love to it, but surely he only would of acknowledged LA noire if he had been working with rockstar recently/ or in the future who knows.

Sorry if this has been brought up! I just found it interesting

Yea someone said Young maylay was working on The script for Gta 5, maybe it will be in San andreas and you can have Cj as a friend hopefully

That would make sense I guess. But I'm chuffed about him being in it, really enjoyed him as the main character.

I heard on a video that YM was working on gta 5 apparently

Young Money? Haha jk, On topic, idk if he did happen to come back that he would be a main character, maybe he'll get a cameo?

wow, any topic were HHG is brought up as a reliable Source- or really just brought up as anything else, then a part time bloger/hip hop'er- should die, get closed, locked, unseen!

wow, any topic were HHG is brought up as a reliable Source- or really just brought up as anything else, then a part time bloger/hip hop'er- should die, get closed, locked, unseen!

Despite how much he bullsh*ts He can come through sometimes, most recently He told us to expect call of duty Elite like a week or two before it was announced and another recent prediction being Kratos in Mortal Kombat. Since he seems to have connections in the hip hop business aswell as gaming(the guy gets a free passes to E3) it kind of gives me confidence that he would be in contact with YM in some way as opposed to some other random gaming journalist.

Part of me thinks hes allowed to spill the beans about so many games without getting in trouble because no-one really believes him until it actually happens lol. Now if you really want to get mad at someone, go after Pachter that guy is the king of bullsh*t he predicted Wii HD wrongly for like for 3 years straight until it eventually happened this year not to mention him basically confirming GTA V at E3 (we all know how that went lol) and the worst thing about it is the guy gets paid a sh*t-ton of money and people still believe him smh.

Edited by Gregers08

GroveSt.Fam4L

Yes! Young Maylay would be good as Cj again, probably the protagonist or for some side missions.

Yes Cj was my favorite charactor i played as him the longest and the most.

Harwood Butch3r

If he does come back (Young Maylay I mean) there's a high chance he wont reprise his role as CJ. The GTA III era ended with VCS.

He could come back to voice another character I suppose, but as CJ? I doubt it.

Kwandilibro

He's not going to be CJ, that's for sure. If anything, he'll be a supporting character- a gang member from the west who's in xyz city because xyz happened. Perhaps a police informant...

i dont see why people are so insistent that CJ CANT come back, it up to Rockstar not whatever we THINK may happen, though he may be from the III era if Rockstar thinks itll draw people in to bring back a former character in some way or maybe they just have a really good story line they can do it, its their game not ours i dont know if they ever said they wont bring III era characters into IV era but they have every right to change their minds if they feel it would be a good idea

Long_Haired_Boy

Well they atleast know hes good to work with.

San Andreas Stories does sound plausible since Rockstar Leed hasn't been in the stoplight for a min.

TheBlackProject
Yea someone said Young maylay was working on The script for Gta 5, maybe it will be in San andreas and you can have Cj as a friend hopefully

CJ? Yeah right, silly boys who think that the GTA III series is still continuing on.

Harwood Butch3r
i dont see why people are so insistent that CJ CANT come back, it up to Rockstar not whatever we THINK may happen, though he may be from the III era if Rockstar thinks itll draw people in to bring back a former character in some way or maybe they just have a really good story line they can do it, its their game not ours i dont know if they ever said they wont bring III era characters into IV era but they have every right to change their minds if they feel it would be a good idea

Yes it's R*'s decision, but why go 4 games (GTA IV, TLAD, TBOGT and CTW) in the current era without a single GTA III era character then all of a start bringing them make? It makes no sense.

I think generally R* are quite consistent with the way they approach things. I don't believe they said that they wont bring back GTA III era characters, but the general impression I got from GTA IV and its counterparts is it distanced itself away with only making reference to the old games.

Even if CJ were to come back there's no way he would be the protagonist in GTA V. People hoping for that to happen are simply dreaming. If R* make SAS I could see a possibility, but in GTA V or any future GTA I wouldn't even see him playing a significant role. Probably just a cameo at best.

The whole idea doesn't seem plausible. R* have control of all of their decisions, but IMHO there's about as much chance of CJ coming back as Claude, Tommy, Toni, and Vic which is almost none.

Sorry guys accidentally added two of the same quote...so I edited the last one

Edited by 20cent

I wouldn't want him as CJ in the current GTA series...YM as a cameo would be cool but then again I'm not making the game :s

....... and another recent prediction being Kratos in Mortal Kombat. .

I actually kind of like the guy, and think what he dose is fun at times, I just want to make clear that he says alot of sh*t all the time. And about Kratos, I wouldn't say that he predicted it, but more that he made it happen. It' seamed like he was the one really pushing all the people involved, to talk and bring the games together.

Mokrie Dela

more likely that, because they've worked together in the past, they've developed a relationship and YM was among a celebrity party who played LA Noire and said it was good.

Don't read too much into it.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

I read that they showed off LA Noire at some hotel in Los Angeles. Young Maylay, DJ Pooh, Woody Jackson (composer for RDR) and others were there representing R*. I don't think he will be in GTA5, he just has that kind of relationship with them.

user posted image

The whole Young Maylay/DJ Pooh thing goes really well with the other rumor in which CVG claimed that major Rap and RnB stars would be involved with the next gta(In some sort of real world LA)

Here is the thread link. CVG claimed it was from a "Heavyweight source" However they weren't too certain about it popping up at E3 -They were right about that part.

I can never recall R* quoting that it's 'impossible' for III era charecters to return. If IV was set in VC/SA then how can you not have Vercetti/CJ in it? Main protagonist? Doubt it, but a boss, or a friend or just a personality on the radio or something. Contrary to popular belief, R* do like to give their fans what they want, and who wouldnt want to see an old face back?

And have YM voice another chareter...no chance, im not in the gaming industry or film industry for that matter, but having someone so popular and memorable amongst GTA fans voice another charecter would be stupid. Unless they tweak his voice so everytime we hear the new charecter we dont think CJ.

There's nothing stopping R* from combining characters from the GTA III and IV "eras". They can say the GTA IV version of San Andreas was 75% the same as the GTA III version and CJ existed in both. The only thing GTA IV changed for sure was Liberty City.

sure,I hope he gets to feature in V,in fact,I'd like Ray Liotta back as well,because Tommy is the greatest GTA protagonist ever.

sure,I hope he gets to feature in V,in fact,I'd like Ray Liotta back as well,because Tommy is the greatest GTA protagonist ever.

i like your way of thinking, even if other people dont

why WOULDNT anyone want TV back? i dont care if they had to get a new voice actor who sounded similar to Ray since they may not get him cause he wasnt all too thrilled with his paycheck or something or other but hey Charlie Sheen needs a gig and can sometimes sound a little similar lol

If he does come back (Young Maylay I mean) there's a high chance he wont reprise his role as CJ. The GTA III era ended with VCS.

He could come back to voice another character I suppose, but as CJ? I doubt it.

This.

That is all.