Steam users- what new features do you want?

fireguy109

What feature would you like to see added most?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What feature would you like to see added most?

• Connect profile to Twitter
    • Ability to take videos, not just screen shots
    • Improved muting in games (mute all automatically perhaps?)
    • Ability to mod game files
    • Ability to add Steam DLC's to non-steam games
    • PM system (for contacting offline members without leaving public profile messages)
    • Ability to buy + redeem gift cards
    • Coupons/redeemable points awarded based on your weekly playing hour average.
    • Other (feel free to post below)
    • Steam's fine as it is
    • All of them!

Well, Steam has apparently added FaceBook to its list of extensions. You can now connect your FaceBook and Steam profiles and social-media-ize even quicker. Previously it added the ability to link your YouTube account and the ability to take screen shots in-game and share them. So my question is, what do you want to see added next? More specifically, which one do you want the most?

pkmTc.gif

I lol'd at "Connect profile to Twitter."

I'm gonna go with the ability to mod game files, although that could get pretty hectic.

Grand Theft Auto Dude

A working offline mode

An actual patch system (Not the 'replace one massive file at a time' system)

A scheduler for the download manager

F*ck twitter.

Videos? No. No. No.

It should be left to people who know what they are doing with the source recorder or have a decent enough PC for fraps and editing.

Did you not see the saxxy awards? People upload utter sh*t. Just because they can.

Other than that, I want some form of profile editing. Where you can hide crap valve seems to force on you.

Like the game-play stats went from 3 to 6. Why? Why cant it be optional, same with the screen shots, videos, aliases and recommendations.

Finn 7 five 11
Videos? No. No. No.

It should be left to people who know what they are doing with the source recorder or have a decent enough PC for fraps and editing.

Did you not see the saxxy awards? People upload utter sh*t. Just because they can.

I voted Video recording, and then i realized my mistake after reading your post, i f*cking hate noobs who are like "look i made a video, i died lolz, know everyone can watch"

So my actual vote was Ability to buy + redeem gift cards.

Honsetly, the changes I would like would be being able to play without a game patched, or play while the patch downloads, in the case of offline... Other than that, Steam's fine as it is...

I'm gonna go with the ability to mod game files, although that could get pretty hectic.

You can already mod game files. My Steam copy of New Vegas, Steam copy of Stalker- Call of Prypiat and Stream copy of GTA-ELFC are all heavily modified.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

You can already mod game files. My Steam copy of New Vegas, Steam copy of Stalker- Call of Prypiat and Stream copy of GTA-ELFC are all heavily modified.

Well, certain ones such as most GTA games cannot be modded (I'm talking vehicle/script mods mostly)(This especially applies to older GTAs).

pkmTc.gif

well, that mostly has to do with their respective companies not wanting them to be moddable in the first place... I don't think it's on Steam's end to decide that...