Screen Shot Competition

iRloading

user posted image

GTA - IV Screen Shot Competition

Introduction

A few weeks ago, forum member NaidRaida suggested via pm a screenshot competition for GTA IV. With the Competition sub-forum being a part of the Mod Showroom, it seemed fitting enough that the competition be created for every member with GTA IV (PC) be able to participate.

Brief

This is a user-screenshot competition for GTA IV (including The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony). Everyone is free to participate as long as one mod (be it graphical, a script, mission, vehicle, etc. any combination) is running in-game (this is the mod showroom after all, no out of the box GTA IV screenshots). Mod Showroom rules still applies to mods, as such we discourage the promotion of conversions and ripped models. There are no judges for this competition, but rather entries will be rounded up and put to a poll for members to vote on. Please post your entry in this topic.

Rules

- One entry per member.

- Size/Resolution limited to 800 x 600, should the member wish for a larger resolution, please post a thumbnail link to the Full-size image instead.

- At least ONE mod running in-game. Please state with your entry which mod is running and credit the mod's author (if available)

- Graphical mods such as ENB are encouraged.

- Scripts/Mods/Trainers such as first-person or HUD disable are allowed to give your entry a clean screenshot look.

- Single or multiplayer screenshots are allowed, go grab a friend!

- Mod Showroom rules apply, no converted models or ripped content in your screenshots.

- Likewise, no stealing or claiming of other people's screenshots as your own.

- No post-editing in photoshop! Photoshop use to be limited to cropping and resizing only.

- You can add a watermark or signature to your entry should you wish to do so.

Duration

Competition starts as of this date of posting (June 9)

and will end on June 18 11:59PM - London (Saturday)

Voting will open on June 19 6:00PM - London (Sunday) for one week until June 26 6:00PM - London (Sunday)

**special thanks to NaidRaida for providing the idea and banner graphic for the competition.**

Edited by iRloading
4DksF.png

Cool, there it is! tounge.gif

Of course I´ll join.

Can I directly post the pic here? I´m a bit confused right now.

Folks, please make sure you´ve read the rules carefully - it´s not that much - if you wanna join, less discussions will increase the fun.

Edited by NaidRaida

- Mod Showroom rules apply, no converted models or ripped content in your screenshots.

So do I have to use IV's stock cars?

I don't get this rule tounge.gif

- Mod Showroom rules apply, no converted models  or ripped content in your screenshots.

So do I have to use IV's stock cars?

I don't get this rule tounge.gif

You don´t need stock cars BUT converted car models from other games are not allowed cause this a generall forum rule (no advertising for conversions, no hosting).

Due to the fact it´s a competition directly hosted on GTAF this rule must be enforced cause it´s an important and traditional rule.

Generally, a lawyer could say "converting is not legal" (finally it´s ripped!) although it´s very common (we all have converts I know wink.gif ), but the most conversions DO NOT have a permission from the original authors, it´s that simple.

And GTAF doesn´t support this, especially in an official competition. Generall forum rules are omnipresent ALL THE TIME.

Note: This is a generall forum rule that stands above the competition and is out of discussion! You have to suck that bitter pill. wink.gif

If you have a car and the permission to advertise/show it officialy, no problem.

*** If something of this "speech" is wrong, please correct me! ***

Edited by NaidRaida

xXGh0sT 17Xx

Removed.

Edited by xXGh0sT 17Xx

@above

I don't want to steal your idea, but if it's allowed I'm also gonna do that for 'security' ok? smile.gif

@NaidRaida

So I can just use modded cars as long as they're not converted from, say, Shift 2?

Thing is, I don't really know which cars are converted and which aren't biggrin.gif

So, I gues I'll be hunting for a nice screen smile.gif

Can i use my logo in my screenshots?

Tagging the picture with your name is OK, if the picture is not spoilt. That is the only "photoshop effect" that is allowed (besides cutting/resizing).

What you have shown is okay. icon14.gif

So I can just use modded cars as long as they're not converted from, say, Shift 2?

Thing is, I don't really know which cars are converted and which aren't biggrin.gif

Yeah, I know, difficult sometimes to know where it really comes from. Models which are stated as "converted from..." in any kind (f.e. in it´s readme) are definately inappropriate.

If you don´t know where it comes from, it´s definately better to stay away from this... then you´re at least 100% save.

Dang... now that might spoil the competition for me...

I thought that too, but there´s no alternative. BTW, I really like the stock cars. No problem for me.

There are also some "VIP" cars around, they´re also not allowed cause they´re either VIP and not available for everyone and/or they´re conversions.

If you wanted to show a nice converted model (which may be nice, no question) you have to change! smile.gif

Edited by NaidRaida

that's what people get when using non-legit mods.

Rob.Zombie

Same for me. If we can't post pictures about those then it makes no sense, since 90% of the cars are converted from other games. Also game models are usually pinpoint accurate while scratch models are inaccurate.

Also if you take a suggestion, I think there should be 2 different types of screenshots, which is ENB and non-enb (still graphic mods can be used). I mean for god's sake I saw photoreal (or very close to that) pictures with ENB.

Only 1 post (1 screen) for one account???

yup, no multiple accounts either. (obviously, but for more serious reasons)

regarding conversions:

-Models that require permission from a corporate entity, like EA Games, aren't allowed for conversions. period.

of course, even though this is a screenshot competition we wouldn't like to promote the idea of licensed/converted models running in-game.

The mod showroom promotes originality and creativity, and we're just trying to stick to that idea.

4DksF.png

Well ok, now I surely will never win; about 90% of my cars are converted, and those stock cars are awful (except for Comet, Infernus, a bit SuperGT & Sultan RS) confused.gif

-Models that require permission from a corporate entity, like EA Games, aren't allowed for conversions. period.

Screen with only default models???

o0

f*cking sh*t(

Screen with only default models???

o0

f*cking sh*t(

no one said you had to use default models.

I can argue all about conversions the whole day, but this topic is simply not for it.

I've already stated in the first post, Naidraida already explained this, and I even quoted it from the showroom rules:

Models converted from other games: no go.

Understand this, or leave the topic.

4DksF.png

My picture for voting (click for original size)

Picture title: No money, no play!

user posted image

Picture information:

Platform: GTA IV patch 1.0.4.0

Mods: ENB Series 082 (by Boris Vorontsov), Dpeasant3 ENB settings (tweaked)

No scripts, I found this ped randomly but...

he asked me for money before he wanna pose for a photo, that´s no joke. wow.gifsmile.gif

He had some kind of accident later.

Edited by NaidRaida

Picture title: IDK (mafia?)

user posted image

Picture information:

Platform: GTA IV patch 1.0.3.0

Mods: ENB Series 082b7 (by Boris Vorontsov), Dpeasant3 ENB settings(not yet released), DKT70 road textures.

Cropped image from 1280x1024 to 1279×726 using Irfanview(cropped upper part)

ps Used NaidRaida picture info structure tounge.gif

Picture #3 Crash

user posted image

Info: GTA IV 1.0.0.4 + BCT + ENB 0.82b7 with my ENB-setts

Photoshop: only resize image & make a black border + my personal logotype

Edited by iRloading

Yeah that look cool, with structure! icon14.giflol.gif

Oh that comment should go to Dpeasant3, nevermind...

A funny pic may also win! Don´t calculate only with pure picture Quality.

Really needed to laugh about Fake´s pic. Damn, that have to hurt. biggrin.gif

Edited by NaidRaida

Picture Title: Cool Guys Don't Look At Explosions....

user posted image

Picture Information:

Mods:

Project: AndReAGE

ENB Series (Don't know what version because it comes with Project: AndReAGE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All staged throw grenade, switch to silenced pistol and walk all in 10 takes to make it look awesome XD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shot at The Golden Gate in San Fierro.

Rob.Zombie

This is a bit unfair imo, I mean all the maps are converted from games, and they are allowed on this site, however all the cars that has been converted are not allowed...

Take an example: Dakota IV, map made by EA Games, Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 SL, car made by EA Games. What's the difference?

This is a bit unfair imo, I mean all the maps are converted from games, and they are allowed on this site, however all the cars that has been converted are not allowed...

Take an example: Dakota IV, map made by EA Games, Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 SL, car made by EA Games. What's the difference?

That R* isn't EA and R* made SA and IV.

^^ I can feel your pain partially Rob, really, BUT please don´t use this topic as discussion topic, that will decrease the fun A LOT imao.

If you want to discuss about possible forum rule unfairness, please post a discussion topic about such issue somewhere, or contact a staff member.

I really would like to know something about that, I like discussions, but not here.

Cool pic, quechus. icon14.gif

Edited by NaidRaida

PacketOverload_x64bit

Best of luck to all those who enter.

"Back in a New York Groove"

user posted image

Ped shot from Hove Beach, Liberty City.

Ped Shot from This Album

From my work on peds ENB set tweaking from May 28 ph34r.gif

Info: Black_D's Base Set / LPF312 Shaders / Niggbert's enbeffect.fx / Custom Tweaked ENB Set

Real life just exploded on me, so I'll be using one of my old(er) screens for the competition. I do believe my fiance took my GTA IV disc! It's GONE!!! lol.gif

I created another topic in the GFX request section

to provide that the winner will get some kind of recognition if he wins this story.

An official medal will not be available but this may be also nice, and definately better than nothin.

Look here: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=478626

Everyone is also welcome there as well! tounge.gif

Nice pictures, folks! icon14.gif

Guys I...errr blush.gif ...well I did something stupid and I lost my HDDs, lost everything what I did in the last 2 months, not only my GTAIV installation. I must start from scratch, reformat and all...this is really PITA! mad.gif

But I'm lookin' forward alien.gif to see your competition screens!