Limited vehicles

friendly luggage

friendly luggage

Hi ive noticed that on both consoles I own GTA IV for (PC and Xbox 360) the traffic is very stale. On free roam you dont see half the cars that you would see on singleplayer. Willard, uranus, skylift, patriot, comet, and loads more...

Why did rockstar limit the vehicles, ive been wanting to know since March 2008 angry.gif

LongHairedFreakyGuy

It's not that they limit their vehicles per se, it's just that you when you're driving a certain vehicle, the traffic and parked cars will mainly be similiar to what you're driving. For example, drive a sports car around, and 90% of the traffic/parked cars will also be sports cars.

But yes, to actually acquire the car you're after can be quite hard at times...unless you're after a taxi.

friendly luggage

No seriously, there are cars on singleplayer that you will never see in free roam MP. Ive played free roam IV, TLAD, TBOGT and free roam on the PC version.

Why is there this limit in traffic! sad.gif

It's not that they limit their vehicles per se, it's just that you when you're driving a certain vehicle, the traffic and parked cars will mainly be similiar to what you're driving. For example, drive a sports car around, and 90% of the traffic/parked cars will also be sports cars.

But yes, to actually acquire the car you're after can be quite hard at times...unless you're after a taxi.

This theory is wrong. People have been saying the same since the game came out and it's f*cking wrong lol. It's true that if you drive a comet in single player, more comets will spawn, but this doesn't apply to multiplayer mode. For example, if you get a Sultan RS on a free roam, you won't see another Sultan RS in the traffic lol.

I'll try my best on giving an explanation about this, keep in mind that english is NOT my mother-tongue.

There are 4-5 cars that spawn over and over for a while, then after a while, say 15minutes, these type of cars stop spawning and then another 4-5 different cars begin to spawn. It's like a cycle. If you stay driving the same car for half an hour, new cars had spawned of course - so if you get out of the car(i.e. to pick some weapons, vest...) don't walk too far from the car cause it'd dissapear lol, I guess it happens cause it's not the same car from the ones which would be currently spawning.

To answer your question, I'm not sure why Rockstar limited the vehicles in the Multiplayer. Perhaps to make the game-play smoother, maybe it'd work worse if we had a bunch of different cars. (Lag issues, etc)

If you play this game a lot, after a while you pretty much know which cars are going to spawn depending of the traffic. If you see a normal Sultan or a Coquette, it means that an Infernus is going to spawn soon smile.gif after that cycle of spawning cars it comes the worst cars; Vigero, Cavalcade, Premier, slow cars.

Edited by EL_FUGA

illegal_luggage is correct,there are a few cars that you see in single player that you never see in multiplayer-but i carnt name them off hand.

Having played nothing but multiplaer from day 1,i only realised how many types of vehicles there was when i was forced to play single player due 2 no internet connection.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuga is correct.They have limited the amount of cars to make the game run smooth.You`ll notice that there is less detail in the city when on mulitplayer eg garbage cans,litter,tall grass,no trains,no hotdog stands ect.They have trimmed it all back to accomodate 16 players playing at the same time. You notice that when the cops are turned on the game starts to lag,Imagine what the lag would be like if all the detail and cars had been included.I think it would be unplayable.

Mokrie Dela

Multiplayer could have a few less due to connection latencies, but in single player I want to see more traffic. Star Junction for example should be packed. You ever tried driving through the Booth Tunnel - terrible bottleneck there, which is good - annoying but realistic tounge.gif

Obviously I don't wanna see traffic jams on every intersection, but i would like to see more traffic in built up areas, and less in more rural areas.

Also I want to see a difference in day and night. Obviously the city would be awake 24/7, but suburbs etc would be ALOT more sleepy at 3AM then at 5PM.

The limit is there, i imagine, for network performance reasons. More to load=laggy gameplay.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

EL_FUGA is right. But you are forgetting something, you aren't the only one playing. In SP, you would be drive, example a Sultan, you would see it 80% of the time. But in MP, you drive one and you won't see it, since there are other players playing. But the main reason is because of lag.