Interact with Apartments

mvfanjw

What would you guys think of Being able to interact with more in your safehouse like in Mafia 2?

_GTAFREAK_

Yeah, it would give a "reality boost" to the game... We should be able to watch TV, play console, use computers, and even prepare and eat quick meals from the fridge or something, to refill the energy bar biggrin.gif

Not everyone has played Mafia 2. Just one simple sentence isn't good enough to kick-start a topic that can lead to intelligent discussion. You should elaborate more as to what interactive things you'd like to see in GTA V and why.

_GTAFREAK_

girishb Posted on Jun 7 2011, 15:33

Not everyone has played Mafia 2. Just one simple sentence isn't good enough to kick-start a topic that can lead to intelligent discussion. You should elaborate more as to what interactive things you'd like to see in GTA V and why.

You're kinda right... in fact i didn't played Mafia 2 before... sarcasm.gif but, anyway, i only shared my general opinion about this theme...

I don´t think that this could be very attractive to me. r* should spent their energy to make the outside world more realistic, not the safehouse. biggrin.gif

I don´t think that this could be very attractive to me. r* should spent their energy to make the outside world more realistic, not the safehouse. biggrin.gif

true true

_GTAFREAK_

NaidRaida Posted on Jun 7 2011, 16:29

I don´t think that this could be very attractive to me. r* should spent their energy to make the outside world more realistic, not the safehouse.  biggrin.gif

Hehehe... you're right anyway devil.gif ...but, i would like to see an interior improvement ALSO with the exterior, of course, especially giving player the possibility of watching TV, use computers (if during the game's era exist ANY computers at all lol.gif ), and using the fridge to eat or drink something to refill the energy bar. biggrin.gif That would be SO AWESOME, especially the last one ...

Being able to do what we could with apartments in IV was fun and all, but it was nothing more than time filler before I went to save. Not once did I actively think "oh, I'll just go to my safehouse and watch TV". I never did any of that, and I never took friends to play pool at Playboy X's old gaff either. As said, I'd rather they devote their attention to sweetening the outside world and making that all the more fun to play in. All I need in my safehouse is a bed to sleep on and a couch to think on.

As always, more interactivity imo is a good thing. Not everyone has the same gameplay style and those more hardcore gamers could simply breeze past the extra interactivity items.

Most importantly to me besides the GTA next location being VC, is the ability to acquire properties similarly to VC. Owning your own club and having access to a VIP area was a great feature. I loved rolling in on my bike to collect the money made from the businesses.

_GTAFREAK_

ajrunke Posted on Jun 7 2011, 17:41

(...)Most importantly to me besides the GTA next location being VC, is the ability to acquire properties similarly to VC.  Owning your own club and having access to a VIP area was a great feature. I loved rolling in on my bike to collect the money made from the businesses.

Hey, i usually had the habit of doing a thing like that! biggrin.gif I went on my Freeway, and made a run around the city, to collect the properties payments... it was pretty cool... good 80's times... lol.gif

GroveSt.Fam4L

In San Andreas you can play a video game at the safehouse on Grove St. & In GTA IV you can only watch TV. Yes I'd like to be able to do more than one thing in a safe house, other than watch TV or play a video game, maybe cook or invite over guest to hang out other than having a friend call and ask to go out somewhere fun.

darkplague
Yeah, it would give a "reality boost" to the game... We should be able to watch TV, play console, use computers, and even prepare and eat quick meals from the fridge or something, to refill the energy bar biggrin.gif

i liked in SA how you could play arcade games and stuff, and in 4 i thought it was cool that you could use the internet, but watching TV was just a total waste of time in my opinion, because you couldn't interact w/ it, u just sat there and watched tv inside of a video game...it sounded cool when i first heard the idea...but in reality...i wasn't diggin it...

They have mini games all over in GTAIV to go hang with your "friends". If they removed those side games and stopped the harassing phone calls, but moved the mini games into your safe house where you could invite your "friends" to your pad and play them at your leisure...that would be fun. That way you don't have to keep hitting ignore on your phone or go driving all over just to find a bar...they would come to you after you phoned them.

Then it wouldn't be as intrusive to the people who hated the mini games, but would allow the freedom for the people who enjoyed them to do it on their own. A playable pool table, table tennis, air hockey, darts, personal bar set up...all in your pad would actually be fun. And I didn't like the mini games, but I think I would like this.

SuperMutantBehemoth

lmfao mafia 2 sucked in everything exccept for these features

story was generic

Mute Giant

A lot of you are probably gonna disagree with me here, but Im not a big fan of all the mini features in GTA. When I play GTA, I wanna play GTA, not some silly arcade game within the game itself, like in san andreas. Yeah, it might be fun, but I feel like it takes our attention away from the real game.

I want any interactivity in the safehouse (and interiours in general) to be somewhat related to the core of GTA. I wanna use it to outrun the cops. Slam the door in their face, sprint through the house and escape through the backdoor. Maybe have gang members hanging out in the appartment to distract the police so I can get away. Or maybe just hide in there and wait until the swat team kicks down the door and storms the appartment. Or I could stack large amounts of money in there. Like after a heist, you would have a bag of cash that you need to store somewhere safe. Perhaps you shouldnt keep it in a safe house in a bad neighbourhood, because you might get robbed. or you could keep it in some secret safehouse, that rivals and cops dont know about

It would also be fun if more things happened in your appartments. Like if you load a game, Niko would on occation wake up on the floor and you can see the table full of empty beer bottles. You hear some wierd noises from the bathroom and discover roman bending over the toilet bowl. There should just be people hanging around in your appartment at times, so you could interact with them without taking them bowling.

Just a couple of ideas right of the top of my head

There's an idea, and will call it GTA V: The Sims edition..............not! lol

Haha yeah that took it too far, but I still think being able to play mini games at your discretion inside your safehouse would be appropriate and fun. Not diggin' the idea to refill the energy bar.

However, I can't completely disagree with GTAFREAK. GTA could use a lot more customization. That is one thing GTAIV lacked.

Getting a soda/water from the fridge to refill your health doesn't seem that farfetched considering you do the exact SAME thing OUTSIDE with vending machines.

One thing with GTA safe houses is if your character had nightmares. Imagine playing as niko when he finds 100 dead children lined up agaisnt the church or reliving the betrail or perhaps his escape from bulgarins tanker ship or maybe relive a mission in which niko got his chopper shot down... or when he saw Romans mother get...well Y'know. perhaps a few cutscene nightmares about his father drunkenly beating him from room to room does that not sound cool to anyone?

Yeah, grabbing a drink or food from a street vendor works...but he said PREPARE a meal. No thanks. I don't want to play virtual chef.

Yeah, grabbing a drink or food from a street vendor works...but he said PREPARE a meal. No thanks. I don't want to play virtual chef.

Ok thats just stupid now performing a quick animation to grab some chips/crips is ok but preparing a meal. This isn't cooking moma last time i checked.

In San Andreas you can play a video game at the safehouse on Grove St. & In GTA IV you can only watch TV. Yes I'd like to be able to do more than one thing in a safe house, other than watch TV or play a video game, maybe cook or invite over guest to hang out other than having a friend call and ask to go out somewhere fun.

You can use the Internet in the Algonquin safehouse and can bring pool dates to to the safehouse you can get from Playboy X in GTA IV, and of course the clubhouse in The Lost and Damned is the most feature-packed safehouse ever.

Well, personally, I think that some features can be implemented, but then, I do not even use those features already implemented in GTA IV. However, strangely, I do use them in Mafia II. Its just that in GTA IV, the focus is the outside world and not about things like switching off lights and locking house doors. I think that we should ask for more interiors, as we currently have a lack of them, as seen in GTA IV. Just saying that they can just expand on these miscellaneous items but still, the focus of any GTA game is the open world and gameplay.