Do you want the PC version to be Modable?

Seafire

Considering that the game could have some bad features, (there always are), would you want to be able to put different cars, weapons, maps, etc. in the game?

I would want to be able to mod the game, but my only worry is that it can be very hard to do considering GTA V's files could be in a different format and R* could get smart about people modding it.

Meh, people wanna mod a game they will, doesn't matter how many layers of sh*t they cover it with people will peel it back and poke around inside, I think R* know as soon as they release a game on PC it will be modded.

I now playing GTA IV for three years on several platforms.

If it wouldn´t be moddable I would have played it... for a week!

A computer game should always be moddable. Especially a GTA game cause it´s just made for modding due to it´s own gameplay and dimensions.

EDIT:

What bam said is pretty true.

Do you really think that R* are trying to discourage modding? Not one bit. In fact, there's a significant section of the community that buys the game just for the modding possibilities. People who already own the game on console re-buy it for the PC for this very reason. Not to mention, modding increases the replay value of the game.

To summarize, PC version of the game is always going to be moddable. The only problem is modding in MP, but it's not certain whether the next game will have MP.

I don´t think r* discourage modding although every patch locks more doors. They´re probably clever enough to see that they benefit from this cause the game gets more audience, more audience, more they´ll earn.

Look at me: I played on console... and then the real fun starts on computer, so I bought it again of course.

I mean bam is right when he say that there´s no way to avoid modding if someone really want to crack the outer hull of "game protection".

_GTAFREAK_

I don´t think r* discourage modding although every patch locks more doors. They´re probably clever enough to see that they benefit from this cause the game gets more audience, more audience, more they´ll earn.

Look at me: I played on console... and then the real fun starts on computer, so I bought it again of course.

I mean bam is right when he say that there´s no way to avoid modding if someone really want to crack the outer hull of "game protection".

I agree with that... cool.gif i mean, there's always existed a HUGE community of modders behind every GTA. That's just the way it is... modding is a tradition of all GTA games, mostly the ones from the III era.

No, because then that would be very unfair the the console players, i think they should be able to take mod content to the xbox from the pc at least to be fair

Modding is just a reward for spending that extra money for a game. R* probably wouldn't take that away because they're making money off of it. If your computer isn't good enough, then I guess too bad lol.

Kwandilibro

Half the people who play the PC version play it to mod it. R* knows this, so of course it will be moddable.

Ispintechno

My current PC won't run it but I'll always say yes to that. Seen some very cool videos of what people have done to GTA4, not to mention graphics tweaks to improve the game. Good job fellas.

Finn 7 five 11
No, because then that would be very unfair the the console players, i think they should be able to take mod content to the xbox from the pc at least to be fair

Well thats what happens when you buy a console i an afraid. Pc and console versions of the game are vastly different anyway. I own a ps3 and i find it unfair how pc gets crap ports from console. So if you wanna talk unfair consider the other factors first

Consoles added USB ports so consoles should be allowed to be modable from PC. When the PC versions come out the console versions get a big price drop as a sign that the PC version has more content and the content is mods.

xgtamontariox

I agree with that... cool.gif i mean, there's always existed a HUGE community of modders behind every GTA. That's just the way it is... modding is a tradition of all GTA games, mostly the ones from the III era.

Yeah, it developes reasonably fun creativity and lots of people want to tweak it to make it unique to them. The only mods I would ever create would be maps and a few cars. Anything that messes the game is too much though.

A better question is, is there going to be a PC version

_GTAFREAK_

Jeh87 Posted on Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 09:12

Well... i hope they DO create a PC version!! sarcasm.gif really...

Meh,mods are mostly made by pirates. Pirates always find a way to get through anything. Well,whatewer sh*t Rockstar puts modding will be possible. Consoles are also sh*t.

Jeh87 Posted on Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 09:12

Well... i hope they DO create a PC version!! sarcasm.gif really...

So do i as i play both IV on my PS3 and on my PC. However R* seems to have gone the way of the consoles and forgotten the PC fanbase. RDR LAN MP3 AGENT are all prime examples of this.

EncryptedReality

MP3 is coming to PC though and Agent might not be PS3 exclusive any more.

About RDR, I think they made a big mistake not releasing that on PC, same goes with LAN

Meh, people wanna mod a game they will, doesn't matter how many layers of sh*t they cover it with people will peel it back and poke around inside, I think R* know as soon as they release a game on PC it will be modded.

R* should know that, modding keeps a game alive, for many years to come.

kailomonkey

Yep, stick to community unofficial modding. That way GTA can remain somewhat innocent of the vile content from our imaginations tounge.gif

As has been said, it will be done anyway. So the only question is would Rockstar allow modding? Well they cannot stop it and needn't endorse it, so they get a win-win. Limited come back, liability, responsibility, investment in support, pandering to complaints... Putting any effort into blocking the moddability of their games, only acts to gift them the integrity of being anti everything that people create themselves and strengthen everything already mentioned.

Edited by kailomonkey

r* spend millions of dollars just to develop ways of protecting the game against pirates, but they seem to crack it anyway, so basically there is no point in that.

• 1 month later...
TheHippyJesus

Rockstar wouldn't make as much money from the PC versions if you weren't able to mod it bescause some people just buy it for PC to mod it.

Original Light

Do you really think that R* are trying to discourage modding? Not one bit. In fact, there's a significant section of the community that buys the game just for the modding possibilities. People who already own the game on console re-buy it for the PC for this very reason. Not to mention, modding increases the replay value of the game.

To summarize, PC version of the game is always going to be moddable. The only problem is modding in MP, but it's not certain whether the next game will have MP.

They just added a GTA IV PC mod on the Newswire. It's about a zombie mod. Go look guys. Here